Yeah im gonna bring this up again...

Danwen87

Again, i seen a post about this before but ill bring it up again because i want up to date responses.

Groundskeeper willie. Look, im a scot, born and raised. and all my life ive seen the stereotyped 'hard drinking angry scot' . now , ill admit, it looks bad....but ( and again im a born and raised scot) its not ENTIRELY a stereotype. i mean go to glasgow small pubs on say a wednesday evening and you will see a million 'Willie' types :P

However, i WOULD welcome a scottish actor doing the voice, if anything to take a load of of hank , who lets face it has soooooooo much work :O ( cause hes ace, no really this isnt sarcasm !). and to anyone saying oh well hes iconic...i can think of a dozen scottish actors who would be just as good. my preference would be Craig ferguson ( who actualy did feature on Futurama, and has other voice acting roles)

What say you, delegates of simpsonia?

I have a few notes.

First of all, yeah it's Dan who does the voice. Secondly, Hank has had so many characters taken away from him now that his workload has been considerably lessened. So no, I don't think he needs any more help.

Thirdly, it's about so much more than finding someone who simply is a good actor. It's not enough to be Scottish. The guy has to nail being a specific Scottish character, in this case Willie.

And lastly, why should we continue to take roles away from perfectly capable voice actors? We already have the excellent Dan Castellaneta voicing him. For goodness sake, enough voices on the show have been ruined by recastings already, don't make it even worse. If they want to fill in another checkpoint they could create a new character instead.

The changed voices don't bother me, but then again I remember when Pokemon changed dubbing companies so I can roll with these things.

If they changed the voice and I could pick the actor, I'd choose David Tennant.

I honestly don't really mind the swapped voice actors so far (aside from Hibbert who sounds too obviously like Kevin Michael Richardson) but I'd prefer if they didn't start changing them unnecessarily.

Also, to reply to @GlitterCat, while Tennant could probably do a good job as Willie, I'm thinking he'd be too expensive as a regular character (I'm guessing that might've been the reason why Scrooge wasn't in every episode of DuckTales '17).

Back