Rate & Review "Stop Or My Dog Will Shoot"

How would you rate "Stop Or My DOg Will Shoot"?

• 5/5 - A boy's gotta go with his dog

Votes: 23 10.6%
  • 4/5

Votes: 63 28.9%
  • 3/5

Votes: 86 39.4%
  • 2/5

Votes: 36 16.5%
  • 1/5 - Put it to sleep

Votes: 10 4.6%

• Total voters

Tomacco

Mod, eh?
Talk about it once you've seen it.

I thought it was pretty good overall. The usual disconnected first act had a few laughs, but a couple groaners IMO mainly having to do with Homer being a little stupider than usual (like the sudden "hey this maze is made of corn!"). The sequence of SLH searching the maze was nice, if maybe just a tad too computer-animated-looking (unless they were parodying the old Windows screensavers, I personally found it hard to tell if that was a purposeful joke or not). By the way, I didn't see Hawking credited in the end credits... did I miss it? Anyways, the second two acts were better, with the police training sequence being the highlight - mainly Wiggum's delaying the whole thing a week, and the ridiculousness of the police dolphin. The snake part of the storyline flowed in nicely I thought, with some great stuff in the school. The Microsoft Word paper-clip gag was priceless. Overall, not the best episode of the season by any means, but a tiny step up on last week, IMO. 3.5/5

NOTE: Despite press reports and promo cards, Rudy Guliani did not appear in this episode at all.

Last edited:
It airs at 7:00 on Global where I am, and the usual 8:00 on FOX. I guess I'll catch it on Global in twenty minutes, write a short review, then watch it again on FOX and edit in more comments.

coltonwiggum said:
It airs at 7:00 on Global where I am, and the usual 8:00 on FOX. I guess I'll catch it on Global in twenty minutes, write a short review, then watch it again on FOX and edit in more comments.

Yeah, I saw it on the Maritimes Global feed at 6pm.

Hmm....

3/5. I did laugh pretty good at a couple of Homers lines...

"Why do things that always happen to stupid people happen to me?"

And

"I'm know I'm not a dog. I'm a people like you."

I didn't like the first act, liked the second act, and the third act was mixed. I guess I'll give this a 3/5 on the vote. I enjoyed Lou for the most part, but wasn't particularly impressed with Homer. A very "meh" episode, boring at parts. Could easily drop to 2/5, but I'll stick with my original vote.

Let the record show that this was my favorite episode of the last two seasons, easily. It was consistently funny like the golden age, nobody was out of character, the plot wasn't a reused thing with slight changes, and I actually cared about what happened throughout, especially when SLH bit Bart at the end of act two. If you want my favorite lines/moments of the episode, seek out my Toon Zone post for this, because there are a lot of them: http://forums.toonzone.net/showthread.php?p=2526771

awesome

possibly the best of season 18 yet, very funny and a story with some real heart to it, I enjoyed it alot... the joke where the python is eating the computer, and the computer said something along the lines of "it looks like you are trying to eat me, do you need some help" was a great joke... anyways, i loved it... 5/5

Amateurish, unfunny, boring, pointless. Homer was as irritating as ever. I never thought the worst episodes of the Simpsons could be as bad as South Park's worst. They're just putting less and less effort into these aren't they :(

F

Just awful.

First of all, we already had a heroic dog episode, you know you've gone too far when you're repeating plots for Santa's Little Helper. Pathetic.

Also, next time you hire Stephen Hawking, have enough respect to give him a decent line , rather than, "this maze is too hard". What a waste.

Watching this show is like seeing your once smart and robust grandfather become stricken with Alzheimer's and walk around sh!tting his pants and drooling. It's just sad.

A very generous 1/5

Probably one of the worst episodes this season, very boring. 1/5

This was a typical SLH episode--boring. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't particularly funny either. The plot wasn't bad, but I never got into it. C-

3/5

Didn't love it, didn't hate it.
Didn't really laugh. Another episode that was hard to have any opinion about.

I sort of liked the bit where they played Korn when SLH went through the maze...I guess. Also, Bart being attacked by Pinhead and Jason was kind of neat in an "Oh look, it's pinhead" kind of way.

Anyways, at least there were only one or two runs this week. Speaking of that, I liked the Lisa tossing.

Not much to say about this. It wasn't very good, but I didn't hate it. Meh...

(uuuugh, the Lega"she" episode is on now.)

Man, seeing a review thread up this early completely terrified me. I'm glad the times were still normal for me and I didn't miss anything, since I've been looking forward to this episode for so long.

I've been fairly hyped up about this, and I would have expected to be disappointed for it considering my hype and the introduction of the snake, but... it didn't really disappoint me at all, I liked it. I liked how the first act seemed to flow together and into the main plot a lot more smoothly than last week's. The second act was the best though, and the third act followed it up fairly well, though the ending felt really, really... weird to me. It was slow.

Loved Lou though, and loved how competant SLH was. Liked the scene when SLH bit Bart, and Bart's reactions afterwards and how much he still loves his dog... mmm, I'm a sap for moments like that. Loved the characters' lines/actions (didn't have any problems with Homer myself...), no parts irritated me, but some of it felt awkward, so 4/5.

I think the last 3 weeks the stories have had a nice flow to them in that they weren't crammed full of jokes. That's a good thing.

Where the hell was Rudy Giuliani?

This was a cute episode and there were some pretty funny gags, but it just didn't gel for me. 3/5, C+

it was okay. i'd give it a 7/10 but that would translate 3.5 and i had to round tha down to 3/5

FuzzyWuzzyWuzABear said:

explain what was lame about that?

I rate consistently:
5 = great
4 = good
3 = o.k.
2 = bad
1 = almost unbearable

o.k. = may have smiled to myself, but never really laughed. It had a few good and bad moments. If it happened to be on, I would watch it again; but I wouldn't go out of my way to see it.

More in this thread:
http://www.nohomers.net/showthread.php?t=61172&highlight=rate/review

Nicely animated! Great long over due Santa's Helper episode. Liked the snake, "Strangles", Dug the Corn maze video game segment. Great to see that they finally figured out they don't need both cops anymore just the one and Wiggum make a good comedy duo
O-K-Gator2.gif
5/5

explain what was lame about that?

If an episode of a comedy show fails to make you laugh and doesn't have any other redeeming values, then it is simply a bad episode. An average episode should be a few lol moments, not a couple smiles.

I rather liked the episode. It wasn't one I'll probably remember or think about much, but I would still say it was an entertaining half-hour.
The police academy was definitely one of my favorite parts, and I laughed out loud at the Microsoft paper-clip bit. Oh, and the different alarms in the school cracked me up - especially the one about Willie.
I'd go with a 3.5/5, but I'll round down since it wasn't quite as good as the ones I've recently given 4/5's.

FuzzyWuzzyWuzABear said:
If an episode of a comedy show fails to make you laugh and doesn't have any other redeeming values, then it is simply a bad episode. An average episode should be a few lol moments, not a couple smiles.

It's all subjective ;-/

Pretty dog-gone good.

I'm not sure where the dislike is coming from, but I felt this one was strong from start to finish, with some minor problems in the second act.

By and large I enjoyed the first act, mostly because it flowed logically. Homer's dumbness didn't bother me too much, I enjoyed the SLH search scene with the Hawking appearance, and the cop scene was pretty good too.

The second act I felt was the weakest. It started out extremely strong, especially the jokes at the Animal Police Academy. Both Wiggum's vacation speech and Eddie being attacked by horses and alligators were great examples of how the episode blended its humor together very well. Where I thought the act was weak was the emotional development arc of the story. SLH's reaction to biting Bart seemed to come quite suddenly. Why? Because SLH had a rough day as a police dog? The whole court scene was pretty terrible and it seemed out of place. I think I would have preferred another example of when SLH caught a crook.

The final act is where this episode really shone. The best joke was the paper clip pop up on the computer when Strangles tried to eat it. I normally don't laugh uncontrollably at many jokes, but I felt myself laughing well after that joke was over. Also, SLH's Haunnakah barking was funny, as well as Wiggum's knitting of Big Bird strangling Elmo.

Ironically, I felt the emotion in the final part of this episode more than the second act. It's ironic because they almost seemed to make fun of it, e.g.- Wiggum's speech about following your heart, and the choice that Bart had to make at the end between SLH and Strangles. I felt that playing the emotion in a light-hearted way worked really well as an ending. I enjoyed Mrs. Krabbapel's attempt at a joke, the kids' reaction, etc. The end left me with a good taste in my mouth.

My nose might say B-, but my heart says B. This deserves a B. 4/5

Back