Season 28 Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
huh...
That's a good point actually...
Well, they'll think of something, probably. hopefully. if we're lucky.

A good vacation in Tijuana doesn't just wash trauma away, it's not that easy. It festers inside your mind and is still there after a shiny bit of happiness. Besides, one can get traumatized in Tijuana. Maybe he saw terrible things inside this hat

1283732.jpg

Making the kids be traumatized after Kamp Krusty even though Krusty made it up for them bigtime is such a horrendous idea and ruins what I think is one of the funniest episode endings. But that they also only will use it an excuse for another marriage crisis episode (WHY DO THEY THINK WE CARE ANYMORE???) is the worst thing of all. Could be one of the worst episodes of the season.

Michael Sheen and Lizzy Caplan play their romance-researching characters from Masters of Sex in an episode that’s actually a sequel to season 4’s “Kamp Krusty” and finds Bart messing up his parents’ sex life. “Bart comes back traumatized from the camp, and he has to sleep in Homer and Marge’s bed because he’s so upset,” explains Jean. “Homer discovers that by not having sex, he’s suddenly extremely active and successful, and he’s no longer interested, so Marge takes him to a clinic.” What do Homer and Marge learn from the researchers? “They say, ‘It’s always the kids. We tell this to every parent we meet: The kids are always to blame,’” says Jean. Oh, and this detail is rather perfect: “Moe is there for an anomaly study.”

12/10 material right there

latest

My expectactions were already low, but now... WOW. This season looks like it will be THE worst season ever.

A Pokemon Go episode? An episode where Bart messes up Homer and Marge's sex life? Magnus Carlsen comes to Springfield to save Homer and Grandpa's relationship? The one-hour rap musical?

Yep, this is gonna suck.

Who knows? Maybe they can squeeze some good jokes out of these RIDICULOUSLY stupid premises. But the chances of that are very, very low.

Last edited:
hush friends this will be the same quality wise as the last and the one before it

[MENTION=63566]Maurice Rodriguez[/MENTION] already pointed out on The Simpsons Park something I wanted to point out here and there: How can Bart be traumatized if he went to Tijuana with Krusty and spent a good vacation there before going back home?
I thought they were implying that this was supposed to be a second trip to the camp and that it had gotten back to being awful again and that's why Bart was now traumatized. The idea that this is suppose to be the same trip to Kamp Krusty from 20+ seasons ago never crossed my mind, and if that actually ends up being where their going with this, then this episode sounds even worse then before.

Well.
gents and ladies, after careful cosideration and reviewing of the premises of the episodes, I've found that there's only one thing I can say that fits with what my expectation of this season.
Lose all hope, ye who enter here!

Perhaps it's not as bad as we think it'll be. We already know Jean can't be bothered to effectively showrun most of the time. It's clear he's also terrible at selling the show and making it sound interesting. So perhaps these will actually be hilarious episodes that Al is just making sound worse than they are.

I still can't get over the fact that the "Lack of horniness" episode was Kamp Krustier.

You know something's wrong when the season premiere is one of the more promising episodes.

I still can't get over the fact that the "Lack of horniness" episode was Kamp Krustier.

You know something's wrong when the season premiere is one of the more promising episodes.
This is largely due to Pross & Gammill having one decent episode to their name in Hardly Kirk-ing and the foregone conclusion that this HAS to be better than the Season 27 premiere. Even with a silly premise like the town burning to the ground again, the Simpsons being the only ones to care about it and Burns inexplicably wanting to put on some kind of lame-ass revue show being the hooks. Along with being co-opted by a lame FOX marketing gimmick to stick Amy Schumer in every show tomorrow night even if the roles don't even suit her skill set.

You're right, though... this is one of the more promising episodes of the season. And I'll be shocked if I give it a rating higher than 2.5/5.

Last edited:

You know something’s wrong when a half-hour hip-hop musical is one of the more promising episodes.

You know something’s wrong when a travel episode involving candlepin bowling is one of the more promising episodes.

You know something’s wrong when a topical episode about Trump University that’s going to air after the election is one of the more promising episodes.

Last edited:
My expectactions were already low, but now... WOW. This season looks like it will be THE worst season ever.

A Pokemon Go episode? An episode where Bart messes up Homer and Marge's sex life? Magnus Carlsen comes to Springfield to save Homer and Grandpa's relationship? The one-hour rap musical?

Yep, this is gonna suck.

Yeah, for the most part, I am not looking forward to many of the episodes this season. "Kamp Krustier" is also going to just throw continuity out the window, it looks like. Not even the Treehouse of Horror looks like it'll be special or anything! More like "Treehouse of Disappointment."
The only thing I seem to be looking forward to is seeing how FOX Television Animation handles the Simpsons again, previously doing so on "The Simpsons Guy."

A good vacation in Tijuana doesn't just wash trauma away, it's not that easy. It festers inside your mind and is still there after a shiny bit of happiness. Besides, one can get traumatized in Tijuana. Maybe he saw terrible things inside this hat

1283732.jpg

You know, that could be possible. Bart may have had fun in Tijuana, but he won't be able to forget the horrors of Kamp Krusty before it. Maybe he could get affected when Lisa tells the parents how bad it was, or something.

l0MYF2Kv8pYHRuchO.gif

It's happening! Season 28 starts tonight!
Too bad, I have important work to do so I can't watch tonight's episode, but I'll catch up later on Simpsons World.

Good luck to anyone watching the new episode.

I'd actually got to watch the season premiere earlier tonight. It was pretty good. But I'd actually saw an animation error as I was watching the episode. A part with Krusty in the crowd was colored was colored wrong. For a few seconds his face was yellow and then turned back to white. I was actually surprised I'd noticed that while watching the episode.

As long as it's not just a number and it relates to the episode, I think it's fine for that thread. You don't have to write an essay or whatever

This thread isn't intended to be a general season 28 thread, its focus is more on information and speculation about upcoming episodes

[MENTION=73469]Corndog[/MENTION] DON'T quote posts that are directly above yours, mate.

Also note that if Fox airs the Presidential debate on 10/9, which will almost certainly start at 9:00 Eastern, then The Simpsons could be delayed in the west. It is possible that, if the debate ends at 10:30 Eastern, then Fox simply decides not to air in the west the repeat that aired at 7:00 in the east and instead goes straight to Bob's Burgers.
Attention, Pacific and Mountain Time Zone viewers
Based on various cities' TV listings, it appears that each Fox station in the Mountain and Pacific time zone is going to handle the 10/9 schedule differently.
The "consensus schedule" appears to be this:

Mountain:
6:00 - Simpsons "Halloween of Horror"
6:30 - new Bob's Burgers
7:00 - Debate
8:30 - Simpsons "The Town"
9:00 - Son of Zorn repeat of the season premiere that aired on 9/11

Pacific:
6:00 - Debate
7:30 - new Bob's Burgers
8:00 - Simpsons "The Town"
8:30 - Son of Zorn repeat of the season premiere that aired on 9/11
9:00 - Simpsons "Halloween or Horror"
9:30 - local program

However, Fox's Los Angeles and Denver stations currently show that they will air the entire Sunday lineup at their "normal" times, with "Halloween of Horror" at 6 Mountain / 7 Pacific, and the debate will air tape-delayed at 8 Mountain / 9 Pacific.

So basically the West Coast gets to see new Simpsons after East coast... As in hours later after east coast.
B/c new simpsons are shown 8/7c

I hope I said that correctly...

Still in the VABFs. The WABFs should start around November-ish, I think.

Season 27 still has a few holdovers left, and the premiere was one of them. We'll have to wait until the holdovers are dealt with.

I don't really care either way though. It will most likely look just as crappy.

So basically the West Coast gets to see new Simpsons after East coast... As in hours later after east coast.
B/c new simpsons are shown 8/7c

I hope I said that correctly...
Exactly - just like with pretty much every other show on TV. The Pacific time zone airs shows three hours after the Eastern time zone. (The Mountain time zone airs them one hour after Eastern.)
In fact, quite a few "live" shows (for example, Saturday Night Live) air on a three-hour delay in the west.
Also, most cable networks have "east coast" and "west coast" feeds that are three hours apart.

The Simpsons are on at 8 Eastern, 7 Central, 7 Mountain, and 8 Pacific.
It also appears to air at 8 in Hawaii (although other networks appear to air shows using the Central/Mountain times) and 7 in Alaska.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back