Family Guy and other animated shows (besides The Simpsons) in syndication

dave2009

Pin Pal
This is a breakoff from the Simpsons in Syndication thread.

This is about Family Guy and other animated shows besides The Simpsons in local broadcast syndication. In my area, My49 used to air TS at 6:00 and then KOTH (King of the Hill) at 6:30. At 11:00 they would air FG and AD (American Dad) back to back. They would air again at 1:00am. These are the animated shows that don't air on local stations anymore:

King of the Hill (2001-2019)
South Park (2005-2013)
Futurama (2011-2014)
American Dad (2010-2019)
The Cleveland Show (2013-2019)

The Simpsons, Family Guy and Bob's Burgers still air in syndication. Feel free to share your thoughts and experiences with these shows airing on local TV.

Example: If you lived in Cleveland in 2011, FOX 8 (WJW) would air KOTH at 4am.

Last edited:
WUAB used to air Family Guy and The Simpsons back in the day. They still air them along with Bob's Burgers. However, they only air The Simpsons on Saturdays 1-2am and Sundays 4-5pm, last time I checked. They air FG and BB Monday-Saturday. WUAB was formerly a MyNetworkTV affiliate, but is now a CW affiliate after the original CW affiliate for Cleveland, WBNX, became an independent station. I think I remember someone either from NHC or somewhere else saying the FOX affiliate in Cleveland, WJW, aired The Cleveland Show at 3:30am back when it was in syndication. I don't know if that's true or not. If not, maybe it aired on WUAB or something. And according to the Broadcast Syndication Wiki, it appears that TS aired on WOIO, Cleveland's CBS affiliation (weird...), but that's probably fake. Woah, I just typed a bunch of words here. That's pretty surprising.

I guess everyone hates my thread! :mad: Might as well take it down, then!

EDIT: I guess I'll give it another chance. Anyone joining the party?

Yay or nay?

Last edited:
I'm not sure
That's alright. I understand.

I'm glad someone finally decided to reply to my thread. I wonder why no one is posting anything on here. Do they really hate my thread that much? Or is everything just slow? I'm not being a jerk or anything. I'm just saying.

Now, lighten up, my boy. Everything's probably really slow around here. Nobody cares about your hissy fits. You're gonna wait your time.

Now, lighten up, my boy. Everything's probably really slow around here. Nobody cares about your hissy fits. You're gonna wait your time.
Okay, okay. What's up with some of these shows airing so late? Like 2 AM or something.

However, sometimes new episodes would air in West Coast about three hours later after they first aired in East Coast the same night

In my area, FG and BB air from 2-4am on FOX.

My area also aired Cleveland Show at 11pm on MyNetworkTV while FG and AD were moved to 10pm. I'm not sure if Cleveland Show aired 2 episodes or 1 episode. TS and KOTH were also moved to 5pm.

KCRG (ABC) used to air FG, but its time slot is unknown.

KDNL ABC 30 used to air TS at 2:05am but they replaced it with Modern Family.

In my area, last I checked there were Family Guy repeats around 2 AM - 3 AM late at night. Now, I’m not so sure, but this was last year when I saw these FG reruns, along with a repeat of FOX-turned-ABC-show 9-1-1 from 1 AM to 2 AM I think.

In my area, last I checked there were Family Guy repeats around 2 AM - 3 AM late at night. Now, I’m not so sure, but this was last year when I saw these FG reruns, along with a repeat of FOX-turned-ABC-show 9-1-1 from 1 AM to 2 AM I think.
See? This is what I'm talking about! Family Guy at 2 AM. Heck, WPSG in Philadelphia (formerly CW, now Independent) airs it at 4 AM - 5 AM followed by Bob's Burgers at 5 AM - 6 AM. Are they trying to compete against Adult Swim?!

See? This is what I'm talking about! Family Guy at 2 AM. Heck, WPSG in Philadelphia (formerly CW, now Independent) airs it at 4 AM - 5 AM followed by Bob's Burgers at 5 AM - 6 AM. Are they trying to compete against Adult Swim?!
Maybe they are, hence why it’s the animated comedies to air in the middle of late night instead of the hour-long shows that FOX also has.

@FanofSimpsons Do you recall the following shows airing in your area?

South Park (2005-2013)
Futurama (2011-2014) (weekends only)
American Dad (2010-2019)

If not, I understand.

I doubt it would happen for The Great North, Duncanville, HouseBroken, Krapopolis and Grimsburg someday in the future yet. Yes, I already know that Duncanville and HouseBroken are already cancelled

I doubt it would happen for The Great North, Duncanville, HouseBroken, Krapopolis and Grimsburg someday in the future yet. Yes, I already know that Duncanville and HouseBroken are already cancelled
Wait a minute, HouseBroken isn't cancelled yet.

@FanofSimpsons Do you recall the following shows airing in your area?

South Park (2005-2013)
American Dad (2010-2019)

If not, I understand.
KOTH and AD, I only saw through Adult Swim. The others, I haven’t seen airing in my area.

While Futurama was in syndication, it was aired only on weekends. I never watched it back in 2011 because I kinda wasn't into that kind of stuff yet. I remember it airing on WCIU (The U in Chicago, Illinois) on Saturdays at 10 and 10:30pm along with FG and AD as part of The U'z Toons.

Here was the schedule:

7 - Family Guy
7:30 - Family Guy
8 - American Dad
8:30 - American Dad
9 - Family Guy
9:30 - American Dad
10 - Futurama
10:30 - Futurama
11 - American Dad
11:30 - American Dad
12 - Family Guy*
12:30 - Family Guy*

* I'm assuming FG aired again 12-1 AM because the website I went onto didn't show the full schedule.

@HomerFan1998 Do YOU recall any of these shows airing in syndication in your area?

South Park (2005-2013)
American Dad (2010-2019)

If you don't, I can deal with it. No worries. :thumbsup:

I don't know really
:mad: YOU KNOW WHAT?! IF YOU'RE REALLY GONNA PLAY THESE GAMES WITH ME NOT KNOWING WHERE YOU LIVE, THEN I'M GUESSING YOU DON'T KNOW SH:bart:T!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry I went off there, I just think you don't remember anything from the past few years. Now I feel really bad for what I said. :ashamed:

Back