Rate and Review: "Lisa Goes Gaga" (PABF14)

• Thread starter Zombies Rise from the Sea
  • Start date

In the voice of Wheatley from Portal 2.

• Total voters
Z

Zombies Rise from the Sea

May 18th, 2011: Lisa Goes Gaga (PABF14) (Season Finale)
Lisa tries to make herself more popular by writing good things about herself on the school blog, but the plan backfires; Lisa helps Lady Gaga and learns the importance of being yourself.

You know what to do...

Zombies will be next to the TV, with Gaga figure in hand, hoping this doesn't tarnish her legacy...

EDIT: My poll choices would've been:

5/5: Lisa Goes Gaga...and with good cause!
4/5: Believe In yourself, and This Episode.
3/5: Meh, Eh, ehhhh.
2/5: Madonna Shuns Gaga
1/5: Fire the meat-dress seeking missile.

"Message boards are never wrong."

"Not so smart now, are you?"

The Twitter search for #GagaKissesMarge just shows the true idiocy of the current Simpsons fan.

"Please, can we kill the kid?"

What the hell was up with that short Maggie promo for Ice Age? Went by so fast I couldn't understand it.

Really helps the gag when he loudly announces "AH I'M UP THE WRONG TREE". Really would've been funnier without it.

Lisa's reaction change was so quick it threw me off guard.

"Why is she doing defeat what I do in victory?"

Slaughterhouse Express was an awesome joke.

Moe joke at the end was great, too.

Cute, kinda boring episode. 2.5/5. Moved to a three on the poll. Better than expected.

Oh, the pro-Gaga stuff was really un-nerving though.

i haven't seen worse. 0/5.

Last edited:
Seriously it wasn't so bad.

But two things :

1- Yeardley sings better than Gaga.
2- Moe is really dead?

I will make my review later in the evening.

2- Moe is really dead?
Continuity on the Simpsons?
1296376178830.jpg

I just can't believe how mastabatory it was.
It's like Al Jean ate GaGa's butthole out.. while they recorded her lines.

I loved it when Homer muff punched GaGa.. and when Beefsquatch raped her to death, that was the best.

I wrote that previous line just for Al Jean, since it reflects the quality of his work so well.

0/5.

It really was hard for me to watch this... and I did miss things.

Seriously, I will re-watch this one and give it a proper review.

Last edited:
This...wasn't that bad. I truly felt bad for Lisa, which is saying something, because it's tough to actually feel emotion for characters nowadays. When Gaga first appeared, it seemed terrible, but I got used to her, and she actually wasn't that bad. Plus, there were some good jokes, like Moe getting hit by the train at the end. Gaga kissing Marge was cringeworthy, but at least I was ready for it. I also think that the entire "psychic aura" angle was ridiculous. C'mon writers, really? I'm still not completely sure what exactly changed Lisa's mood so drastically, though. And what in the world was that Maggie promo?

3/5, can't wait till next season!

Last edited:
Don't care if I'm being "fair" or not, I voted 0.

So we are supposed to believe that every single one of the Simpsons characters like this freakshow Madonna-wannabe talentless hack? The moment I heard the line "Interscope Records presents Lady Gaga" I knew this was getting a 1 from me (or zero, as was conveniently available).

Meh. I gave it a three. It wasn't terrible, wasn't good, just okay. I agree, they really could've picked more fun at Gaga. They had a lot more opportunity to make fun of her, and I'm sure she would've done it if they had it in the script.

I would've probably liked this more if it wasn't the season finale, it certainly didn't make a good season finale. That being said, I do hope they get a big ratings spike. They need it.

I hated this episode. The whole psychic thing was bad enough in theory, but the execution was much worse. The fact that they did the psychic thing twice in the episode made it even more awful. Almost everything in the episode was cringeworthy for me: two poor musical numbers, the Moe gag, Marge-Gaga, etc. I tend to like the newer episodes more than most on this site, but this one was just bad for me. The only thing preventing me from giving it a 0 is the fact that I don't give zeros to any episode, so:

1/5

Why did everybody like Moe getting hit by the train? That joke was awful.

Save for a couple good jokes (best one was Homer attempting to cheer Lisa up with his dieting analogy), this was pretty bad. I didn't like how everybody was suddenly a Gaga fan, I didn't like the cheap ending (Lisa: WELL I THOUGHT IT OVER AND NOW I HAVE COMPLETELY CHANGED MY POINT OF VIEW, YAY HAPPY ENDING), I didn't like Homer spinning Lisa around 17 times (yeah okay, let's give Homer OCD, nothing else is working), and what the hell was that thing with Maggie at the end? Completely off the wall. If they were trying to make a callback to Everybody Loves Ned Flanders, they pretty much failed.

What I liked? Well, like I said, there were a few chuckle-worthy moments, and the beginning wasn't too bad. Otherwise, this is a perfect example of why I don't watch The Simpsons anymore. Just a mess. 2/5, and that's being generous for the beginning.

But this is not South Park, usually, when thew kill someone in The Simpsons, this person never come again (Maude flanders, Bleedin's Gums Murphy...) But now, I think it's not like this anymore. They kill Dr. Nick in the movie but he's still here.
Moe will emerge from the hospital with a bunch of broken bones or something in the season "24" (zombie season 14) premiere episode.

Yeah so apparently Maggie is gonna be in a 3d short before the new Madagascar I think? I assume they weren't joking there. I took it seriously anyway. Not enough to get me to watch that movie, but I'd like to see the short.

Since my standards were so low, I really liked it.

I haven't felt this bad for Lisa in a very long time. Atleast they managed to make Lady Gaga likeable, her voice sounded weird, but as she said herself, she doesn't do voice acting every day.

Overall, pretty funny episode. I'll give it 3.5/5... 4 on the poll.

If the point of this episode was to push the bile to the tip of my throat, mission accomplished!

Like I said, I kept a neutral opinion towards this episode, but even then, I was surprised by how much I hated this.

I mean, come on! For starters, Gaga can't voice act worth shit. Also, she has psychic powers AND she comes to town in a fancy train that shoots rainbows? What the FUCK? And at the end, we get treated to a song featuring Yeardley's horrible singing voice. But wait, there's more. Dan's horrible singing makes a cameo, too. 0/5 (F)

Second worst of the series behind D'oh-cial Network (at least this one had some laughs.)

Yeah so apparently Maggie is gonna be in a 3d short before the new Madagascar I think? I assume they weren't joking there. I took it seriously anyway. Not enough to get me to watch that movie, but I'd like to see the short.
It's nice to have that in context, anyway.

This really surprised me. The promos were weaker than weak, but the episode was pretty good. Some of the stuff was lame, (mostly the scenes focusing on Gaga, that horrible scene with Marge) but there were a lot of cool gags. I'll give it a B! Here's to a good Season 24!

Back