Recent content by CousinMerl

1. CousinMerl

Are there any Classic Era Episodes you feel like don't get enough love?

I think a lot of people are reading way too hard into the "Simpson gene" thing. I mean, I personally think it was kind of obvious we weren't to take it at that much face value or even interpret it all too seriously (in a way that completely rewrites and ruins canon or lore). Still, I get why...
  2. CousinMerl

Favourite Line Deliveries?

'Summer Of 4 Ft. 2' have a lot of amazing ones, both funny (such as Homer & "the dud" & "sweet merciful crap!") and dramatic (Lisa's quiet outburst at Bart at the dinner table is definitely one of the greats). Top notch episode.
  3. CousinMerl

TV Themes Showdown IV

That is too bad to hear. I had hoped that you'd eventually return to do another one of these (maybe for movie themes). Will be voting on the new round soon enough.
  4. CousinMerl

Meta Analysis and Narrative Infrastructure Thread

I'm guessing the fact they never took advantage of the antagonistic relationship between Marge and Helen stem out of the staff being too content wth having the two be simple adversaries, with Helen being there to annoy Marge with some jabs, criticisms and the odd pot shots and Marge being...
  5. CousinMerl

"Welcome to the world of tomorrow !" aka I rate and review Futurama

I like physics, but I love Futurama. So yeah, 'Reincarnation' is a good fun and actually kinda creative. While I do like Anthology Of Interest I & II, I'm still a lot less fond of the anthology episodes of the CC era as they usually felt more forced and a lot less creative for the most part...
  6. CousinMerl

The Lisa Simpson Variety Half-Hour Would be an interesting one-off episode for real, tho. Ah, then I perfectly understand. It was an older post, but I'm sure it still checks out. Now I see what you mean. In which case I must be clear that I never meant that the reason he has been less in...
  7. CousinMerl

Best songs from TV animation

I think I should give a shoutout to 'Tangled: The Series' (a.k.a 'Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure') for its selection of high quality songwriting and song performances as it is another modern era show that did really well in terms of songs, having a considerable selection of really good ones...
  8. CousinMerl

TV Themes Showdown IV

Oof! And my nominations this time even lost with the exact same scoring (8 points vs. 5 points)! Aint that the darndest thing...
  9. CousinMerl

Yeah, can see that probably isn't the case as other characters do get episodes. Lisa is cool and all, but Not sure if I'm looking forward to the day when you take over the reins and transform 'The Simpsons' into 'The Lisa Simpson Variety Half-Hour' :lawl: I don't even remember making that...
  10. CousinMerl

I think 'Summer Of 4 Ft. 2' will remain safe, as it is one oft hose "evergreen" episodes that don't really have anything that stands out a something that people would latch onto and hate (Not even the sibling conflict of Bart & Lisa, as it clearly was bart's fault and he apologized and made...
  11. CousinMerl

Well yes, it is a well told story with a lot of depth and meaning, but I still think it is important to note, acknowledge and understand why it has gotten more critics with time (and some never really loved to begin with, also).
  12. CousinMerl

I think this may be one reason why more have been turning against 'Lisa The Simpson' with time, now that I think of it. Back when it premiered, this metatextual way of how they did the story was more novel, but as time has passed (and especially nowadays), metafiction and metafictionality...
  13. CousinMerl

I think 'Lisa The Simpson' has gotten plenty of love (such as on these boards) so I don't think it suffers from a lack of love, per se. I absolutely understand why some don't like it much and speaking of which, much like 'My Sister My Sitter' (which is one I feel doesn't get enough love) it...
  14. CousinMerl

Best songs from TV animation

Right from the top of my head, 'The Ghost And Molly McGee' comes to my mind as a recent show with lots of good-to-excellent songs. I know the OP doesn't like and/or care for modern cartoon and music, but I (as well as some others around) thought this one was really something else when it came...
  15. CousinMerl

When does the Al Jean era turn awful & predictable?

Season 17 usually tend to end up at or around the bottom when fans rank the seasons (including the HD era) & knowing why exactly that is, I can understand it, but at the same time I think it is kinda overhated in a sense as it does have a bunch of pretty good episodes. Which brings me to @I...
Back