south park general discussion/upcoming episode thread

Sexual Healing - 4/5
Tale Of Scrotie McBoogerballs - 2/5
Medicinal Fried Chicken - 4/5
You Have 0 Friends - 4/5
200 - 3.5/5
201 - 3/5
Crippled Summer - 4/5

Good season so far, let's hope they can keep up the pace!

Last edited:
Sexual Healing - 3/5
Tale Of Scorite McBoogerballs - 4/5
Medicinal Fried Chicken - 4/5
You Have 0 Friends - 5/5
200 - 4/5
201 - 4/5
Crippled Summer - 1/5

Crippled Summer was just terrible IMO but on the whole, this Season has been pretty good so far. Definitely in a better direction than last season.

Sexual Healing - C
The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs - C
Medicinal Fried Chicken - C++
You Have 0 Friends - C+
200 - C++
201 - C+
Crippled Summer - C-

average season with no really solid episodes yet but hopefully it gets better with the second half.

Last edited:
Haven't seen Crippled Summer yet, but I'll rate the first six episodes:

Sexual Healing - C-
The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs - C+
Medicinal Fried Chicken - B
You Have 0 Friends - A-
200 - A-
201 - A

They really hit a nice stride for the middle four episodes of the run, and overall as enjoyable as the first run from last year.

Appropriately, the Season 13 bluray came out here yesterday so I've been watching a lot of that, and it's actually quite an enjoyable season for me, and I'd be happy for the rest of 14 to keep this kind of quality. I know there will be people that will disagree with that, but damn, 13 was amazing compared to Season 12 (my least favourite). More school/kid oriented episodes (Butters' Bottom Bitch, Fatbeard, Pee, Dances With Smurfs), much better social commentary (The Ring, Dances With Smurfs, Margaritaville) and some episodes that I just found really fun to watch (The Coon, Eat, Pray, Queef, Dead Celebrities). Season 12 has what? Some stupid thing about money curing AIDS, Britney's New Look, that stuff with the internet celebs, and that terrible Pandemic 2-parter. Only thing it's got going for it, in my opinion, is Major Boobage. What an episode. Like I said, while Season 14 has been off to a decent start it's still showing a lot of stuff that I thought was a problem in Season 12. If it could become a bit more like Season 13 then I'd be pleased.

hey guys, i was having an argument with my girlfriend who is an avid South Park hater over whether the show is intentionally offensive. she specifically dislikes the religion based episodes but after much convincing she has agreed to actually WATCH one of the episodes, so that i can take her arguments with some merit.

what episode do you reckon would be best for me to prove that the show can use satire effectively and humorously?

Trapped in the Closet is probably the one most intentionally offensive to a religion.

Maybe go for All About the Mormons, which pokes a lot of fun at Mormons, but also has a nice message at the end ("maybe my religion is a little odd but it works for me").

If she's a religious person, she might find it interesting that Go God Go pokes fun at atheists. Then again, that episode does have Ms. Garrison's bare breasts so it may not be the best one if she's squeamish.

Otherwise, while most of the religion episodes aren't exactly hating on faith or anything, there's still plenty of stuff they make fun of. Red Hot Catholic Love has the sequence at the end that says that people who use the Bible for guidance will often find ways to live their lives as a good person...but this is after 20 minutes of pedophilia jokes.

As far as religious satire in general goes, Cartoon Wars does a terrific job of raising an interesting point on censorship, although it's not really specific to religion itself.

she's not religious so thats not a problem. i was obviously considering Trapped in the Closet but agree that All About Mormons might be the way to go.

Bloody Mary might not get my point across as well as those two would I think but Cartoon Wars is an interesting thought

From the Comedy Central Press Release:

1408-poor-and-stupid-press-release.jpg

CARTMAN HITS THE SPEEDWAY!
ALL-NEW "SOUTH PARK" EPISODES BEGIN
ON WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 6 AT 10:00 P.M. ON COMEDY CENTRAL

NEW YORK, October 4, 2010 Cartmans dream is to join the exclusive ranks of great NASCAR drivers in an all-new episode of "South Park" titled, "Poor and Stupid," premiering on Wednesday, October 6 at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT on COMEDY CENTRAL.
Cartman wants to race with the pros and he's ready to do whatever it takes to make it happen. He's afraid that no matter how hard he tries, he'll never reach the the level of the other NASCAR drivers. Working with Butters as his pit boss, Cartman pulls out all the stops to compete in the race of his life.

So the second half of season 14 is here, and I assume we're just going to use this thread for rate/review as well, seeing as how we're in the AV Club now? The Family Guy and American Dad! threads are used for R/R.

Was just thinking about when the season would start-up again. Sounds like an interesting episode. Butters and Cartman being paired up is always good. Looking forward to this!

I'm glad the show is back at all after the Mohammed fiasco. I know they're contracted through next year, but I could have seen them renegging on that and ending the series outright in protest.

Anyway, looks like a good one. Hard to go wrong with Cartman/Butters team ups.

Excited for the rest of the season. The Cartman/Butters formula usually makes for the best jokes so bring on wednesday!

The episode really doesn't interest me. Lets hope this half of the season is better than the first half at least.

so, uh, this new episode was garbage. i didn't laugh once

i liked the press conference and the first appearance of the vagisil guy. this really should have been a b story ... or at the very least there should have been a b story in this episode.

i'm afraid next week's episode is going to be bad too. i've never even watched jersey shore and i'm already annoyed with "guido" jokes.

yeah, this was pretty lame. the press conference bit was the one bright moment. i was hoping kenny's quest to stop cartman was actually going to go somewhere, but facing the vagisil guy's wife instead was just weird and unfunny.

yeah that ended kind of weirdly. I thought Kenny was actually going to do something. he was getting there but then it just... faded off? and nothing came of it. pretty unsatisfying

best part for me was probably Stan and Kyle telling Cartman he's a retard in the beginning, but that's about it. this didn't feel like anything special... just South Park chugging along, making vagina jokes and killing a shitload of people in an explosion of guts and blood with no consequences. did not feel like there was much effort going on

Did they also curse in this episode?

There was a specific context to it.

The episode was....alright. Funny enough to be tolerable, but I just didn't laugh all that often. Felt too much like one of the more forgettable season two episodes or something. Still beats the hell out of "The China Problem," though.

Premieres of episode-runs have a tendency to be on the weaker side so I'm not too concerned.

i know lots of people who like nascar, and have a good understanding of the sport myself, and i still hated it

i agree with cole... it could have been good had the entire episode not been devoted to the cartman plot. the story was just way too thin to stretch into 22 minutes, and because of it, the gags got old in a hurry

The only part I really enjoyed was the Vagina Cleaner CEO's repeated nudging at his wife, and her inevitable backlash.

They could've made a clever commentary on NASCAR racing, like they did with modern wrestling last season. But they didn't.

I did like that they had the drivers talk about the technical aspects while basically having Cartman be almost everyone else's reaction with "I'm gonna drive in an circle and keep turning left"

mostly because my dad is into nascar and he talks about all the techniques and stuff they use....but it just looks like driving to me

Back