Rate and Review: "Lisa Goes Gaga" (PABF14)

• Thread starter Zombies Rise from the Sea
  • Start date

In the voice of Wheatley from Portal 2.

• Total voters
I would have thought having Lady Gaga prance around Lisa's house while making out with her mother would remind Lisa of the revolting image Lady Gaga teaches to our upcoming generation of young women and the huge success she receives from the majority of society for doing this. I honestly thought Lady Gaga would be Lisa's worst enemy for her Paris-Hilton-like portrayal of women. I was hoping Lisa would tear her apart, but apparently they have alot in common? *shrugs*

And that's my two cents...

After reading your comment I have thought about it and agree with you completely. I do feel that obviously it's a good thing to have self esteem but unlike Lady Gaga I feel this can be expressed with clothes on. Through intelligence and integrity, This would be how I think Lisa would also feel due to what we've seen in the MANY MANY episodes before this.

The episode was awesome and Homer was the only person who was brave enough to eat Lady Gaga's meat dress and I didn't expect Homer to cover "Poker Face" in the ending credits.

I doubt they could stoop that low, If they put Justin Beiber on Jedward would be next
I could see them trying to get Justin Beiber as a voice actor for one of the schoolkids but I doubt they (or much of their audience) know who Jedward are.

Currently on the Internet Movie Database this episode is the 4th lowest scored episode ever, ranked higher by only these three episodes:

The Greatest Story Ever D'ohed
Gump Roast
All Singing, All Dancing

The only reason why I gave this episode 1/5 is because not every episode here has the 0/5 option. If all episodes had that option I would've voted that instead.

Maybe starting with the season 24 premier, the 0/5 option should be on every new episodes rate and review.

Not only that, but the third episode is a prime candidate for the most universally panned episode.

neither of them's even that bad. perhaps Gump Roast is one of the worst of s13, if not the worst, but ASAD is a really good episode imo

With all the factors in the worst episode list above that make a shitty Simpsons episode, I think the worst Simpsons episode possible could be:

"Bart falls in love with Lady Gaga's adopted daughter "Little Gaga" while Homer and Marge are suffering through another Marriage Crisis because Homer's new job as Lady Gaga's bodyguard is making Marge think he's cheating on her. Meanwhile, Jacob (voiced by Sasha Baron Cohen)who has now been promoted to event cooridinator at the Israel Royal Concert hall, is upset Lady Gaga wants to perform there and Homer and the family have to travel, again, to Israel and Jacob has to be convinced, ala clipshow with footage from "Lisa goes Gaga and The greatest story ever doh'ed, that Gaga is a positive influence to sing over there.

Laughed out loud a few times; I despise Lady Gaga but that was lots of fun. 3.75 / 5.

It's pretty sad that the poll options are inherently rigged in order to trick people to vote 0/5. Speaking of that, why is it even an option? loDinosaur Simpsons episodes don't have that. Godamn, these special schools are all over me!

I shouldn't post crap ever again.

This further proves how immature and self-absorbed I really am. You people are amazing!

Last edited:
What a delight to have you back! Have you heard of Dead Homer Society? It's a place full of people just like you! You should check it out!

Absolutely horrid. I thought the newer episodes were getting a lot better, and I was getting my hopes up again, but then this happened.

It was just a poorly-executed excuse to have Lady Gaga as a guest star. I would have been fine with her being a guest star if it didn't take the whole damn episode. The last part especially made me cringe: they had a freaking advertisement for Ice Age #1234345 or whatever. An advertisement. An advertisement being shoved down my throat and being passed off as "funny" on an actual episode. Oh, no, the actual commercials in between segments weren't good enough, they had to explicitly animate a shameless advertisement on a show that I'd been watching since I was two.

With Lady Gaga, the Jean Administration has concluded that having intelligence and integrity are optional when you become popular enough to not care what other people think.
The viewer numbers suggest they don't have that luxury any more.

Finally saw this episode today, not so good & I do agree with the general consensus that's it was thinly veiled Gaga PR but I got a kick out of a few bits - the spotlight dancing robots, "Goodbye, Springfield. You were my Waterloo." "Yayyyy!!" and Gaga's flashing hoodie that said "GA GA! GA GA!" just because Hank Azaria's robot voice always makes me laugh.

On the flipside, the general, "golly, she's a great, fun-lovin' gal" vibe is somewhat similar to Homerpaloza, but I could roll with that because I'm a fan of 90s-era Smashing Pumpkins for life. And Homer kind of learned something and, in the end, the rock stars on the tour were actually kind of self-absorbed jerks. ("All we have is our legions of fans, our millions of dollars, and our youth".)

Still, did love the Waterloo / "GA GA" hoodie. Big laughs there.

[...] the spotlight dancing robots [...]
Actually that annoyed me because rather than lighting Lisa up, the back of her head got darker instead while the rest of the scene stayed the same. :rolleyes:
Combine that with the stuff like Nelson's failed headshake loop and I was a bit annoyed at the quality.

I recently stated that this episode is 4th worst according to imdb.com.

Now it is 2nd only to All Singing, All Dancing and I wouldn't be shocked if it dethrones ASAD as the lowest ranked episode according to that website. :lol:

I recently stated that this episode is 4th worst according to imdb.com.

Now it is 2nd only to All Singing, All Dancing and I wouldn't be shocked if it dethrones ASAD as the lowest ranked episode according to that website. :lol:

When I read this, I couldn't get the tune of "We're Sending our love Down a Well (ALL THE WAY DOWN!)" out of my head.

After re-watching 'Round Springfield the other night, I'm baffled at how awful Yeardley Smith's singing was in this episode. She was never a great singer, but her voice was a lot stronger and more consistent in 'Round Springfield. I don't know if it's the fault of Smith or if it's a sound editing issue. She was bad in The President Wore Pearls, too. The cynic in me wants to say that it's diminishing effort on her part.

Back