How much will Season 2 DVD cost?

I've read that the season 2 DVD will most likely come out in march or april. I also read that the next DVD's will cost more than the first one because they will have more episodes. How much more will they cost? $40 is enough as it is. I hope they aren't too much more. Has anybody heard of anything? If not, how much would you guess?

I would guess around $35.00 and up since there are more episodes than the first season. I guess we will have to wait and see.....

I hope the rest of the DVD's don't get too expensive. The first one is awesome. I love listening to the commentaries. Especially the unaired crappy episode. Listening to everyone moan and groan is so funny. One of them even walks out of the recording. Classic.

Fox are gonna screw us like thier screwing the Buffy, Angle and X files fans on thr cost of DVD's.......................

£70.00 here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I doubt they will go over 50, actually. With Buffy, X-Files, etc, they cant guarantee as many sales as they can with Simpsons. Simpsons is more likely to sell to casual fans as well as hardcore fans than the other shows are, and it makes sense to moderate the price in order to keep the masses interested. With the other shows (and I agree that Fox is screwing the fans of those shows over), they can charge more because there is only a small amount of people who will buy them and many of them are dedicated enough to spend a lot on them. If they did the same with Simpsons, they could probably sell expensive sets to the hardcore fans as usual, but unlike with the other shows, Simpsons has not so hardcore fans to back on, so it makes sense to moderate the price and keep even the casual fans happy.

Hans Mattman said:
Fox are gonna screw us like thier screwing the Buffy, Angle and X files fans on thr cost of DVD's.......................

£70.00 here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think Fox screwed with Buffy, Angel or X-files fans. £70.00 is a reasonable price for atleast 15 hours of show. Then there were the extras, audio-commentaries and the fact that you owned a version of the show that would never degrade.

If Fox decided to sell the DVDs seperately with 4 episodes per DVD then these would cost around £16-£20, making an entire series cost nearly double that of the box sets.

I am happy with the price of the box sets. Thank you Fox (this is your cue to send me free sets now).

DotheBartman said:
I doubt they will go over 50, actually. With Buffy, X-Files, etc, they cant guarantee as many sales as they can with Simpsons. Simpsons is more likely to sell to casual fans as well as hardcore fans than the other shows are, and it makes sense to moderate the price in order to keep the masses interested. With the other shows (and I agree that Fox is screwing the fans of those shows over), they can charge more because there is only a small amount of people who will buy them and many of them are dedicated enough to spend a lot on them. If they did the same with Simpsons, they could probably sell expensive sets to the hardcore fans as usual, but unlike with the other shows, Simpsons has not so hardcore fans to back on, so it makes sense to moderate the price and keep even the casual fans happy.

Well thats a relief to hear,
I always really liked you really FOX(wanna send me some goodies? ;) )

albertimus prime said:
As manager of a music store, I can get them for cost. I see no reason why I couldn't buy a few and send to people who want to save a few bucks. ;)

Well there goes albertimus, already bucking for moderator of the year! ;)

since season 2 has almost twice as many eps. as season 1, i think the price would double two. season 1. register price is $40. i think season two would or could cost $60-75 big ones

i bought it at k-mart for $25, i found it at best buy for $30 im glad i didnt get it there. saved me an extra $5 for something like a playmates figure

Last edited:
Back