Wile E. the Brain

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hey, sorry to bother you again, but I just wanted to ask you. What’s your favorite Futurama episode?
    Yo, who’s your favorite character from Futurama?
    OldSchoolerSimpsons
    OldSchoolerSimpsons
    I can never give this question a single answer, since either of my picks would apply for different reasons.

Bender could be my favorite due to giving me the most laughs.

But I find Fry the most likable and sympathetic of the bunch, so he could also be considered a favorite in that sense.
    Wile E. the Brain
    Wile E. the Brain
    I think Farnsworth would be my favorite one solely based on laughs. Fry is the most well-balanced of them all and is basically the heart of the show to me. Leela is not far behind, by the way.
    D’ohboy
    D’ohboy
    I think Bender and Zoidberg are funnier than Farnsworth myself, though he’s still funny than Fry in my opinion. I haven’t ever laughed at Amy or Hermes. Leela, although not really meant to be funny is a fave of mine. I’ve only seen 12 episodes though.
    I see I'm not the only one who appears to be watching the Hazbin Hotel series if your current avatar is an indication.

And it's fitting that it's Husk as it was some of the casting choices (namly Keith David as him and Stephanie Beatriz as Vaggie) that drew me into it despite having seen the original pilot back when it first released in 2019.
    Wile E. the Brain
    Wile E. the Brain
    It happens, I guess. But I can see one be fooled by Eight Crazy Nights way more easily than by Hazbin Hotel, a series set in litteral Hell. Still, screw this mindset forever.
    Well, considering your opinion on current FG and AD, that's quite a surprise to see you praise something new from MacFarlane (although I'm well aware besides the voices he's got next to no involvement in the latest seasons of those shows). Maybe I'll give it a shot as I did like what I've seen of the first movie (also, finishing said movie is on my list). Also having Dana Gould among the writing staff is a convincing argument as well.
    John95
    John95
    And even the latest season of AD! has seen a noticable decrease in terms of Stan & Roger even though they are still there, now it's easy to see why. Because yeah, he's very heavily involved with this show as besides directing it he's also written at least two of the episodes.

I'm well aware besides the voices he's got next to no involvement in the latest seasons of those shows
    Yeah, it's annoying how many people still automatically blame him for the shows being bad now when at most he's the voices and maybe might comment on something here or there. His most recent contribution to either show besides doing voices appears to be pitching the idea for the 400th billed episode Get Stewie which of course was played up when promoting it and ended up being a massive piece of shit.

having Dana Gould among the writing staff is a convincing argument as well.
    Besides being on the writing team, he also guest stars in one of the episodes.
    Wile E. the Brain
    Wile E. the Brain
    And before that I heard he was equally invested on The Orville, so yeah. I suppose it's been at least more than a decade (so when the first Ted movie was made basically) MacFarlane pretty much entirely moved on from the production and writing of those shows. Yet it's indeed strange how so many people would happily dunk on him and mostly him for how they turned out since then. On the other hand, Matt Groening, who most certainly doesn't have much involvement on current Simpsons as well, gets away scot-free from such criticisms, strangely. It has nothing to do with the show's current state itself since there are still many people out there to consider the modern era several seasons too many. I guess Groening isn't as controversial as MacFarlane ? (South Park's hate-boner on whatever MacFarlane has put out didn't help either I suppose.)
    great pfp lol! i assume this is from ''moring mark's'' fan comics?
    Wile E. the Brain
    Wile E. the Brain
    Indeed so ! I should probably leave a little credit to him for using it.
    • Love
    Reactions: Meko
    Ahh damn I'm late, but hahaha, happy belated birthday friend! I hope you had a great time yesterday on your special day and I wish you many more years to come and have a great time. :)
    Hey there dude! Have a super nice Happy Birthday! I didn't realize it was that special time of the year for you until I glanced at your review in the R&R thread for 'Mid-Childhood Night's Dream' (you don't show up under "Today's Birthdays" on the board's main hub either, at least not for me so I guess it is some time zone shenanigans or something, haha). It's been much fun interacting with you on the boardsand I hope we're in for more (and I must thank you for all the support you've given me in my rate & review threads for A:TLA & Korra as well).

I do hope you have a really good, sweet and memorable 25th (also regards and well wishes, too). See you around! :cool:
    • Love
    Reactions: Wile E. the Brain
    Wile E. the Brain
    Wile E. the Brain
    Yeah, I've never made my birth date public on my profile here so I'm guessing that's why I don't show up on this section, so it's no time zone matter. I just never cared to make it public here, even though I evoked it for my review's sake aha.
    Anyway, thank you so much ! I'm far from my family at the moment so no big celebration today but I hope to see them soon and do something with them.
    It's always a blast chatting with you around here and I'm sure you know that already. You're an awesome guy. And of course, thanks to keep on following my Futurama thread.
    Hello! Living in earlier timezone I should notice earlier, but anyway - HAPPY 25TH BIRTHDAY, Wile (I always spell your name as Willie). Wish you a great "silver anniversary" age year, and all the life. Happiness, health, optimism, and all the best :aww:
    • Love
    Reactions: Wile E. the Brain
    Wile E. the Brain
    Wile E. the Brain
    Thank you very much ! Don't worry, that's not my real name anyway aha.
    I don't think you would've noticed either way because I haven't activated the "visible birth date" option here and I don't think I've ever told it to anyone here before my last review. But thanks anyway for the kind word and wish, it means a lot.
    Reactions: Bohdan
    Hey there! I’ve been reading your Futurama reviews after I watch each episode (for only the second time ever), and because I don’t want to ask you a question in your thread about an episode you covered months ago, I’ll ask here:

You said “Yes, there is that iconic line (you know which one)” regarding the Fry video game segment in “Anthology of Interest II.” Unfortunately, I am not too in tune with the Futurama fanbase, so can you elaborate on which line you meant?
    Wile E. the Brain
    Wile E. the Brain
    Aha, yes, there's the "alright, it's saturday night..." monologue from Fry which became an iconic line and a meme in the Futurama fanbase.

Also, thanks for keeping on reading my reviews. :)
    Financial Panther
    Financial Panther
    Ah, got it. Thank you! And your reviews are always a treat to read.
    Thoughts on “The Looney Tunes Show”
    Wile E. the Brain
    Wile E. the Brain
    I really like it. I'm more of a Looney Tunes Cartoons guy when it comes to newer iterations, but it's still extremely enjoyable, full of witty dialogue and personality behind what looks like a straight sitcom facade. This version of Lola is incredible.
    Reactions: HOMЯ
    ThatCraptacularUser
    ThatCraptacularUser
    Thoughts on Steven Universe and Steven Universe Future?
    Wile E. the Brain
    Wile E. the Brain
    Haven't seen SU yet.
    mind following me back
    Howi
    Howi
    Hey, not to rain on your parade, but that's not how most of the site works. It's not really about following in my opinion. Followin' is just something on every site like this. Most people don't really worry about following.
    Reactions: Meko
    Hello there, I have a few questions:
    1: What would you consider to be the golden era?
    2: What is your least favorite episode of the golden era?
    3: How do you feel about Family Guy and South Park since both shows are inspired by The Simpsons?
    Wile E. the Brain
    Wile E. the Brain
    1: Like I told you once, even if I like seasons 9 and 10 (especially 9), deep down I know there are signs of bad things to come in many episodes from them. Season 8 is the last season I'd say that represents perfectly the show as I know and love it while pushing its boundaries.
    2: Probably Bart's Inner Child.
    3: Both shows I'm so many seasons behind on, but I like both of them a lot. Early Family Guy makes me laugh a lot, and South Park has so many clever episodes behind its crass humor. They clearly are their own thing though, maybe they are a little inspired by The Simpsons on some points but that's about it (especially South Park which is CLEARLY distinct).
    ThatCraptacularUser
    ThatCraptacularUser
    @Wile E. the Brain. Do you like Miracle on Evergreen Terrace or do you dislike it? It's one of my favorite episodes but I know it's a disliked outing.
    Wile E. the Brain
    Wile E. the Brain
    I've softened on it in time, although I'm still not that much of a fan. I don't mind the darker approach of a Christmas episode conceptually, but the execution doesn't quite hit the mark for me.
    Hey, I was just reading your signature and you're like the only person I've seen on this site to list The Man Who Grew Too Much as the worst of season 25. I have to say I 100% agree, that episode is terrible and I'm glad I'm not alone in thinking that
    Wile E. the Brain
    Wile E. the Brain
    I'm not sure this one is well-received here anyway, there just are other massive stinkers in this season, but yeah, I can't with this one. The ultimate disgrace for Sideshow Bob and its biggest sin might actually be the fact that it's lacking fun tremendously, so what was the point of being so ridiculous. Just some "shit happens" shenanigans leading nowhere.
    ThrashtheTrash
    ThrashtheTrash
    Plus it contributed absolutely nothing to the continuity based on the episodes that came after so this one might as well be noncanon. Definitely the worst Sideshow Bob episode by far
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back