You Only Move Twice

mr. broom

comes from circumstances
This episode is my personal favorite, and I'm far from alone on this. The SNPP capsule:
In the eight season opener, Homer's new job moves the Simpsons to an idyllic planned community. But his new, easygoing boss (voice of Albert Brooks) has some trouble with the government.
Homer's boss, Hank Scorpio, is one of the best-loved guest characters. What I'm curious about is what makes it such a fan favorite. I've seen sites devoted solely to "YOMT" and Hank Scorpio. Why do we love it? What makes it such a wonderful episode? I'd also like to hear from anyone who really didn't like it or doesn't see what the fuss is about.

You Only Move Twice is my all-time favorite Simpsons episode. Everything just seems to work out perfect. Its just a great idea and everything in the episode just comes together perfect.

It has great parodies (James Bond), a lovable villian (Hank Scorpio), and loads of laughs. Definately one of if not the best episode ever made.

Best episode ever. The whole plot was genius, love hank scorpio! My brother and i were talking last night about it.. even he says he knows it word for word he's seen it so much. I know i'm not alone on liking it this much.

In my top 5/6, definately. The satire of modern "nice-guy" hypocrisy, modern school systems, technologized life, and "perfect" Utopian suburbs is just the beginning. As well, there's the James Bond parody and Hank Scorpio character, the hilarious end, and Marge drinking wine with the gasp track.

This has been one of my top-5/10 favourite episodes since I first saw it. It's really cool, for season 8.

You gotta love this episode. Hey, Hank Scorpio seems like a nice enough guy when he's not trying to kill everyone. I say, let him take over the world.

Well said all around. It also generated some of my favorite quotes:
--I transferred down from Canada and they think I'm slow, eh?
--Scorpio: Homer, which do you like least: Italy or France?
Homer: Um, France.
Scorpio: Ha. No one ever says Italy.
--I've started drinking half a glass of wine a day! I know the doctors say you should drink a whole glass, but I can't drink that much.

...and others I can't remember verbatim right now. Mostly everything Scorpio says.

Back