Is Lisa Goes Gaga still considered the worst episode ever?

Another thing both of you shared: the lack of comprehension of what it means to be put in another user's ignore list. I can't see your quotes unless I click on your posts (which I won't).

Oh right, I forgot, you're morons. My bad.

Great, ass hat has spun me into yet another argument that ruined a thread. I don't know why you haven't been banned. You're clearly just a trouble starter. An adult baby if you will. Never responding to you again, this is the last thread you'll ruin.

Another thing both of you shared: the lack of comprehension of what it means to be put in another user's ignore list. I can't see your quotes unless I click on your posts (which I won't).

Oh right, I forgot, you're morons. My bad.

Yes I am in your "Ignore list" yet simultaneously in your head rent free.

I am so important to you, you feel the need to both insult me and pretend you are ignoring me.

I didn't ruin this thread btw

you are the one that has a problem with people who like Lady Gaga and the episode of The Simpsons she guest starred in

as ive said before in more words, if you really think the gaga ep is worse than the musk ep, you're sus. thats the most base level on which this is clear cut to judge, it identifies alot of people's priorities and delusions and irrational dislikes.

more broadly, i really dont think the gaga ep does much thats notably worse than the average episode to episode sins the show commits to comedy and character and story and so on and so forth, but the vessel at the center made it way easier to notice because yes it does wind up one big ad. hardly the first or last or worst time tho.

And so another thread ruined by another argument. Lisa Goes Gaga is better than this, and I know it's cringeworthy, but I actually like her songs

(well, some of her old ones)

I'm not gonna read three full pages of this thread to see what people have said so far. I'm just gonna give my two cents: Lisa Goes Gaga is decidedly NOT the worst episode of the show. It's bad, of course it is, but it at least tells a story that starts at the beggining and is resolved at the end. And the thing is, the storytelling of modern Simpsons is so absolutley absymal that even managing that much is something that some episodes fail to do.

I don't even think it's as bad as "Co-Dependent's Day" or "On A Clear Day I Can't See My Sister".

For later, "Love is a Many Strangled Thing" and "3 Scenes Plus a Tag From a Marriage" are definitely worse.

I may have just listed my new bottom 5.

I have nothing against Lady Gaga, neither as a person nor her music (though I think her music is just okay). I just hate how poorly written and lazy the episode is. Barely any of the jokes are amusing, the so-called "empowerment" message is something I am not seeing, and it ends on one of the worst songs the show has ever done (I Am Lisa Simpson). Nothing about it works.

And great, another thread derailed by some trolling moron. This is really getting irritating at this point.

I tried to watch the musk ep few weeks ago and, well, it was a painfully transparent attempt at just servicing this guy's ego and honestly a terrible 20 minutes of television. i honestly cannot imagine the gaga ep is worse on the grounds that lady gaga isn't an insufferable little dweeb like musk

And as for the argument that anyone finding it worse than the Musk episode is being "sus(pect"), fuck off. Maybe the asskissing in this episode just happens to come off as more annoying, it has nothing to do with sexism or whatever you are trying to imply. I do find Musk a pretty awful person by the way, but I still find Lisa Goes Gaga even worse.

as ive said before in more words, if you really think the gaga ep is worse than the musk ep, you're sus. thats the most base level on which this is clear cut to judge, it identifies alot of people's priorities and delusions and irrational dislikes.

No, I think Lisa Goes Gaga is worse than The Musk Who Fell to Earth because I think the plot is weaker, the jokes are weaker, and the guest star is used in a worse manner. I’m pretty sure the vast majority of people who prefer the Musk episode simply think the quality of the episode itself is slightly better and have no inherent biases of sexism or whatever you’re trying to imply. I went into both episodes with an open mind, knowing nothing about either guest star. They were both subpar episodes. Musk was a little better. You need to stop looking so much into it.

I too think Musk was slightly better. It had a more interesting story and made me laugh more (albeit not by much)

I'm not gonna read three full pages of this thread to see what people have said so far. I'm just gonna give my two cents: Lisa Goes Gaga is decidedly NOT the worst episode of the show. It's bad, of course it is, but it at least tells a story that starts at the beggining and is resolved at the end. And the thing is, the storytelling of modern Simpsons is so absolutley absymal that even managing that much is something that some episodes fail to do.
You have a good point. I think Moe Goes From Rags To Riches might be even worse, because it doesn't even really have a story. It's just a bunch of random shit being narrated by a sentient rag. And for some reason there's a pointless subplot about Bart and Milhouse that has nothing to do with the main plot (if you can even call it that)

No, I think Lisa Goes Gaga is worse than The Musk Who Fell to Earth because I think the plot is weaker, the jokes are weaker, and the guest star is used in a worse manner. I’m pretty sure the vast majority of people who prefer the Musk episode simply think the quality of the episode itself is slightly better and have no inherent biases of sexism or whatever you’re trying to imply. I went into both episodes with an open mind, knowing nothing about either guest star. They were both subpar episodes. Musk was a little better. You need to stop looking so much into it.
“U need to stop looking so into it” he says on a Simpsons forum know for (at least in the past) dissecting every faucet of the show whether it’s its plot/characters or its societal impacts. I haven’t seen this ep but lady gaga is a saint compared to that scum fuck Elon Musk and I don’t the simps of now really took musk to task it would have EVER really.

Back