Season 35 Information Thread

If there’s no new episode on March 17, it won’t be because it’s St. Patrick’s Day, it’s because of no new episodes being ready to air at that point.

Clan of the Cave Mom is supposed to air on the 17th of March but we'll see if they are able to go ahead with this schedule.

EDIT : I just look back on EIDR and it says that it will air on the 24th of March and not them 17th. Wikipedia says that it will aire on the 17th but there is no source to back that so I'm assuming it's not true and that is more likely to air on the 24th of March.

Last edited:
Clan of the Cave Mom is supposed to air on the 17th of March but we'll see if they are able to go ahead with this schedule.

EDIT : I just look back on EIDR and it says that it will air on the 24th of March and not them 17th. Wikipedia says that it will aire on the 17th but there is no source to back that so I'm assuming it's not true and that is more likely to air on the 24th of March.
Serialzd is also saying its airing on March 17th, and I assume that information came from TMDB, but who knows where they got the info from either, as TMDB have been wrong before

Serialzd is also saying its airing on March 17th, and I assume that information came from TMDB, but who knows where they got the info from either, as TMDB have been wrong before

I just checked and it's still the case. If this is accurate I assume we'll get some kind of confirmation at some point this week since this is only two weeks away. I'm all for it, I'm missing my Simpsons episodes in 2024 :D

With only 12 episodes airing as a part of the current season so far and with only 11 Sundays left from March 17th to May 21st the possibility of there being fewer than the average number of episodes this season is getting clear.

With only 12 episodes airing as a part of the current season so far and with only 11 Sundays left from March 17th to May 21st the possibility of there being fewer than the average number of episodes this season is getting clear.
Did you mean May 19th, This year May 21st falls on Tuesday and The Simpsons episodes are premiered the Sundays.

Breaking news! The April 7th to June 9th airdates for this year have popped up in The Futon Critic

1709583350469.png
Yes, I already know for a fact there's actually gonna be repeats for May 26th, June 2nd and June 9th after whenever the season ends obviously

So if Clan of the Cave Mom really airs on the 17th of March we can have up to 10 new episodes which would still give us a season 35 with 22 episodes. I think this option is unlikely though and my guess is more 18-19-20 episodes this season.

Breaking news! The April 7th to June 9th airdates for this year have popped up in The Futon Critic

View attachment 7750
Yes, I already know for a fact there's actually gonna be repeats for May 26th, June 2nd and June 9th after whenever the season ends obviously
Interesting. so judging from this, Bob's Burgers & TGN, all 3 will be ending their Seasons on May 19th. The Great North obviously affected by the strikes deeply along with Bob's Burgers, still not sure about Simpsons thou

No, in any case this would confirm the calendar leaked by EIDR and the season will indeed have 18 episodes.

Also, I guess this will finally kill that conversation about how many episodes this season will have, right? I feel like this is not the right thread to discuss that and in extreme cases I even feel like the conversation has become a bit redundant.

In any case, having obtained 18 episodes was even somewhat fortunate. Especially considering that the current season of Bob's already (almost) ended completely out of nowhere.

Bad news, peeps. The Simpsons will be preempted on March 17th due to Ice Age: The Great Egg-Scapade. The other three ANIDOM shows (Krapopolis, The Great North, Grimsburg) will air new episodes that night.

By the way, Futon Critic is still probably busy as heck, so hopefully we can get episode descriptions for Krapopolis, The Great North and Grimsburg either tomorrow or Wednesday.

EDIT: I should've posted this in the Fox Sunday Speculation Thread, but I'll let it slide.

And it looks like the production code for The Tell-tale Pants is very well 35ABF10. I don't mind if The Simpsons already skipped 35ABF08 until The Yellow Lotus would eventually air sometime next season

And it looks like the production code for The Tell-tale Pants is very well 35ABF10. I don't mind if The Simpsons already skipped 35ABF08 until The Yellow Lotus would eventually air sometime next season
Did you see my post? The Simpsons won't be on March 17th.

Yeah, we better not go too off-topic about FoxFlash and The Futon Critic that much, that also goes for @dave2009 and @Mitchfan. However, there's already another thread where we can discuss about Fox Sunday. Ugh! This is kinda getting ridiculous right now. I'm sorry, but I'm very stressed out at the moment. I'm also sorry for being off-topic

Last edited:
Bad news, peeps. The Simpsons will be preempted on March 17th due to Ice Age: The Great Egg-Scapade. The other three ANIDOM shows (Krapopolis, The Great North, Grimsburg) will air new episodes that night.
I knew they weren't going to premiere a new Simpsons episode on March, 17th. The Season 35 will have in total 20 episodes and that's due to the 2023 WGA strike.

I am thinking that the strike will now evolve to there being half of each production run being holdovers. After all in the early seasons there were only 2 episodes that were held over and the amounts gradually got higher.

The March 17th airdate has been removed in The Futon Critic for The Simpsons, meaning The Simpsons will be pre-empted on March 17th, so there we have it

Last edited:
The promo pictures and the plot for Clan of the Cave Mom just got released on FOXFLASH, and here they are

1709760293647.png
A parenting disagreement between Marge and Luann Van Houten escalates into a life-or-death struggle for survival on the all-new "Clan of the Cave Mom" episode of THE SIMPSONS airing Sunday, Mar 24 (8:00-8:30 PM ET/PT) on FOX. THE SIMPSONS © 2024 by 20th Television.

The promo pictures and the plot for Clan of the Cave Mom just got released on FOXFLASH, and here they are

View attachment 7810
A parenting disagreement between Marge and Luann Van Houten escalates into a life-or-death struggle for survival on the all-new "Clan of the Cave Mom" episode of THE SIMPSONS airing Sunday, Mar 24 (8:00-8:30 PM ET/PT) on FOX. THE SIMPSONS © 2024 by 20th Television.
Finally! A new episode!

Looks like it’ll be great, especially from the animation sequences in image 1 and 4. I can’t wait to see what’s that’s all about.

Am I crazy or does it look like the aesthetic of the cavemen scenes took inspiration from Genndy Tartakovsky's Primal of all things ? That's awesome aha.

We got our Kirk episode that escalated quickly so I guess a Luann one was bound to happen. I can't say I'm in love with their current characterization (especially Kirk) but I can get behind them being sort of antagonists. It worked pretty well with 'Livin' la Pura Vida' as far as I'm concerned. And it also was a Brian Kelley episode. I'm curious.

And looking at the promo pictures for Clan of the Cave Mom, it might be Bob Anderson's directing effort. Not only that, it definitely also looks like a Kelley episode as well

View attachment 7810
Evidently seems like we're sticking to the premise of the Van Houtens as antagonists, now with Luann getting a chance to be awful instead. Honestly, I just kinda wish this actually got to concern Helen, who has the much better basis for a rivalry with Marge....but what can you do.

View attachment 7810
Now this sounds like its gonna be an interesting episode to watch, although a part of me does want to compare it to Homer Defined's subplot. Does seem like there is no subplot, so perhaps Homer will take a backseat in this episode?

Noticed Ms. Peyton in the background, along with Lewis but I do hope Ms. Peyton has a speaking role in the episode but I highly doubt it. Does seem like an episode I'm gonna enjoy.
Evidently seems like we're sticking to the premise of the Van Houtens as antagonists, now with Luann getting a chance to be awful instead. Honestly, I just kinda wish this actually got to concern Helen, who has the much better basis for a rivalry with Marge....but what can you do.
I do agree with you when it comes to Helen, as I would like Marge to go up against her instead

Hopefully Clan of the Cave Mom's not affected by a strike (as long as the animation looks already good in there), hopefully as well as one of the other upcoming 35ABF episodes such as Night of the Living Wage, Cremains of the Day, The Telltale Pants, The Tipping Point, Bart's Brain, and even The Yellow Lotus, THOH XXXV and Shoddy Heat. And no I'm not gonna worry about the strike anymore

Back