Futurama General Discussion

LESS THAN ONE HOUR TO THE NEW FUTURAMA!

Stole my little cig picture, eh Mozy? :P

Anyway, I really enjoyed the double season opener.....and here's another promo pic! This one from, "The Butterjunk Effect"
800px-706-orgy.jpg

Ok, here's some more info.

The episode "Free Will Hunting" will see the crew revisit the robot home world from the Season 1 episode "Fear of a bot planet".

Are you talking about The Thief of Baghead? I've been seeing that title on the countdown to Futurama blog for a while now.

There was a David Cohen interview from around a year ago I think where it was called Benderazzi. I can't recall for sure so I could be wrong.

EDIT: A post of mine in this thread from last July has me give it the name Benderazzi since he compared it to Homerazzi but that was never the episode's actual name. Guess I just forgot though...

These puns have been pretty forced lately and they don't even rhyme or fit in smoothly - The Bots and the Bees? Yo Leela Leela? Tip of the Zoidberg? Law and Oracle? The Silence of the Clamps? But I've gotta say Thief of Baghead is much better than Benderazzi. Acting like "Papa" is interchangeable with the word "Bender" and thus a clever episode title is just...no.

There are two more episode titles floating around the web for next summers run but....not sure if actual names or just Wikipedia troll. ;)

"Leela and the Genestalk" and "Calculon 2.0"

Like I said, dunno if these are genuine...but given that we've had several other episode titles confirmed for next year, I wouldn't be surprised.

These puns have been pretty forced lately and they don't even rhyme or fit in smoothly - The Bots and the Bees? Yo Leela Leela? Tip of the Zoidberg? Law and Oracle? The Silence of the Clamps? But I've gotta say Thief of Baghead is much better than Benderazzi. Acting like "Papa" is interchangeable with the word "Bender" and thus a clever episode title is just...no.

I prefer Benderazzi honestly, but I don't know what Thief of Baghead as a title is a pun of so...

I just assumed it was a play on "The Thief of Baghdad" without knowing exactly what that movie? was. Maybe an even better written pun than oral pun - all you're changing is a d to an e.

Maybe Calculon 2.0 is based on  Calculon's death in "Baghead" tonight. I liked how they didn't automatically reverse it for status quo, especially because I could deal with never seeing Calculon again because he's not terribly interesting. Maybe they'll maintain a little continuity with him being dead until whatever this 2.0 situation arises. That is, if the title is legitimate. 

LIKE KING SOLOMON, I HAVE CUT THE THREAD IN HALF

which I should have done a long time ago, sorry
[MENTION=20302]Shaunbadia[/MENTION] now has the power to edit the first post

the old thread's here if you're wondering

I guess we could start some Season 7B speculation since we have some information for now.
Heres the currently known titles for the season:
Assie Come Home
Break on through to the Mother Side
Calculon 2.0
Forty Percent Leadbelly
Fry and Leela's Big Fling
Leela and the Genestalk
Meanwhile
Murder on the Planet Express
Stench and Stenchibility
T.: The Terrestrial
2-D Blacktop (episode 15)
The Inhuman Torch (episode 18)
Saturday Mouring Fun Pit (episode 26)

We also know we're gonna see Lrrr's son debut, an episode around Scuffy, returns of Dr. Banjo and Gunther, the status of Mars, the 3 part episode with 80's animation, and possibly Möbius strip clubs.

And here's a tweet I found on Peelified. "#Futurama @slurmed There's going to be a Nibllonian episode, and an Epic Fry and Leela episode, but the two are not necessarily related!"

We also know we're gonna see Lrrr's son debut,

it can work if they do it well

an episode around Scuffy,

Why?

returns of Dr. Banjo and Gunther,

A episode about genius monkeys?

the status of Mars,

I don't care about this but I am glad the writers have respect for the continuity

the 3 part episode with 80's animation,

Sound great, I love old animation

and possibly Möbius strip clubs.
What?

And here's a tweet I found on Peelified. "#Futurama @slurmed There's going to be a Nibllonian episode, and an Epic Fry and Leela episode, but the two are not necessarily related!"

waiting for the Fry and leela episode!

They are going to overkill Scruffy if they keep using him that much. Simmilar thing with the Hypno-Toad.

I guess it's kind of unavoidable, though. In a long series it may difficult to keep using cast characters in small doses forever. Although it happened with Hans Moleman in The Simpsons, for example. I'm actually undecided whether I liked Lenny and Carl better in small doses or when they took Barney's place as Homer's best friends.

And I know it's and old discussion but I'm fine with the titles. Some of the puns are a little forced but most of them are better than the ones in Simpsons modern era. At least they are not extremely long titles like "I Don't Wanna Know Why The Caged Bird Sings" or repetitions of the same puns to a point that it's difficult to remember which episode is which.

Also, I don't think any new title has been more forced than "The Bird-Bot Of Ice-Catraz" , so it's not totally a new thing.

Got Volume 7 just today. Here's some information from the commentaries and collections thanks to Peelified.

Calculon will have a one man show next season.
Floyd Farnsworth and Ben may appear if more episodes get ordered.
Mars was fixed with rocket boosters (probably by the Wongs), but it was cut for time.
Most season 7A scripts ran 20 to 30 pages longer than T.V. time allows for, so tons of good stuff got cut from every show.
Bender will again brush his ass with Fry's toothbrush.. but instead Fry actually notices. Leading to something wacky.
"Leela and the Genestalk" will reveal why Munda had arms in season 2 and tenticles in season 4.
Also if you enjoyed Zoidberg's dumpster scenes in 7ACV12, then you'll love 7ACV25.. the dumpster sounds pivotal in some way.
Calculon's grave was taken out of a shot in 7ACV07 b/c of an contitunity issue with his grave in "Calculon 2.0" so the name on the stone was changed to Roomba.

Crave online quotes from interview with David X. Cohen:

David X. Cohen: The fing-longer is coming back. You will be ecstatic to hear, again summer 2013, we have an episode called “The Inhuman Torch” where Bender becomes a heroic fire fighter. The professor will be using his fing-longer, which originally if you remember, it was just a crazy dream the professor had that someday he would create this invention, the fing-longer. But it exists now and it will be back next summer in real life. By real life I mean in the cartoon “Futurama.”

Saturday Morning Fun Pit: The third one is a military themed show. I’m just going to tell you the names of the three things. That will probably give it to you right there. The first one’s called “Bendy-Boo and the Mystery Crew.” The second one is called “Purpleberry Pond” and the third one is called “G.I. Zap.” So there you go. That title is worth 1000 words.

David X. Cohen: Next year is a strong crop of episodes. Speaking of technology I should say, we have an episode written by one of our science background writers, Ken Keeler, that is inspired by 3D printing technology. We had a 3D printer around the office for this whole year and we were printing little plastic gizmos. It was running basically all the time producing this crowd of toxic plastic smoke so if anyone asks where we get our ideas now I say from the toxic plastic fog.

It actually was consuming so much of our time that Ken Keeler went and wrote an episode about it so there is another new technology inspiring an episode. We’ve got a big, epic, huge Fry and Leila episode that I mentioned that spans many years and much romance and a lot of crazy sci-fi stuff too that’s number 26.

^There's little in the above post that I didn't like. Though I hope "The Inhuman Torch" isn't like your standard "Homer gets a new job" episode of The Simpsons. Oh, and I could give less of a crap about "Purpleberry Pond" which I assume is a Huckleberry Hound parody...I just never really watched that show.

I'm pretty sure the Purpleberry Pond segment was called by one of the writers as a parody of Strawberry Shortcake, but even then I'm not so sure of it. For Leela and the Genestalk, Its probably about Leela becoming more mutant as she gets older and might get tentacles too, instead of completely being for the sake of continuity errors.

I wrote most of that over at PEEL.

It's all lies.

Anyway "Genestalk" started out as an an original idea and Verone noticed that it would just so happen to explain continuity errors, those being Munda's radical arm change in early shows.

It sounded genius!

Last edited:
Fox Fast posted the Production order and episode titles for 7B. They might change later or be wrong, but they have been right on other shows Production Codes before, so here you go.

7ACV14 - Forty Percent Leadbelly
7ACV15 - 2-D Blacktop
7ACV16 - T.: The Terrestrial
7ACV17 - Fry And Leela's Big Fling
7ACV18 - The Inhuman Torch
7ACV19 - Saturday Morning Fun Pit
7ACV20 - Calculon 2.0
7ACV21 - Assie Come Home
7ACV22 - Leela And The Genestalk
7ACV23 - Game Of Tones
7ACV24 - Murder On The Planet Express
7ACV25 - Stench And Stenchibility
7ACV26 - Meanwhile

If this is actually correct, then I'm pretty sure Game of Tones replaced the titles Break Through the Mother Side and Amarutuf, though I'm suspecting it will change because Saturday Morning Fun Pit is for some reason episode 19 when the 3 parters have always aired as the finale episodes for each of the half seasons and I think one of the writers said it was the last episode at Comic Con. Though I do like the idea of a 2 parter for the Season finale.

And for a heads up, Comedy Central is renewing it's shows this month, so everyone please pray that Futurama's renewed for another Season and get the Volume 7 DVD if you haven't. I'd really like to see at least 1 more Season on Comedy Central before having it finally die.

Back