OldSchoolerSimpsons

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Okay I just saw 2 more episodes of season 7, and I guess they've kept it late that season to bring out the really good stuff. First I thought "We Love You Conrad" was a pretty good episode, probably one of the best so far in that season, although I think the only problem is it doesn't have much rewatch value. But then I watched "Three Kings" and holy shit it was funny, it is BY FAR the best one of season 7. I think I'd put it up there with "Brenda Q", "Back to the Pilot", "Thanksgiving" and "Brian's Play" in my top-5 episodes of the series so far (which is from the seasons I've seen fairly recently: 7 and 9-12). I remember season 8 had some good episodes too, I seem to recall most of them towards the end of the season, so I'm looking forward to watch those after.
    Yo, srry been a while since I responded. I would kinda agree about "Farmer Guy", maybe not one of the worst ever, but I recall the episode as a very messy one, just like most of season 11's episodes that aired in the second half of the season. Season 12's the same story imo, the episodes in the first half were better than the lousy run of episodes we've gotten in the last couple of months.
    Anyway I've started watching season 7 episodes lately, I'm almost done (last one I saw was "Stew-roids"), but I didn't find any episode "great" yet, most of them are mediocre with a few laughs. So what are your thoughts about that season (except the last few eps, cos i haven't seen them yet)?
    I wouldn't know. I didn't talk to chalmskin much when he was here so your guess is as good as mine.
    I agree. He is well opinionated and I do love to see his reasons for opinions, but he has heavy overreactions to "offense". It might be because Skylark was his best friend and I pushed D'ohmer's buttons at the wrong time.
    The thing is that cutaway gags, even if funny, just seem to be in the way if the story is interesting, but are very welcome if the episode doesn't have much of a story (like Foreign Affairs one). But I guess they're the trademark of the show, so I don't see them reducing them any time soon.
    And lol, this visitor messages thing's kinda annoying, I keep accidentally replying to you on my own page xD
    Too late, I actually JUST finished rewatching that one right haha (I saw all the s9 episodes last days except that one and the Star Wars one). But holy shit, it has some insane cutaways. The plots aren't that interesting maybe but the jokes are sure there.
    Probably gonna re-watch seasons 7 and 8 next, so I'm moving in reverse chronological order lol.
    Oh that was the Evil Stewie one, right, I forgot that was from that episode. That was really funny yeah, altho I'm not sure about that "Thriller" ending lol.
    The boxing episode is actually alright by me, although I admit the idea of Lois boxing is a bit far fetched. Foreign Affairs is the only one I haven't seen in long time so I can't remember that one, but I agree the other two you mentioned were quite boring. Some more boring ones from that season imo are the one where Carol marries Adam West, and the one where Meg has to take care of Joe and gets a crush on him.
    Haha, yea I love episodes like the kidney one, it just goes about nothing really, with Brian having to donate a kidney to Peter even though he's a dog lol. And I agree the AA episode was pretty good, one of the better ones from season 9 for sure, and Brian Scully wrote that one. I don't really have a favorite from season 9, I think there are about 4 or 5 episodes that are very good (the season opener is one of them), and there's some more good episodes too, but no real "great" one that stands out.
    Can't really say a favorite, because I didn't see seasons 1-8 in a long time, so I gotta rewatch those some time. From seasons 9-12, well it's probably a tie between "Back to the Pilot" and "Screams of Silence", both from season 10.
    I'm thinking about it. Lol I just don't know you very well yet and we're just starting to be friends so probably in the future.
    I also think season 11 was a decline, but I think season 12 is about the same or even further decline to be honest. But both seasons just have too many mediocre episodes overall, and re-used plots and gags. Could be a phase but I guess it's inevitable once a show goes on for more than a decade, we've seen it with The Simpsons too. Luckily there's still the occasional good episodes, for example I thought last year's "Brian's Play" had some really great moments.
    Hey OldSchooler, not much just haven't watched any Simpsons lately, it's usually a phase where I watch a billion episodes a day and then get tired of it and don't watch any for a while. Although atm I'm re-watching old Family Guy episodes, lol.
    I'll explain what's going on. When you see your name, a person is entering the word "you" in brackets, and it appears as the name of whoever is viewing it. Press "Reply with quote" on any of the posts that mention your name to see it.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back