Where did you guys get your Simpsons DVDS?

sandurt

he he har har
Thought this would be interesting to tell where you guys got your Simpsons DVDS

Got mine at Goodwill Seasons 1-15 and 20 for only 48$! Which I thought was amazing for a deal 3$ for each season (Seasons 1-9 were brand new in the plastic so was 12-15 and 20. 10 and 11 were used but still in great condition)

Got 16-17 at a FYE for only 7 bucks each brand new one day.

Got 18 at Walmart for 22 bucks.

19 on Amazon.

I am pretty lucky to find the first 15 and 20 seasons on DVD what a lucky day. I still see 1-14 at Goodwills frequently for 3 dollars sometimes 5 dollars each.

So how did you guys get your DVDS? I'm interested in reading some!

Fred Meyer, Best Buy idk

haven’t bought one in like a decade. Think I only own seasons 1-10, the rest of what I care to watch I’ll use Disney+ for

Season 5 – Got at a Walmart in 2008 along with a few other TV show boxsets during a brief year I didn’t have cable. Bought it specifically for having the 100th episode on it, that was cool to me back then apparently.

Movie – Got around the same time as Season 5, don’t remember if it was before or after, think before. Was in a Grocery Outlet bin for 5-10 bucks, was surprised how cheap it looked.

Seasons 1-4, 6-8 – Got these used at FYE late 2012-early 2013, right after I first saw the entire classic era in syndication. Were about $10 each. Seasons 2 and 3 had some noticeable wear and tear, rest looked pretty much new.

Seasons 14, 15 – Saw these at Target $10 each December 2016 the day I went back home for holiday break, sounded cheap enough at the time I went ahead and got them. Haven’t even opened Season 15. Think I played Season 14 once to listen to one of the commentaries, then quickly put it back.

DVD’s are now currently melting away in the shed. I have no desire to collect physical media anymore to be honest, (TV shows, movies, even video games) even for something I like such as The Simpsons. They’re still nice collectibles and solid DVD sets, just doubt I’ll ever play any of them again.

I have all the seasons except for 18 and 19 (which I'm sure I will get eventually, if I spot a good bargain for them). I honestly have no idea where seasons 1-9 came from because my parents got them for me at various points and I was too young to remember or care. Got season 10 in Australia and seasons 11 and 12 in the US (which makes them hard to play here due to stupid region locking). Pretty sure all the seasons since that have either been gifts or I've purchased with my own money.

Season 1-7, 9 and 11-14 (normal boxing): At my nearest video shop
Season 8 (maggie boxing): Again, at my nearest video shop
Season 15-19: From amazon
Season 20: Not yet.

Mainly from Best Buy, up through something like season 15. After that, the local BBs didn't seem to have that many in stock on the release date, so I switched to Amazon.

Futurama, on the other hand, I first got season 1 from Amazon UK, as Fox was still in its "we need to wait until it runs something like eight years in syndication before releasing it on video" stage at the time. IIRC, the policy changed when somebody noticed that DVD sales of Single Female Lawyer-er, Ally McBeal in the US weren't hurting its syndication ratings.

Mostly at Walmart when they were available, Season 18 I had to get at Target because they didn't have that set at my local Walmart. I got Season 17 at Amazon when I had a free trial with Amazon Prime. When it was not available at Walmart, I used different options to get these sets.

My seasons 1-4 are actually Chinese bootlegs! Around 2012, i was having a major surgery so my mum bought the boxset at a random car boot sale. All of the DVD menus are in Chinese, the DVD's themselves have random images that have no relation to the episodes themselves and the hugeass box has many spelling errors. It's my most treasured Simpsons item i have.

Back