Zack Snyder's Batman v Superman: The Official Thread of the Movie

I loved the cameos but they felt like they wrapped filming then 6 months later they were like "shit forgot cameos" so they called everyone in just to film it

again, I loved them but i can understand the lazy complaints

Weren't the other members of the Justice League mentioned for maybe 2 minutes.

I don't know, I think that the idea that the cameo's ended just being Wonder Woman watching a bunch of video's Batman sends her after he hacks Luthor's database, and that Luhtor just happened to have all these files with him, especially since they kind of look like the trailers you would see at the end of a Marvel movie. 

But I don't think they were bad, there were much worse ways of doing it, and it didn't really clutter the film up.

Aquaman looked completely awesome though.

It's not like it didn't make sense tho? It felt natural within the story of the film. I guess they could've just been in the credits but it took nothing out of the movie(again because it was real quick)

It's an okay movie with definite problems. People completely bitching about it, were born to bitch

I am definitely curious about the extended version, not just because of the R rating, but I'm hoping some of the editing of film will be more clarified. Then again, much of the movies problems can still be as senseless as before. It is just one of those things, that I'm hoping the best for.

In other news, Warner Bros released a deleted scene from the movie on Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-MUzvASr8s

It's so bizarre that so many online news outlets are reporting on that scene and are acting like it is utterly confusing. What, and the post-credits scenes in the Avengers movies made total sense? We know Lex went into the ship and told it to give him all the information it had, and then ended up in jail. Here, we see Lex communicating with either the ship or more likely with a creature that serves Darkseid. Lex all but confirmed that he knows something is coming at the end of the movie.

But nope. This clip is a real headscratcher! Golly! I don't know how to make heads nor tails of it!

James Wan promises that the Aquaman movie will be fun, because y'know, DC movies and "Fun" haven't exactly been going hand in hand for a while and now it seems they need to save some face by stressing that they'll fix that in future.
The kind of filmmaker that I am…even my darker horror films generally are still very fun and I think that’s important for me and the kind of films I make. Aquaman is a character that a lot of people have made fun of over the years and I just think it’s fun to actually show a really different, cool, badass side to this character, but at the same time, let’s not forget to have fun with it.

Source: http://screencrush.com/wan-aquaman-fun/

Also, Snyder and his wife have said similar about Justice League with regards making things more fun.
One of the things that lightens it is having Flash and characters that are more, optimistic. Batman v Superman in particular is two characters who are at a crisis of conscience that brings them together.

Source: http://screencrush.com/justice-league-not-dark-batman-vs-superman/

Time will tell obviously, but they'd be foolish to continue with the insanely dull, downtrodden path that Snyder's been taking DC's movies in.

well if this movie was worth anything at least I've heard Elastigirl say "you can't piss in a jar and call it Granny's peach tea"

Batman v Superman's reception continues to effect other DC movies as sources say that Suicide Squad is undergoing massive reshoots to add more jokes and humor to the film (yeah it turns out that the Suicide Squad trailer where they play the Queen song was actually really misleading and contained all the jokes in the film, but now Warner Bros is reshooting the film more inline with the trailer).

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/suicide-squad-undergoing-big-reshoots-add-more-jokes

While I wouldn't be that surprised if it was true, all of the so-called sources being unnamed and the fact that Devin Faraci seems to enjoy shitting on DC at every chance he gets makes me instinctively opt to take that article with a grain of salt, to put it lightly, and I say this as someone who doesn't think Suicide Squad looks good.

I quite enjoyed this one actually. The action was great and the plot was good for a movie like this. Only thing i did not really like was the ending, it felt pretty cheap and created for shock value since they are obviously not killing off one of their most popular characters, he will obviously come back one day in another movie. I rate it a 8 or a 8.5/10. Maybe closer to a 8/10.

raimi spidermans still the best superhero movies. those and hellboy

Things aren't looking good for DC. The director for The Flash has just dropped out of the film, while the director for Aquaman is considering doing the same thing too. Meanwhile, there's a lot of tension of between Zak Synder and Warner Bros because of Batman v Superman's negative reviews and lower then expected profit at the box office, and now DC/Warner Bros is counting on Suicide Squad being a big success.

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/04/29/crisis-on-finite-dc-movieverses

lol at the executives who approved the script pretending to have been blindsided

"ok so on page 14 it says lois lane watches jimmy olsen getting his brains blown out"

"yeah is that a problem?"

"not at all, here's $500 million"

Just saw this,.. it was okay. My big complaint with stuff like this, the Tron reboot, et-al, is films that are so greedy to spawn sequels they overload the one your watching with teaser $#!t and not taking care of the movie I'm physically watching at the moment.
Back in the day, a sequel was a nice surprise!.. it had to be earned. Only after a movies rave opening did the studios scramble to cash in with a follow up.

BvS was the greediest by far I've ever seen. It shamelessly jammed in the launch of so many other projects.. unbelievable!
Marvel films usually have the good tact to hide their sequel plugs at the very end of the credit scroll. DC is to eager to play catch up with Marv, and its gonna cost them.

They don't want to delay filming of Justice League by figuring Synder and having to look for a new director.

He's that tough to figure out?

tumblr_llbbo0loqk1qh59n0o1_500.gif

James Wan promises that the Aquaman movie will be fun, because y'know, DC movies and "Fun" haven't exactly been going hand in hand for a while and now it seems they need to save some face by stressing that they'll fix that in future.
Time will tell obviously, but they'd be foolish to continue with the insanely dull, downtrodden path that Snyder's been taking DC's movies in.

No offense meant but you don't speak for every DC/DCCU fan when you say "they're not FUN!" I mean what the hell does that even mean. I enjoyed MOS because I loved the crazy Kryptonian world building in the first part of the movie and how it made a grimmer Superman/Clark Kent plausible within the context of his upbringing and what he went through. I loved a lot of BvS but it needed to be two films, not one. All of the world building that could have been done with Gotham and Metropolis and showing how Metropolis was rebuilding after the Zod incident would have been great.

I don't think Snyder directing these films is the problem. The guy is a competent director, has a great eye for action scenes (seriously, rewatch the action scenes in Watchmen or Man of Steel and you'll see how incomprehensible they would be if they were full of quick cuts), and clearly loves the source material he works with. The problem is that BvS was one film that should have been two. There's nothing wrong with a more realistic approach to Superman, but the character development was lacking.

I have no problem with Suicide Squad having some black humor but I don't want to see DCCU movies become indistinguishable from Marvel movies where there are tons of quips and jokes in every film.

Back