your expirience after your first surgery?

First surgery was an eye surgery when I was 8 months old. I don’t remember that one.

Second surgery was another eye surgery, this time at 8 years old. I just remember being super sensitive to sunlight after it and my eyes hurting like hell.

Third surgery was brain surgery when I was 18. I was vomiting a lot for a few days after the surgery, which was a common side effect. The stay in the hospital after the surgery was miserable, and I got very cranky. But now I have a cool brain picture that was taken during the surgery, and I can show it off to people. Gives me lots of street cred.

Torn tendon always sounds like one of the worst pains out there. I feel for ya. Hope your healing goes well.

I had some minor oral surgeries before but the only real surgery I had was my c-section when I gave birth. There was minor inflammation around some of the dissolving stitches that sucked but was handled. Ultimately I just had a pretty hard time maneuvering around the house or handling my baby with the searing pain coming from the surgery area. Could hardly roll out of bed the first couple of days when I was terrified I might rip myself open...but then the pain just kinda subsided like nothing after and I stopped thinking about it pretty quickly. The area is numb now though, which is really weird to feel when I remember that.

Torn tendon always sounds like one of the worst pains out there. I feel for ya. Hope your healing goes well.

I had some minor oral surgeries before but the only real surgery I had was my c-section when I gave birth. There was minor inflammation around some of the dissolving stitches that sucked but was handled. Ultimately I just had a pretty hard time maneuvering around the house or handling my baby with the searing pain coming from the surgery area. Could hardly roll out of bed the first couple of days when I was terrified I might rip myself open...but then the pain just kinda subsided like nothing after and I stopped thinking about it pretty quickly. The area is numb now though, which is really weird to feel when I remember that private insurance is really important.
I cut my wrist when I was about 10 or something and my dad who is a doctor stitched the wound himself. That was great of him but still fill creepy when I recall that moment.

Last edited:
First surgery was an eye surgery when I was 8 months old. I don’t remember that one.

Second surgery was another eye surgery, this time at 8 years old. I just remember being super sensitive to sunlight after it and my eyes hurting like hell.

Third surgery was brain surgery when I was 18. I was vomiting a lot for a few days after the surgery, which was a common side effect. The stay in the hospital after the surgery was miserable, and I got very cranky. But now I have a cool brain picture that was taken during the surgery, and I can show it off to people. Gives me lots of street cred.
Why did you have brain surgery?

I had seizures. The tonic-clonic ones were controlled with medication, but I still had partial ones. I wanted to be able to drive.

Speaking to the doctor to try and calm down and then a complete memory skip and waking up feeling a little sore.

In 2005, had a schwonnoma tumor removed of L3/L4. They told me it was about a size of a lime. All I remember about my hospital time was that morphine drip is some good shit. After I left and finally stopped my pain medication the pain was excruciating. It took months for the nerve to calm down. When it finally did I was able to do more and I was able to go to Italy the following year.

Thowever, the pain came back as I do have smaller schwonnomas on other nerves on my back. I'm basically stuck with not being able to do things that I always wanted to do, such as skydiving. My lower back is a mess and has been since 2004-05. The doctor even told me the I have herniated disc and a degenerative disc.

All I can say is take care of your back.

Back