Rate and Review: "Lisa Goes Gaga" (PABF14)

• Thread starter Zombies Rise from the Sea
  • Start date

In the voice of Wheatley from Portal 2.

• Total voters
I like this episode a lot and a good way to end the season. Though it had its flaws, I found this episode to have some really funny jokes/scenes ( Moe getting hit by a train towards the end and Burns fainting from confetti) I also like Lady Gaga's guest appearance. I was actually shock to hear her real voice since I'm so used to hearing her singing voice. Rating: 4/5

I thought it was really good, but it had some flaws.

Wow. I finally watched this episode. Now ive seen them all up to THOH XXIII. I have to say this is the worst episode i have ever seen. Man it was horrible. I Kinda like some of Gaga's music and I still thought it sucked.

Excellent video [MENTION=41294]leprechaun_dan[/MENTION].

This review is going to be short. I have done a couple long reviews recently, but this will not be. Besides [MENTION=39560]Zombies Rise from the Sea[/MENTION] has already pinpointed everything wrong with this episode anyway. :D

It was bad. That's all I'm going to say. I gave it a 1/5. The only reason why I didn't give it 0/5 is because I smirked at the Just Stamp the Ticket man's line of "You idiots! She means WE should disperse!" Even then, he was much funnier in other episodes (like "When Flanders Failed", obviously)

See you guys in some other topic! :)

Edit: I just remembered, I was going to say this... There was something wrong with the tone in this episode. I didn't really like the tone of it.

Last edited:
When I first saw it, I thought that it was the worst episode ever, but I'm holding my breath until I see "Moe Goes From Rags To Riches".

A genuine contender for the worst episode in The Simpson's 23 year history. Truly the epitome of 21st century Simpsons, ruined by Scully's incompetence and Jean's madness/extreme incompetence. Not that it matters since the shark has been jumped so many times that it has prostate cancer, but surely Jean and his hack cronies of writers and producers aren't blind to what they're producing? It's beyond parody. An entire episode wanking over the celebrity image of Lady Gaga, Lady Gaga... 0/5, 0/10 F-

A genuine contender for the worst episode in The Simpson's 23 year history. Truly the epitome of 21st century Simpsons, ruined by Scully's incompetence and Jean's madness/extreme incompetence. Not that it matters since the shark has been jumped so many times that it has prostate cancer, but surely Jean and his hack cronies of writers and producers aren't blind to what they're producing? It's beyond parody. An entire episode wanking over the celebrity image of Lady Gaga, Lady Gaga... 0/5, 0/10 F-
A million thumbs down.

I like this episode a lot and a good way to end the season. Though it had its flaws, I found this episode to have some really funny jokes/scenes ( Moe getting hit by a train towards the end and Burns fainting from confetti) I also like Lady Gaga's guest appearance. I was actually shock to hear her real voice since I'm so used to hearing her singing voice. Rating: 4/5

Why.. Can't believe I gave this episode a 4/5 and said it was a good way to end season 23.... :oops:

Just rewatched it, and it was bad. Really bad. It did had some okay jokes, but that wasn't enough to save this lazy, poor, and pointless episode. What was the point of having Lady Gaga appear in this episode!? It was unnecessary and stupid. You could of taken her out or replace her and it would still feel the same. Oh wait,I forgot. Guest stars are the only way to get ratings!! I felt like I was watching one of those sitcoms on Nick with the random guest star, but instead of it being live action, it was animated. Also, that song Lisa sang with Gaga was terrible. Rating: 1/5

This is what the episode was reduce to
9mdvp8

Last edited:
I didn't see "Moe Goes From Rags to Riches" yet. It can't be that bad... can it?

Probably. (this one definitely was)
It's worse than Lisa Goes Gaga. At least it had a plot that one could follow along with (albeit a bad one). Moe Goes From Rags to Riches is just a mess by comparison and gets my vote for worst ep in the series.

Since that post, I did end up seeing "Moe Goes From Rags to Riches". For me, it's hard to say which I dislike the most: that one or "Lisa Goes Gaga"?

I haven't watched either in a while. Apparently I did watch "Moe Goes From Rags to Riches" before joining this forum. I can't remember if I saw it all, but after seeing it again I knew I didn't like it.

On that note, I think later today I will watch a Simpsons from one of the good seasons... like... 7. Yeah. Seven will do just fine.

Low-mid 3. Something I just wanted to write: When Gaga kissed Marge (stupid btw), I hated it how they popped the twitter hashtag #thesimpsons out. Don't tell us to tweet if that happened. Let us tweet and keep it on for the whole episode. Don't get all the hate for the episode. It's okay.

Even after months, I still have ambivalence towards this episode; this episode did have some poignant effects when Lisa was being taunted and bullied at, but like aforementioned much earlier, Homer's stupidity destroys the effects. What this episode fails at would be a major derail of the plot by Lady Gaga. By this I mean that Gaga is obviously receiving too much attention, defeating the purpose of Gaga helping Lisa as stated in the synopsis. This obviously directs a false commercialization notions by the fans-- I agree with this; unless major guest stars are put into use and proper development, their roles in an episode is really static and pointless.

While concentrating on Gaga, the writers are also forgetting that Lisa has Bart to support her. Bart even displayed a sympathetic face when looking at his depressed sister. The writers' false intentions have really dragged this episode quality down; it's a C, or a moderately high 2.

I'm also still ambivalent towards it. But I should have voted 2/5 . I thought the first half of the episode wasnt' that bad but 3/5 was too generous. The ending was pretty much terrible and the rest wasn't great to begin with, they could have got away with it if the ending were a lot more sarcastic.

Probably the only thing I like about this episode is the irony that Lady Gaga only helped Lisa because she annoyed Lisa to the point where she vented her frustration at her and not directly because of anything she did or said to Lisa. I hate this episode's focus on Lady Gaga, and I don't like the way she acts. She is ridiculously intrusive and demanding. And then there are all the ridiculous scenes with the rainbow smoke and psychic powers, etc. EDIT: I don't know what I was thinking when I gave this 2/10. I guess Lisa's initial dislike of Lady Gaga is the reason for that, but the ending completely ruins anything that might have been salvaged from this. 1/10

Last edited:
I don't even think this episode deserves a rating higher than 0.1.

I'm not joking either.

Last edited:
this episode legitimately pissed me off... it basically was a 30 minute advertisement for lady gaga and how 'kind', 'caring', and 'compassionate' the shemale is. its a tough choice between this episode and Rags for the all time least favorite, but at least after rags to riches I was simply bored. this one, not so much. worst episode ever

Back