Search results

1. matt228

Which DVD/videos don't you have?

I have all the compilation videos up to Love, Springfield Style (the last one which was not released on DVD. I got Film Festival and Backstage Pass on VHS but then swapped them with a mate for those two and Risky Business on DVD (he wanted VHS and not DVD for some reason). So from the point...
  2. matt228

72 Futurama quotes thread

I'm copying an idea from the "General Discussion" section of the Simpsons board. You post your favourite quote from the next episode in the list. I'll start of with Space Pilot 3000, and the next person will post their favourite for Episode Two: The Series Has Landed, etc. Please follow the...
  3. matt228

Which channels would you prefer showed "The Simpsons"?

This question is fairly straightforward. Choose one option. Each option is 2 channels. Choose between: Channel 4 and Sky One BBC2 and Sky One Channel 4 and E4 Sky One exclusively Other - please state in post
  4. matt228

Best Season Ever: Final

General Information Each person will vote for their favourite of the two seasons in the final. The thread will remain open until tomorrow, or (if there aren't sufficient votes) until Friday. I will count the votes - if there is a tie, voting will be open for another day. The results will be...
  5. matt228

Best Season Ever: Semi-Finals

General Information Each person will vote for the winner out of each "match". The thread will remain open until tonight, at approximately 10pm BST, or tomorrow if there aren't sufficient votes. I will count the votes - if there is a tie, I will take the casting vote (although I will maintain a...
  6. matt228

Best Season Ever: Round One

General Information Each person will vote for the winner out of each "match". The thread will remain open until tonight, at approximately 10pm BST. I will count the votes - if there is a tie, I will take the casting vote (although I will maintain a level of fairness - i.e. I will choose what...
  7. matt228

Best Season Ever: Nominations Round

This is the preliminary round of the most recent of the dozens of "Best Season Ever" competitions. Each person is allocated 3 votes. The 8 seasons with the most votes will go through to Round One. All seasons are eligible, up to season 17. The Tracey Ullman era counts as ONE season, in case...
  8. matt228

Does anyone actually like Barney when he's sober?

Everyone seems to adore Barney but only when drunk. I want to know - does ANYONE like him sober? I think he's much better drunk!
  9. matt228

"The Simpsons" in languages other than English

I would like to know if there are any Simpsons fans on the forum whose mother tongue is not English - I'm trying to find some foreign MSN contacts (especially French/Quebecois). I'd also like to know how The Simpsons airs in your countries - is it dubbed/subtitled? How many seasons are you...
  10. matt228

Worst episode ever (June 2005), new format

Here we go again, with another "Best" or "Worst" thread from me. Don't complain, it's in the Voting Booth. Format: In Round 1, you nominate your least favourite episode from each season. The two episodes from each season with the most nominations will go through to Round 2. In Round 2, you name...
  11. matt228

"Around the World in 80 D'ohs" - stolen from me

Read this first post from my thread "DVD ideas" from 23rd November 2004: http://www.nohomers.net/showthread....54&page=1&pp=30 Now look at the new DVD to be released 23rd May 2005 on SNPP if you don't know about it already. Episodes are the exact same! So, either Fox have stolen my idea, they...
  12. matt228

R&R "The Regina Monologues" (S15)

A+. Great episode, on par with the greats such as Weekend at Burnsie's.
  13. matt228

5 new "Classics" DVDs released on 25 April in the UK

"Crime and Punishment" "The Last Temptation of Homer" "Raiders of the Lost Fridge" "Viva Los Simpsons" "Springfield Murder Mysteries" All the DVDs are the same episodes and featurettes as their original VHS tapes. I think it's a bit pointless re-releasing "The Last Temptation of Homer", which...
  14. matt228

Worst Episode Ever! - The Final

Round 4 Results Match 1: New Kids on the Blecch 9-7 Lastest Gun in the West Match 2: Kill the Alligator and Run 11-5 Simpson Safari I still honestly can't believe that New Kids on the Blecch is considered worse than Lastest Gun in the West. The Final New Kids on the Blecch vs Kill the...
  15. matt228

Worst Episode Ever! - Round 4

Round Outlay Nominations Round got 40 episodes Round 1: 40 halved to 20, then 4 eliminated Round 2: 16 halved to 8 Round 3: 8 halved to 4 Round 4: 4 halved to 2 Final: 2 halved to 1 Round 3 Results Match 1: Lastest Gun in the West 16-6 Missionary: Impossible Match 2: Strong Arms of the Ma 5-17...
  16. matt228

Worst Episode Ever! - Round 3

Round Outlay Round 3: 8 is halved to 4 Round 4: 4 is halved to 2 Final: 2 is halved to 1. Round 2 Results Match 1: Simpson Safari 6-4 Helter Shelter Match 2: The Frying Game 2-8 Strong Arms of the Ma Match 3: Lastest Gun in the West 9-1 30 Minutes Over Tokyo Match 4: The Fat and the Furriest...
  17. matt228

Worst Episode Ever! - Round 2

New Round Outlay Nominations got 40 votes Round 1: 40 is halved to 20, then the 4 with the least are eliminated Round 2: 16 is halved to 8 Round 3: 8 is halved to 4 Round 4: 4 is halved to 2 Final: 2 is halved to 1. Round 1 Results Match 1: The Frying Game 15-6 My Sister, My Sitter Match 2...
  18. matt228

Worst Episode Ever! - Round 1

I have moved the competition to the Voting Booth in response to criticism. New Round Outlay Nominations got 40 votes Round 1: 40 is halved, then 4 with least are eliminated Round 2: 16 is halved to 8 Round 3: 8 is halved to 4 Round 4: 4 is halved to 2 Final: 2 worst episodes as voted are pitted...
  19. matt228

Worst Episode Ever! - Nominations Round

Rules: Nominations Round Each person nominates their 5 least favourite episodes from seasons 1 to 15 (season 16 is not counted as it isn't finished; and all my polls include finished seasons only). The 32 episodes with the most nominations will go into Round 1. Rules: Rounds 1-Final In each...
  20. matt228

Cast of "Friends" to appear on "The Simpsons"?

I read this in a TV guide in either late 2003 or early 2004, it basically said that Jennifer Aniston, Courtney Cox Arquette, Lisa Kudrow, Matt LeBlanc, Matthew Perry and David Schwimmer are due to guest star in The Simpsons, as a group of 6 gay holiday-makers. But it's not even on the page on...
Back