Kevin Spencer

i can't stop listening to the season 8 theme though. i genuinely think it's catchy as fuck.

lmao, the liver just threatened him to get alcohol or else he was shutting down. Then a doctor appeared to give him the facts that you do need a liver to live. Wow.

the company is also contributed to making something called "how to make love to my wife" and "butch patterson: private dick". i see no results for the wife one, but butch patterson apparently had three seasons and is about "the seedy exploits of a self-described premature ejaculating, alcoholic, kleptomaniac, sexually deviant private detective played by Canadian actor/comedian Greg Lawrence". beautiful. just beautiful.

lmao, the liver just threatened him to get alcohol or else he was shutting down. Then a doctor appeared to give him the facts that you do need a liver to live. Wow.
and then everyone fucking blows up.

This shit is giving me new appreciation for modern Simpsons/Family Guy/ South Park etc... you name it.

Watching the first episode. Holy shit, this is The Room of bad animated shows. Insomnia, thanks so fucking much.

i still don't know why a fucking creepy looking talking duck follows them.

i probably won't ever find out either even if i watch every episode.

Apparently episode 8 season 1 was banned for being too violent and disgusting.

huh that's odd because i read the early episodes featured little swearing and were 14+ as opposed to the other seasons' 18+ rating.

This is taking from one of the threads, where some guy discusses the differences between the early and later seasons:

You are right, there is a difference. The first season was pure genius by Greg Lawrence. His narration and framing the show as a children's production replete with appropriate music were a great contrast to the dysfunction of the Spencers. What changed was a contest they held for animators following season 1. A real goof named Rick Kaulburs took over and began merciless self promotion of Kevin Spencer with him as the head writer. The animation changed and so did the stories. Just look at "Jump the Shark". Before, in season 1, swearing was implied, with Klauburs it was all swearing. Also the animation failed in trying to remain naive looking, but with the effects and use of Adobe Animator, it really detracted from the show.
The series is offered by express media (google them) and they offer an incomplete selection of all 8 years. The first year is missing many episodes such as "Magic Roy" and the one where Kevin got a job at a vet clinic, and he killed the kittens by running them over with a stolen car so he could sell the drugs to addicts. There are also others that are missing, including the pilot cartoon. What took their place on the DVD's is season 2 crap from Rick Klompers. The first season has 7 pristine Greg Lawrence productions, the rest are tainted by Rick Kowpie.
If you liked the 1st season, then get the first season of Butch Patterson, Private Dick. Pure genius in a film noir style, and no Rick Kockchute to mess things up. You can catch a bit of the pilot in the background of a bar scene.
Hey, I did a search and found pics of Rick Slobbers at a "hire me I'm unemployed" talent agency websites. Nice beard "pRick", I'm sure your prison wife likes the itchyness. Now get over there and suck your wife's dick!

edit: decided to bold my favorite part

apparently in the final episode everyone dies and it turns out the duck was imagining everything…

and that's just about all I ever need to know about this show

I'm not so much baffled that this exists, but baffled that it stayed on the air for 8 seasons, and on like, normal canadian TV.

Wow... I'm almost baffled on whether or not killing myself was going to be a bad idea. On the downside, I would have never seen this. On the upside, I would have never seen this.

Back