Hardest clothes to buy?

I can easily hate belts, they're just one more thing you've gotta take off to get your pants down to piss (if you don't have a dick) or take a shit. I can see where they would be useful if you have a flat butt and the rest of your pants aren't tight enough to hold them up, though.

I'm shocked the people in here who mention belts haven't mentioned elastic waist pants. I despise flys and buttons and zips on my pants so whether it's work pants or wear around the home pants, elastic waistbands are how I roll.

I like belts, just not how difficult it is to find cool plus size belts that aren't made cheaply and don't cost a ton. I'm not paying an extra $20 for a few extra inches of belt. If I had more belts I fit in, I'd wear them more.

the way shoes change over time kinda makes it difficult to find a good pair that ages well.

Jeans never fit me and I still refuse belts. As above, too much hassle if owning this configuration of pisshole.

R.e. leggings, yeah, that's more what I mean. I ran out of money for the entire summer and of the clothes that fit, that was it. Shirts were too small as well, so yeah, people were probably highly aware of the size of my ass. :( Wouldn't have worn shorts if I could fit in them because I felt so fat. Was the lesser of two evils in terms of what people might have thought, and I hate myself for caring.

I'm fat and I don't shave my legs. I don't really particularly care if I shock a random stranger by wearing shorts and showing my pale, hairy, chubby legs when I'm out and about and trying to be comfortable. TBH I think I need more shorts. When I became amused at the thought of someone being horrified because I'd dared show a little bit of hair and stretch marks via shorts is when I started wanting to wear them just to piss some fat-phobic asshole off.

[MENTION=70019]Torrens[/MENTION] Never know, might've embraced it if I had any that weren't either too small to get on or -comically- large and falling down. I've embraced the fatness now anyway. Wish I had for summer.

Jeans/pants are the hardest for me. My waist size (29) is an odd one and not easy to find. And when I do find it, they're almost always too long. They assume if you're skinny you're also tall (which I am not). Additionally, there's so much variation between brands that sometimes I've tried on 29s that I couldn't even button they were so tiny. Plus, they're kind of boring. I actually enjoy shoe-shopping. And while I can't buy shoes or pants without trying them on, at least I don't have to wait in line to try on shoes.

You should take a trip to Vietnam. They have tons of designer jeans in that size. Meanwhile, could not find anything as big as 33.

Finding suit jackets that fit me is the hardest, but suspenders and vests are second because they're hard to find around here, period.

I'm fat and I don't shave my legs. I don't really particularly care if I shock a random stranger by wearing shorts and showing my pale, hairy, chubby legs when I'm out and about and trying to be comfortable. TBH I think I need more shorts. When I became amused at the thought of someone being horrified because I'd dared show a little bit of hair and stretch marks via shorts is when I started wanting to wear them just to piss some fat-phobic asshole off.

I understand, I liked this one (for me) best:

https://www.boutiqueken.com/

Weird bump, but yeah, jeans continue to be awful. :/ People who diss on larger women for wearing leggings as pants don't know the struggle of not being able to find jeans that fit consistently. I just can't hate leggings as pants, unless they're way too tight or see through or something. Ya'll are just sexist pigs.
Wearing jeggings right now tbh :heart:

I do have a few stretch "pants" since it's all I can really wear comfortably and fit properly, not gonna bother trying to fit into jeans. I've been using jeggings (not leggings but I mean cloooose enough) since my mom dropped a few in my lap months ago because they're cheap as fuck at Walmart and there are lots of different prints and junk. They also fit and shape me far more nicely than most pants even though I'm still overweight. But when I look at photos of me in most pants vs jeggings, all pants look baggy and weird on me because of my shape.

I've never felt so comfortable with my body in my life to allow myself to wear leggings or jeggings out in public so anyone who would give me shit about it because they don't wanna see a "fat chick" wearing fitted clothes can drop into a ditch, really. It's much like when I was a kid. I could never find pants that fit me right even though I wasn't even HUGE. I was a chubby kid. The first time I wore pants to a party, my aunts all exclaimed "wow, you're wearing pants!" Once I reached a certain age and a certain school grade, I completely stopped wearing shorts because my legs looked so fat and wearing shorts just makes fat kids look fatter (and it didn't help that I had eczema problems later). I wasn't willing to start wearing shorts out in public again until uhhhhhh a few years ago maybe??

It's like it goes from "ew don't wear shorts, I don't want to see your fat" to "ew, don't wear leggings, I don't want to know that you're actually fat." Well, I don't wanna see your FACE so there, person. :mad:

And yeah I don't bother with belts. I would like to, but that's not a thing. Even men's belts are stupid on me. I barely bother with "women's" clothes anymore because it's all shaped and cut for smaller women even in the plus size sections. Also I don't like super wide collars or super short sleeves but that's p much everything in certain stores so I mostly just wear unisex clothes with a few nice blouses here and there for special occasions.

BTW, it's really annoying that a lot of women's pants just DON'T have pockets. Or the front pockets are fake. Like, WHY? I don't carry purses.

hey [MENTION=1694]kupomog[/MENTION], I don't know what your shape is precisely but women with big (round) butts have some options for jeans, like Apple Bottom. (There are others if you don't like blingy apples on your butt.) I haven't tried out Eshakti's jeans but they can be customized to any measurements you give them.

Also YES to the pockets thing. I get why some women's pants don't have pockets but I need pockets on my work pants since I carry a FOB on my keychain to get into my building and I don't feel like wearing it on my neck and I don't want to have to have a cardigan that has pockets.

I buy all of my work pants either from Woman Within or Land's End. Woman Within has these great soft pants that are really comfortable and cozy and lightweight, great for hot weather. The only thing I don't like about them is that the elastic on the waist really bends when you wash them or fold them or look at them funny, but I've learned to ignore it. When I started trying to find a job I had an almost impossible time finding non-casual pants that fit my ass and didn't also bag out at the hips and waist horribly. I've given up wearing pretty much anything with a button or zip fly because of it.

Last edited:
BTW, it's really annoying that a lot of women's pants just DON'T have pockets. Or the front pockets are fake. Like, WHY? I don't carry purses.

I fucking hate this. The first time [MENTION=49962]Smiling Politely[/MENTION] visited me I got to see this first hand and like... who's the monster that designed this shit!? I actually put her jeans on just to see if they fit and when I put my hands in the pockets that were like, 2 inches deep I actually thought that they were just bunched up and needed to be opened out. Oh, the horrors of the slow realization that this was not the case with women's jeans.

Liz just now when I asked exactly what happened because I don't trust my own memory: "You put them on, put your hands in the pockets, went NOPE and immediately pushed them off".

[MENTION=20302]Shaunbadia[/MENTION], I think its' so that you don't have shit crammed in the pockets so that they bulge out and make your hips look fat or weird? that's the only explanation I have. Me, I don't care, I just know I like pockets. I wear Just My Size brand jeans which indeed have large, deep pockets.

Also my glasses are constantly askew on my face (like tilted to one side) and I don't know why. My head is funny I guess?

How askew are we talking? I constantly adjust mine simply due to them sliding down my nose a little bit but I've never really had to deal with them being like, crooked or anything.

I'd find something like that impossible to put up with.

Egh geez, just include pockets. If the wearer cares about bulging they'll bring a bag. Pure sexism.

Yeah I'm with you guys, I don't care about bulging pants at all. I let my wallet and phone just bulge out of whatever pocket they are in as long as they can fit in there. I don't like to carry bags or carry things in my hands as much as possible. Pockets are just ass-bags, why can't I have them?!

Yeah, the big hips thing is like.... who the Hell is gonna see a wallet shaped bulge or whatever and think "Get a load of that big ol' ass!" because of it? I know people are shit but like... it's just so insane to me.

[MENTION=20302]Shaunbadia[/MENTION]: you wouldn't really mistake it for part of the body. it just sort of looks like a weird lump. I have some pants for work where the pockets do look lumpy and somewhat unflattering, especially with my work keychain in them. But they fit on my butt and they still have no holes or stains in them, so I wear them. They look decent enough.

I just can't picture a lump like that being misconstrued as anything else when it's in the pocket area. Not like you're going around with a case of "The bee bit my bottom".
133732.jpg

Shoes for people with plantar fasciitis...

True. The same can be told about shoes for people with high arch feet... I mean just simple shoes just for daily walking and running. I know what I'm talking about because the finding best running shoes for high arches was tough, well, at least now I have a pair of cushioned Asics and Adidas.
Also what about shorts for people with big hips? Any thoughts?

Back