You're on a desert island..

red

Junior Camper
There happens to be a television and a VCR on this island, and you're only allowed to bring one episode on tape, which would you choose? Not necessarily your favourite, but an episode you would be happy to watch over and over again, or that would cheer you up more than most.

id have to go with something that would make me feel good upon watching it, with a good ending with plenty of emotion and humor. i think i would have to say "lisas first word"

The Springfield Files. Love that one, really hysterical and has the best replay value of any episode in the series' history IMO...

Like Father, Like Klown.

Not my favorite by a long shot, but it has all the makings of a classic episode, and it gives you a nice, warm feeling inside you by the end.

Don't you mean deserted island?

I'd pick "Homer's Phobia."

I couldn't pick just one episode. As much as I like watching repeats, being on an island watching the same episode again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again would just be terrible.

Wavy Gravy said:
9F01, "Homer the Heretic". A classic with tons of laughs and even more satire.

I second that, as much as I love Lisa's Substitute, Homer the Heretic does a better job at doing what The Simpsons did best which was smart satire mixed in with hilarious gags.

I think I'd go with "Last Exit to Springfield". I don't think I could ever tire of the back and forth "Dental Plan"/"Lisa Needs Braces" and Homer's walking around in circles on the floor. Plus the whole Burns grinch thing. And the episode also flows very well and has a good plot.

And would this Island happen to be Monster island? If that's the case it is actually peninsula.

Yeah, it's when Lisa is reminiscing about becoming president but she can't because she got an F in P.E.

Inductor: I now pronounce you President of these United --
Reporter: Stop the inauguration! I just discovered our President Elect got an F in second grade gym class!
Inductor: In that case I sentence you to a lifetime of horror on Monster Island. Don't worry, it's just a name.
Lisa: He said it was just a name!
Man: What he meant is that Monster Island is actually a peninsula

Last edited:
I wouldn't take any episode. If I took one it would just make me want to see more, and that would probably drive me insane in about a week.

I would probably bring Homer's Phobia, I absolutely crack up at every single joke in that episode every time i see it. I don't know what it is, it's just hilarious.

If I were on a desert island, I'd probably die before I had the chance to watch an episode over and over and over and over again. But in all seriousness, I would most likely bring "Bart After Dark" with me. I enjoyed that episode very much. Bart is one of my favorite characters, Tress MacNeille is one of my favorite guest voices, and "We Put the Spring in Springfield" is one of my favorite musical numbers in the series. It all fits together. In fact, this was the first episode I downloaded off Grokster and I just watched it almost everyday for a couple of months. It never bores me.

Homer Badman would be my choice as well, Rowdy Roddy Peeper.

Sprinfield files is a close second though

Hmmph the one that i like has to be the one i have no clue of the name doesn't it! Well it's one of the tree house of horrors with the Speaking House with pierce Brosnans voice. with the Hogwarts Springfield elementry thing, that frog that was puking up green stuff killed me! (Killed me in laughter)

George Cauldron said:
I couldn't pick just one episode. the same episode again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again would just be terrible.

I can't believe you don't shut up! sir! (just kidding, there's my Apu) I would have to say Dude where's my ranch

Unlike the rest of my fellow simpsons geeks here, I don't know the name of each episode (does that make me a king or a clown here?). However, with that said, I love the episode where Bart is a bartender for Fat Tony and his mob cohorts.
Something about it just cracks me up. Maybe because I'm a teacher and like the way that Principal Skinner is leaned on by Barts 'friends'.

Back