Worst One-Time Characters

titanextron

Junior Camper
I've seen a lot of "Best or Favorite One-Time characters" threads, so let's have one about the worst (or most hated).
Personally I think Jakov (the tour guide from The Greatest Story Ever D'ohed) was annoying.

Last edited:
I don’t hate The Greatest Story Ever D’ohed, but Jakob was incredibly annoying. I’d have to go with him too.

i found jakob to be the least annoying part of "the greatest story ever d'ohed" actually.
there's a lot to think of, but julia from "the homer of seville" comes to mind. i could not stand that character.

though as jerkass scully mentioned, if we are counting guest stars playing themselves though, easily elon musk bc he's a horrible, horrible person, sucks at voice acting, unfunny, annoying. infinitely worse than lady gaga.

I want to say Lester and Eliza because they disturbed the f out as a kid. As an adult, I get the joke but as a kid, it was nightmare fuel. ick.

Ricky Gervais's character, whatever his name was.

Ricky Gervais was so insufferable in both of his appearances on The Simpsons and in his appearance on family guy. He was great on The Office, why can't he just do a good job voicing animated characters?

Probably Jacob, yeah. But dishonorable mention to Ted Nugent. I hated him in that awful episode. I can't believe the writers thought anything in that episode was fine. If I'd pick Jacob over Ted is because the former damages an episode that could be a bit better without him, while the latter appears in an episode that couldn't be worse.

Also, Bode Wright deserves to be mentioned here. A horrible narcissistic character that Pete Holmes created and gave voice to with total impunity, like it was "Pete Holmes presents Pete Holmes' flawless character voiced by Pete Holmes". Ugh.

Ricky Gervais's character, whatever his name was.

No way, Ricky Gervais character in Homer Simpsons This Is Your Wife is one of the best one-time characters in modern Simpsons history. He actually managed to be consistently funny. I'd rank that episode as one of the funniest of the zombie era.

Probably get a lot of hate for this, but Lyle Lanley (although most of that dislike is probably because he never got sent to Springfield court over his fraudulence)

Laura Powers. Sara Gilbert could coast in live-action by being a pretty little lady but on the Simpsons she sweats Mr. Sheen.

Laura Powers was always one of the best one-time characters to me. Great and likeable teenage character with a good dynamic with Bart (not in a romantic sense but friendship-wise in a big sister type way, of sorts). I always kinda wished she was brought back. I never imagined someone would rank her as the worst one, but to each their own.

So, here we are, my 2500th post on the forums! :headbang:

Anyway, Laura Powers is by far not the worst one time character by miles. She's often considered the best of Bart's Girlfriends (maybe not Jessica Lovejoy) and has good chemistry with Bart. Shame that we never got the reason on why they broke up, but she's cool. She could've also been a great character to brought back, but then, with Shawna now with Jimbo, and Bart getting more girlfriends, her character is almost non-usable in Modern Simpsons.

That guy that kept yelling "bombardment!" repeatedly in My Fair Laddy. One of the most annoying characters ever.

I'll give a shout out to a character I just recalled; Piper Paisley (Jenny Slate's character) from 'Crystal Blue-Haired Persuasion'. Good actress and nothing wrong with the voice performance, but a horribly annoying, obnoxious and unlikeable character. I don't get why Marge even bothered to get so worked up that unstable lunatic (she would have been better off just ignoring her).

The thing is Coach Krupt (the bombardment guy) is not a one-time character but somewhat recurring (having appeared in around 20 episodes plus the movie). I still agree that he is an annoying, one note character, not to mention immensly unlikeable to a "Why is Springfield Elementary keeping this sadistic bully who's also gravely incompetent around?" degree.

Last edited:
The Bombardment joke gets tiring and repeative after all of this time, but I think he has appeared in more than 1 episode, so he's not exactly a one time character

Francine the bully who reacts to the scent of nerds with violence. The 'solution' to Lisa's bullying problem is nonsensical, and Francine has one of the fugliest designs.

Gosh. Either Lucas, (or lucadollar), Juliet from Lisa the Drama queen, or Jessica Lovejoy. Does she count? has she made a speaking appearance since Bart's Girlfriend??

Jessica Lovejoy have made many cameo appearances, I think along with a background crowd appearance, and many Comic appearances, but I'm not exactly sure she reappeared as a talking role after that episode.

Yeah, I do agree with Luca$ being a bad one-timer.

Back