Marvel Cinematic Universe/Marvel Studios thread

no my favorite movie is iron man3

I was talking about Far From Home, but whatever...

EDIT: Hang on! My quote was way above @cam's quote a moment ago, but now it vanished. What the fuck happened?

Last edited:
Anyway, guys, what do you think of the new Spider-Man film?

Spider-Man: Far From Home was quite good. Better than it's predecessor Homecoming IMO. Worked well as an epilogue to Avengers: Endgame and as a movie in itself.

Liked how it did some things new with the Europe setting, the action and the humor was nice (and the relationship stuff was handled pretty well) & I liked the take on Mysterio (for one thing the virtual reality hallucinations were pretty cool, especially that one scene where Spidey gets trapped in one);  surprised how they made a guy who's in reality wearing a mo-cap suit and a transparent glass bowl helmet threatening .

I also liked the penultimate end scene with JK Simmons back as J Jonah Jameson (no one can top his performance from the Raimi movies so I understand they got him back) and the stinger, which made things interesting; I wonder how they'll handle that in the next one.

Lastly, to follow up on my last post about Endgame, I will say that I did see it shortly afterwards and it was solid overall and almost everything I could have hoped for. I wish they had managed to work Captain Marvel into the film better and not just in the beginning and towards the end (I don't think they even mentioned her name so those who missed her solo film are bound to be a little confused) but other than that it was very enjoyable and a good finale of sorts, not perfect but very good and one big love letter to the fans, especially with that battle.

Yep. It’s bad. Everyone is angry and now people have started petitions and are using the hashtag “#BoycottSony”. Some people are even going beyond that by threatening to boycott the PS4. Plus Jeremy Renner asked Sony to bring back Spider-Man. Come on people. Let’s save Spider-Man from impending doom.

#BoycottSony

Spider-verse is superior to anything from the mcu and proves that sony doesn't need them

#StandWithSony

This Sony thing feels a litte confusing. At first they say they say that Sony breaks the ties with Marvel Studios and the MCU, then Sony say that it's a misunderstanding and that it's Disney's decision to drop Feige's affiliation with Sony (and that Sony possibly, maybe has no intention of removing the character from the MCU), then the first things is said and then theres words on an possible upcoming deal. What a mess.

But anyway, I don't really feel any outrage or a pressing need to jump onto the #BoycottSony bandwagon. Sure, it's a shame if Spidey has go from the MCU (especially with how Marvel Studios helped them save the character after the mistake that was Amazing Spider-Man 2), but with how much of a financial sucess Spider-Verse, Venom and Far From Home were and how Disney wants half of the cut despite only being lent the character rights I can understand why, though I do feel it's an arrogant mistake. Still, I'm not angry about it and think a lot of the online backlash is way too harsh, though I'd side with the skeptics.

Maybe Sony has the ability to produce good Spider-Man movies on their own (which Spider-Verse proved as it's probably my favorite of them so far), but if they don't I can see them come crawling back to the cross and asking to be let back into the MCU game again. If not, I'm guessing Disney will have to buy the film rights from Sony (they already have the TV rights already, which cost Sony 'The Spectacular Spider-Man' which is usually considered the best animated show about the character).

The development of this will certainly be interesting.

Last edited:
This Sony thing feels a litte confusion. At first they say they say that Sony breaks the ties with Marvel Studios and the MCU, then Sony say that it's a misunderstanding and that it's Disney's decision to drop Feige's affiliation with Sony (and that Sony possibly, maybe has no intention of removing the character from the MCU), then the first things is said and then theres words on and possible upcoming deal. What a mess.

But anyway, I don't really feel any outrage or a pressing need to jump onto the #BoycottSony bandwagon. Sure, it's a shame if Spidey has go from the MCU (especially with how Marvel Studios helped them save the character after the mistake that was Amazing Spider-Man 2), but with how much of a financial sucess Spider-Verse, Venom and Far From Home were and how Disney wants half of the cut despite only being lent the character rights I can understand why, though I do feel it's an arrogant mistake. Still, I'm not angry about it and think a lot of the online backlash is way too harsh, though I'd side with the skeptics.

Maybe Sony has the ability to produce good Spider-Man movies on their own (which Spider-Verse proved as it's probably my favorite of them so far), but if they can I can see them come crawling back to the cross and asking to be let back into the MCU game again. If not, I'm guessing Disney will have to open they wallets and spend to buy the film rights (they already have the TV rights already, which cost Sony 'The Spectacular Spider-Man' which is usually considered the best animated show about the character).

The development of this will certainly be interesting.

Yep. But I hope Spider-Man properly returns to the MCU instead of being demoted to being a TV show character.

Agreed, [MENTION=17229]CousinMerl[/MENTION]. This whole situation is just really confusing!

I wish Sony would just get their shit together and work on the third MCU Spider-Man film with Marvel Studios.

But yeah, it sucks that Kevin Fiege won't work on the Spider-Man films anymore. I hope the studio is still planning on producing these films (considering the success of Into the Spider-Verse). Before Homecoming, they made plenty of good films by themselves (even though The Amazing Spider-Man films were pretty lame) and I hope they continue doing those in the future... especially with Sony's Marvel Universe in the way.

I think it's pretty clear disney leaked this during negotiations so that the fan outrage forces congress to pass emergency legislation saying only disney is allowed to make movies

J.K. Simmons was best as J. Jonah Jameson on the Simpsons, always wanted some poems about Spiderman

Don’t worry! We can boycott Sony and the PS4 to save Spidey! In fact, I have an idea! Let’s boycott Sony’s Marvel Universe and any sequels or spin-offs to Into the Spider-Verse! That’ll teach Sony not to mess with Marvel!
Isn't it Marvel that supposedly caused all this shit by trying to eat into Sony's part of the deal because they're greedy assholes? But yeah sure, this is somehow Sony's fault.

And ITSV is one of the greatest superhero films ever made, don't @ me

Back