Recent content by CousinMerl

1. CousinMerl

"Welcome to the world of tomorrow !" aka I rate and review Futurama

I've gotten so used to you thumbing up my thoughts onn each episode so since my above writing on Butterjunk didn't get any, I at first assumed you disagreed with me :lol: I didn't think of it that way before either, but seeing it now it just felt liek more of that crass lazy gender humor that...
  2. CousinMerl

A BIG Happy Birthday to you, B-Boy, you wonderful user! [IMG] Have a great one. You've added...

A BIG Happy Birthday to you, B-Boy, you wonderful user! Have a great one. You've added lots of goodness and enjoyment to discussions over the years. Keep it up!
  3. CousinMerl

Season 35 Information Thread

That's probably the most pixelated promo image for a new episode of the show I've seen in a long, long time. Didn't think they'd find ways to compress an image like that in this day and age, but they did it :lol:
  4. CousinMerl

Owen's Random Anime Episode Reviews!

Just wanted to say that I moved this to Animated Discussion since, well, anime is animation so this is a better fit here. Carry on with this project.
  5. CousinMerl

"Welcome to the world of tomorrow !" aka I rate and review Futurama

I promise that these thoughts will have no hanky-panky so no need for separate reviews Okay, so 'The Butterjunk Effect' is an episode that I never really enjoyed. I mean, it's got its moments and some really good jokes/gags plus I do think there's some good ideas and concepts, such as the...
  6. CousinMerl

Al Jean confirms talks with Disney+ about a new movie

It's like once every six months or a year, there's some rumblings of a The Simpsons Movie 2 happening but nothing materializes in the end so these talks essentially means nothing and are technically pointless in a sense. And why should this be any different? Much like how there's some news...
  7. CousinMerl

Hailey's On It!

Okay, next to last episodes, here we go! No spoiler tagging as usual here. The Biggest Luger Oh now I get what @John95 meant when he said this was gonna address something I had been wondering about. Not gonna lie, this was not so bad at all. Premise of Scott getting selected for a luge...
  8. CousinMerl

Hailey's On It!

This image gives me much nourishment. Based Hailey :aww:
  9. CousinMerl

Meta Analysis and Narrative Infrastructure Thread

Absolutely. I don't think you're jumping into a full on ego conclusion either, but yeah, just wanted it said that I don't agree with anyone thinking it's all about his ego. I mean, like I said, it definitely could be in part due to Jean's ego he's picking these episodes that he's been involved...
  10. CousinMerl

Well, yeah, obviously it is oddly conspicious (and I argue suspicous as well) that he picks his episodes he (and his wife, for one episode) was heavily involved in, but still, I think you're interpreting me too literally, as I wasn't saying anything about this not having to do with Jean's ego...
  11. CousinMerl

Craig Of The Creek

It's really strange they are really going for that "new season" angle when still being in season 5, so I do have to wonder if they are aiming to rebrand this final story arc with the sleepover as Season 6 (but maybe it's still just a big mistake on their part).
  12. CousinMerl

Season 35 Information Thread

So Jean plans ahead for 1,000 episodes, meaning some 45 seasons? Why does that in a way sound like a threat? :lawl: (Oh well, at least I hope that by the time they reach 40 seasons, Jean will have handed over the reins to Selman, Kelley & Co).
  13. CousinMerl

No matter how someone view an episode like 'Simpsoncali', I think the fact that Jean view it as one of the essential episode is clearly due to a bias of an episode he was heavily involved in (which is an easy thing to do especially in terms of being proud of your work) and should be taken with a...
  14. CousinMerl

Rate & Review: "May the 12th Be With You"

I suppose it would be kinda funny in a way. And it's obvious you didn't aim for a ban, but it can be construed as you had that in mind. But anyhow, let's limit ourselves to being the right kind & right amount of silly and ribbing in this thread and try to stay on target.
  15. CousinMerl

Hailey's On It!

If season 1 still look to be the only season of the show, that last bit of that theme song takeover will be somewhat ironic... Still, kind of a fun alternate version of the theme. Even though the show haven't been much as of late, I do want to see the final ones.
Back