New York/ New Jersey

B

BartSimpson

I know not many of you are from NY or NJ, but here we can post any findings or sightings of figures in the area.

I have a feeling the exclusives at the Somerville TRU are getting gobbled up by employees...they never know when they are coming, yet say that they go out immediately when they do get them. I've been there pretty much daily for the last month, nary a Treehouse. At least I heard reports of them being on the shelf at the Lawrenceville TRU...and another one in PA's manager told me when they would be coming & offered to put one aside for me. Grrr. Anyone finds one in NJ, snag one for me, I'll reimburse + shipping...I'll do the same if I find any, if anyone else wants to be in on it.

:marge: :bart: :lisa: :maggie:

Hey guys, I was just at the TRU in the Blue Star Shoppoing Center last night and they had a whole bunch of series 5's in a bin, they weren't moving too fast.

But I agree, the SOmerville TRU has employees that have been grabbing the sets. Just look at those punks, you know they're selling to scalpers. I plan on speaking to the manager when I go next week.

As for the Blue Star TRU, their employees are clueless. I called for the THOH2 and they said it would be in Oct 14th. I went on the 14th and not only did they not have any, but they didn't have a clue why anyone told me they'd be in that day. So as I walked around, sulking, I looked up at the above shelf stock, and there were all the new playsets stacked up high, but not displyed for people to buy. I already had mine, but if I didn't, I would be furious, they were basically hidden!!! I might talk to their manager too.

If I find any of the X-Mas set, I'll buy a bunch and sell them here. I've also got an email address set up just for this forum so people can email me if they have any to offer or if I get any, feel free to write.

Gather99@hotmail.com

I'll keep my ears and eyes open. BTW, on simpsoncollectors.com, they have a shipping chart that says which TRU warehouses have gotten their X-Mas sets, NJ hasn't gotten theirs yet, it's not even en route. Feel free to check it out, maybe it'll increase our chances.

Thanks guys!

mscape

paramus

how far you from paramus, nj? they still have some....you can call 2018455695, use option 3 to check availability, and then choose to order through the store AS LONG AS YOU PICK IT UP....I did that but am finding difficulty getting the 2 hour time slot to make the drive...

they only carry TRU exclusive stuff, though....

mscape, i e-mailed you....

WOW, thanks a lot Milpool! I might look into that. Paramus is about two hours from me too, but I'm making the trip up to Boston soon, and it's right on the way.

Appreciate your help, and I'll look into it for the XMas set as well.

Thanks Milpool...it's probably about an hour and a half from me, if I get the promised day off, I may actually be able to do it. Thankfully, I already have a THOH2, but I will check for the Christmas set.

Hey Fenfool,

If you get there before me, and see them, try to get me a couple. I'll pay you of course.

Thank you.

i wonder if it will be the same with the christmas set?

NJ help!!!!

Hi,

Im new to this message board but im look for some allicances, im in union county and i frquent the Union and Elizabeth TRU. I have been having decent luck with the tree houses but i still need the christmas set, so if anyone want to unite for a greater good e-mail me or leave a message on this thread...

thanx and looking forward to working with some of u people

Pedro

godlike,

I'm with you, if I can find any Christmas sets (not that I've found ANYTHING at the Somerville TRU, but I have a friend near some in PA who has had at least some luck), I'll see what I can do to pick up a couple extra for distribution to this group (so far Mscape & you, and perhaps Milpool?). If you do see another THOH2 set, let me know.

-fenfool

That would b good if we could cover every TRU in New York and New Jerset

Join the team Godlike.

I've also got a friend in VA whose looking, so that helps a lot and my girlfriend's family lives in MA, so I occasionally pop up there. This weekend I'm heading to the new TRU in NYC, the Times Square one...you'd think they might have something, but I don't have a good feeling about it.

I'll let everyone know. Thank you.

Treehouse

Hey,

i got an x-tra treehouse of horror on my hands ....the box is not in the best shape but i know some of you guys open them up....so if anyone wants to trade for something...i have ever figure so far all i need right now is the christmas set and radioactive man and fallout boy, if someone wants to trade or buy it off me ...leave a post i'll get back to you

Pedro

I called the Paramus store today and the Option 3 transferred me to the EZEXPRESS line...I was able to order a couple THOH2s but have not received a phone call back...I think I might try to drive down there this weekend..Maybe the 3 NYers near it should link up! LOL

Series 6

I know this isn't technically a buy/sell area, but I figured I'd come here first.

I have an entire set of series six for sale. I want to sell these as a set, but am willing to break it up if absolutely necessary.

These figures are mint in package and never been displayed. I over-ordered from a website and now have too many.

Email gather99@hotmail.com if you are interested.

Thank you.

thoh2

According to EZEXPRESS, we cannot ORDER exclusive items to be picked up (like I was originally told) but can ONLY CHECK ON AVAILABILITY...Thus, I could not pre-order THOIH2s to the Paramus store for pickup....Maybe if I can allocate the time for the drive I can just check out Paramus...If you are near there, drive in and grab a few for the "team"... This does not bode well for the X-mas set...WE will only be able to check and see where it is...Damn collecting..

Well it sees that the X-Mas set is enroute to the NJ warehouse. PLus I read that the distribution will be based on the performance of THOH2. So if the TRU had lots of THOH2 and they sat on the shelf for a while, they will get less XMAS sets, and vice versa, so maybe that will be good for those TRU's that seemed to only get three or four.

Plus, TRU employees are not allowed to buy and then sell on ebay. If you hear anything about that, you can tell a manager and they will be fired. Some were already fired for selling THOH2's.

Just some info I thought would help, it made me feel better, even if just for a little while.

mscape

MSCAPE....Thanks for the information...I am going to e-mail you...

We definitely need to get the buy/sell/trade teams going them to search together. I will most definitely take a vacation day to drive to Paramus to get some sets (will bring friends in case there are purchase limits this time) when X-mas gets there...I just checked and as of 9pm tonite they are not there yet!

Been to Somerville, daily, nothing. They do have the Church & Arcade playsets if anyone needs them...no figures though.

If Amazon is to be believed, I ordered & had confirmed a THOH2 playset through them, before they ran out.

If anyone is looking for Series 6 figures, I have an entire set for sale for sale for $40 plus shipping (probably only $6 or $7).

Email me at gather99@hotmail.com if interested.

And I went to two TRU between yesterday and today, no X-Mas set.

Actually BartSimpson, my post was in response to fenfool who couldn't find any figures. As I understood it, this thread was for NY/NJ people who were going to help each other out in terms of finding figures and exclusive sets, that's all I was doing.

Back