Official Season 15 DVD & Blu-Ray

Given that the bus seats going from left to right correspond to the episodes, he's probably from Bart-Mangled Banner.

edit: just checked the episode, it's a guy named Nash Castor from a show called "Head Butt"

HchKu.png

Oh shit! I hated Politically Inept with Homer Simpson too, but I never knew that that guy was a callback to Bart-Mangled Banner. My respect for that episode has risen by 1%

Oh yeah, I haven't seen that episode in a long time. Mostly because it makes me want to barf.

I recall watching it the first time and thinking how much of a rip-off it was of the Futurama episode A Taste of Freedom, which in itself was not that great an episode.

The menus' all look very good so thanks for posting, [MENTION=47653]Banjo[/MENTION]; I think I like the schoolbus theme and will get the set eventually. Any chance you could post a shot or two of the booklet and what it's like on the inside?

The menus' all look very good so thanks for posting, [MENTION=47653]Banjo[/MENTION]; I think I like the schoolbus theme and will get the set eventually. Any chance you could post a shot or two of the booklet and what it's like on the inside?

Yeah, sure. They'll be up later.

How are the extra features? (besides the deleted scenes and the audiocommentary)

Picked it up this morning at Target, 22.99 as advertised, great price. They were out of the special edition version though, oh well...no Otto to keep Ralph and Kang company on my wall I guess.

I love the booklet. The length and texture are great. Already watched the Halloween show without and then with commentary.

Oh, and Nash Castor is an obvious reference to Hardball with Chris Matthews, a real political talk show on for years now.

Amazed they went with "Nash Castor" instead of "Chris Watthews" or some other lazy nonsense. Off topic: but I don't get why they do lazy shit like Mapple and Mixar and Funtendo. Duff isn't "Dudweiser", Buzz Cola isn't "Bepsi". I am all for Simpsons universe versions of name brand items, but at least give it its own identity rather than tacking on one letter. Apple is "Apple" because... apple is a thing! Mapple is "Mapple" because they took "Apple" and added an "M". But then, Apple exists in the Simpsons universe. :P I do, however, like the "MyPad" name. But why not name the company after another fruit and give the head of the company a more original design and name. Steve Mobbs... ugh.

At least stuff like Blocko and Cosmic Wars are a tad more original... not by much but they at least could be deemed imitators of Lego and Star Wars (both of which also exist in the Simpsons universe) rather than mirror universe versions of their real world counterparts.

Anyway, back to season 15! Sorry.

I'm in the vast minority on this just like everything else, but I never got the Mapple hate honestly. I mean I understood that people found it lazy, but I didn't. I even got into a kinda argument about it with DoTheBartman I think or some other member here before they migrated over to Board and Rec last year. The thing about Funtendo Zii that annoyed me was how in its first appearance they still called it a Wii...though now that I think about it I guess there was an ipod in Ice Cream of Margie.

Anyway just watched My Mother the Carjacker and thought the deleted scene with Mona reading to Homer was sweet.

Gotta say, I really hate the blu-ray packaging. I get it, it's "better" in the sense that the discs have proper holders but still. The artwork maaaan!

I could care less about the artwork, I care more about the episodes themselves there better quality and blu-ray discs are also scratch resistent which is a plus too

I'd definitely go with the artwork myself, at least until Season 20, but then I have no plan on getting a blu-ray player in the next few years anyway. I hope they don't keep the accordion style for 16 - 20 anyway, and if the trend of 5 sets per design is anything to go by they shouldn't, but for some reason I get the feeling that now's gonna be the time where they just keep going with the same style.

Jim Brooks actually mentions in the commentary for The President Wore Pearls about the HD episodes possibly looking brighter which is probably the second most common complaint I read about the current animation second only to the complaints of lifelessness. They kinda just scoff at the question, but I was interested that he brought it up even. I know when I saw the youtube preview for the zoo scene in the most recent episode Homer and the kids looked like a wrong shade of yellow but watching the episode on my tv, which isn't a high def tv, they looked fine to me.

Just opened my set! The art this time out is awesome!

Oh, and no more raised letters on the front. Seems season 14 is the only time they've done that. lol

I dropped by HMV on my way home from work today and got my copy. I got the head shaped box, so it'll cap the top of my stack of Simpson DVDs. Since I'm not buying anymore, it shouldn't matter that I can't stack anything on top of it.

Disc 1 is finished, pleased to say I still find the fat and the furriest hilarious.:D

I almost did a spit take when Homer called Madonna a bitch at the end of regina monologues. It seemed so weird and then the version the staff is watching actually has him call her a jerk and Jean says it was originally something meaner.

Maybe it's because some people who don't have the things that gets unboxed in the videos yet want to see how the stuff looks like inside and out before they get it, as a preview of sorts.

Last edited:
The first time I stumbled upon those kind of videos I expected them to be followed by some kind of review, but nothing and I thought: only the unboxing?!? Really!?!

Is there also vids of people unwrapping candy, lol?

Anyway, Thanks to everyone who posted useful information and great screenshots in this thread during these last few days. :)

Unboxings are cool when they're shot well and you get a good look at the packaging. That kid's video was awful. :P

Anyway, watched the feature for The Unusual Ones, and it was pretty awesome! Not just season 15 related, but went into a lot of classic era eps and the bizarre animation styles they used.

Jeff Nathanson, the Indiana Jones writer, doing a commentary? That's a surprise.

Valentina Garza doing two DVD commentaries, FOUR YEARS ahead of her ACTUAL seasons. Wow!!!

I just bought Alan Sepinwall's book. Love the guy's work, and I'm looking forward to his input on these commentaries. He's an acquaintance of Matt Selman, who first mentioned him on one of the previous DVD commentaries. I actually mentioned it to Alan on Twitter, about an year ago. He seemed surprised, back then.

I wonder if I'm somehow responsible for this arrangement.

I don't recognize any of those names except for Matt Selman's.

Oh , this is the season in which Sarah Michelle Gellar voiced that juvie-girl, right?
Always been a Buffy-fan. Curious what the audiocommentators have to say about working with her.

This is a pretty great season.

Some episodes that I had written off as being forgettable are actually quite funny and there is a fair share of my favorite post-classic era episodes in season 15: THOH XIV (with the exception of Frinkenstein), President Wore Pearls, Tis the 15th Season, I D'oh-bot (awesome animation), Simple Simpson (ditto)

Also there are a lot of "important" episodes that continue series-spanning plot threads: My Mother the Carjacker (Homer's Mother), Today I Am A Clown (Krusty's Father), Milhouse Doesn't Live Here Anymore (Milhouse's Parents), The Ziff Who Came To Dinner (Artie & Marge), My Big Fat Geek Wedding (the end of the Edna/Skinner relationship), The Way We Weren't (expanding on Homer & Marge's past)

I might just have a Edna/Seymour mini-marathon in the near future. I'm trying to think of all the episodes centering on their relationship, all I can think of are: Grade School Confidential, Special Edna, My Big Fat Geek Wedding

I recall when the episode first aired, I immediately noticed that the opening with Milhouse was so fluid. And now that I look at her list of episodes, I remember thinking the same thing about sequences in Bye Bye Nerdie and Moe Baby Blues.

I'm trying to think of all the episodes centering on their relationship, all I can think of are: Grade School Confidential, Special Edna, My Big Fat Geek Wedding

You could include 'The PTA Disbands' also.
Often in shows people have arguments before they get hit by Cupid's arrows.
Same here.

034.jpg

115.jpg

Last edited:
I'll betcha that the Simpsons Movie scenes she directed included the Lisa meets Colin scene and the family in the motel scene in which Bart runs around with a tiny liquor bottle in his mouth. Both those scenes remind me of the animation seen in I, D'oh-bot

Back