Would Maximum Homerdrive be considered a stand-out in Season 15?

Rembrandt Q. Einstein_1

Don't you know I am serious!!
I was reading the top 50 post-classics list, and most of them were the normal episodes that everyone picks (Hungry Hungry Homer, Special Edna, Trilogy of Error, etc.) But Maximum Homerdrive was in it as well. I wondered why. Is it because Season 10 is generally considered the best post-classic season by far? But isn't 13-16 usually considered an improvement over 10-12, on this forum in particular? That confused me. So, would Maximum Homerdrive be considered a stand-out in Season 15?

I would probably consider it among the best of season 15, just like it's among the best of season 10.

It would probably be bottom of the barrel season 15 material for me.

It's just another by-the-numbers Scully Homer adventure, with that waaaaaaaacky Homer in a big-ass truck.

Well, if [MENTION=47429]Frightened Inmate No. 2[/MENTION] is out, then I'm out too!
You're on your own Potsie!
simpsons-10-05-s04.jpg

It'd be one of the worst in the season. For more of my thoughts on it go read the discussion we had for it in the weekly episode club from last year.:)

I don't remember Maximum Homerdrive being that loved. I see no reason for it to stand out positively or negatively in Season 10 or 15.

Its a guilty pleasure for me, but i can certainly see why people hate it. Homer getting a another new job, useless doorbell-subplot, truck-drivers trying to kill Homer etc. So it would be probably be considered average by some, and one of the worst by many in season 15.

Maximum Homerdrive is a poor episode and would be one of the worst of its season had it aired during S15 (only Bart-Mangled Banner and Co-Dependent's Day are worse). Granted, even though it contains a few laughs, the plot is pointlessly fantastical, and Homer is characterized so awfully.

If this was the exact episode airing in S15 with Jean's name in the credits, the Scully Defenders would say it sucked.

If it had Scully's name in the credits, the Scully Defenders would call it a return to the classics.

So, it doesn't matter.

And if "Kill the Alligator and Run," was episode on Season 7, the classic fans would love it.

If "Kill the Alligator and Run," was a Season 15 episode, classic fans would say it is a return to form.

But, because its a Season 11 episode with Mike Scully's name in the credits, classic fans hate it.

See what I did there???

it wouldn't belong there because of the blandness of mr. jean

And if "Kill the Alligator and Run," was episode on Season 7, the classic fans would love it.

If "Kill the Alligator and Run," was a Season 15 episode, classic fans would say it is a return to form.

But, because its a Season 11 episode with Mike Scully's name in the credits, classic fans hate it.

See what I did there???

Kill the Alligator and Run would stick out as a sore thumb if it was in season 7. Imagine if it followed Mother Simpson in the production order: the tone of the show would be too different!

The episode would stand-out because the humor Scully uses was much different than the early Jean years. It would probably stick out more from a story perspective than a quality one too. I for one don't like the episode and like season 15 but this question is sort of unanswerable because I'll never see it paired up against My Mother the Carjacker or Fraudcast News or whatever. I'll never be able to see it outside of a season 10 episode episode because it feels exactly like a season 10 episode

No. I cannot see it as a stand-out episode since it's pretty bland, poor and wacky & I would most certainly lump it together with the weakest episodes of the season.

I don't find Maximum Homerdrive anything special. Its not a bad episode, but its pretty bland and boring. There isn't that much that you can joke around with truck drivers anyway, and the subplot could've been a lot better instead of repeating the same tune over and over again.

I would've probably considered it one of the worst season 15 episodes of it was part of that season. In season 10, it is somewhat average.

See what I did there???

Unfortunately, and I feel everyone here is considerably less intelligent after reading that.

Yes, and your insipid insight is why you cannot fathom why Mike Scully's episodes are shunned here like the Amish shun technology.

If Ktaar aired in season 7.

Matt Groening:Bill and Josh!, i want to have a talk with you.

Bill and Josh:Yes?

Matt Groening:You see that episode that aired today, was so stupid and wacky and boring i could not even stand it, it jumped from plot from plot, First Homer fears he is going to die, and then they go to florida, and he somehow gets cured, and then blabla.

Bill and Josh:It was an experiment, to see how stupid we could make The Simpsons.

Matt Groening:Hmpf, but look at the reviews at Alt.Tv.Simpsons to see how angry the "experiment" got those nerds.

"Grr, The Simpsons has really sucked for the past 3 seasons and this was the last straw, im done with the show"

"Wtf, Was that The Simpsons or a episode of some stupid Saturday Morning Cartoon?"

"Just when i thought The Simpsons could not sunk lower"

"This was by far the worst episode ever, the plot made not sense, everyone was out of caracter, the jokes were stupid and unfunny, i really hope this retarded episode gets declared a lost episode and gets buried in the ground"

"This episode sucked, Im done with the show forever!"

Last edited:
It would still suck balls wherever it is placed. The placement of an episode has no bearing on it's quality.

Aired In Season 1: Shit
Aired In Season 7: Shit
Aired In Season 23: Shit

Agreed. I would hate Simpson Safari even if it aired in season 8. I would love Cape Feare even if it aired in season 11. Season dosent matter. A bad episode is a bad episode. A good episode is a good episode.

Back