Worst episodes ever

WTF?!!?!?

Lisa Goes to Washington was great. More serious than funny, but still had a good message.

mrkatie said: Saddlesore Gallactica was horrible. And while most people like this episode, I'm sorry but I just didn't care for the Mysterious Voyage of Homer at all.

What is up with that?! "elViaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer" was great. "Saddlesore Glacticca" was ok but it wasnt a worst episode at all

Radiationdude7: click the quote button on someone's post.

I can't believe you mentioned Trash of the Titans, Jake. That's one of my favorites. It was actually a very well done satire on politics and many people's attitudes about doing things on their own. But that's just my opinion.

Oh, and for those who mentioned Sunday, Cruddy Sunday, and Saddlesore Galactica: I can't really argue with you there, even if they weren't the exact worst in my mind. So, I guess those should be nominated as well.

DotheBartman said:
I can't believe you mentioned Trash of the Titans, Jake. That's one of my favorites. It was actually a very well done satire on politics and many people's attitudes about doing things on their own. But that's just my opinion.

I agree with you about people wanting to get things done, but Trash of the Titans made it to my list because I thought it was another jerkass Homer episode. (What's with Homer kicking that lady out of the chair?)

Jake

Originally posted by radiationdude7
What is up with that?! "elViaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer" was great. "Saddlesore Glacticca" was ok but it wasnt a worst episode at all [/B]

I don't mind that you think that, but I've watched that episode more than enough times and the only lines that are even slightly funny are "Batman just let himself go" and "this is only your memory, I can't give you any new information." There were a lot of things in that episode that I wasn't sure if it was supposed to be funny or what. Like that thing about Bart saying ,"hey Lis, check it out. Time for Chili." And she said "I see it Bart." What's funny about that? And Homer wonders around aimlessly for too long.

Saddlesore was just bad. I'm sorry but I can't see any arguement to the contrary. You know a show is really running out of ideas when they do a show about elf jockeys (especially if they've already done a horse show already which was much better done)

Give Principal and the Pauper it's due, that hideous thing should have never been even thought up.

On My Hitlist

Hey bud, you stepped on my foot.
Tall Tales shouldn't even have come up here.
It's damn good. One of the best.
Same thing with Mysterious Voyage and Trash of The Titans.

So What Episodes Do You Actually Like?

blockyourfather and Frink13 what episodes do you think are good then, cause your sense of humor must be way off from mine. I've seen every episode, as I imagine both of you have. Everyone gets their opinion, and I respect yours, I am just curious as to if you have some kind of criteria that you judge an episode by?

Re: So What Episodes Do You Actually Like?

Tirefire said:
blockyourfather and Frink13 what episodes do you think are good then, cause your sense of humor must be way off from mine. I've seen every episode, as I imagine both of you have. Everyone gets their opinion, and I respect yours, I am just curious as to if you have some kind of criteria that you judge an episode by?
You respect my opinion-good; I respect yours. Just to clear up one thing: I don't hate Simpson Tall Tales merely because I am an old school fan(which I am); truth be known, I happen to like Season 13 so far. My criteria is this: if an episode has singing, 95% of the time, it's bad( why I hate All Singing, All Dancing- and Streetcar Named Marge is the exception to this).Also, the whole deal with the buffolo killing in the second segment waas hideously overused, as was the word "powerful" in thr third segment. Whew! I'm done *looks around to notice that everyone is asleep due to bordem*

ok

Alright, thanks for the explanation, I detested All Signing All Dancing
as well, but I like the hobo song in Tall Tales. (Stabbin folks with my hobo knife after saying hes not a stabbin hobo)
I like the cleverness of the buffalo gag alot, I guess that's where you and I split. I don't really give a crap about what schools anyone are myself, I don't even know what I would consider myself lol.
Ok, I'm off to watch some Simpsons on my computer.
Just downloaded a new ep.

You people, honestly. Mr. Lisa Goes to Washington? Have you lost your minds? "Where else but America, or possibly Canada..." that ep was gold. And I have to say that Tall Tales was good. Any episode with the line, "'Those deringer bullets sure are weak.' 'Powerful weak,'" has my blessings.

Let's see, episodes I didn't like:
Bart the Mother
D'oh-In in the Wind
The Wizard of Evergreen Terrace
Bart to the Future
Homer vs. Dignity
Tennis the Menace
Homer the Moe

All of these made me wince to watch. There are others that were just barely watchable, but these were just bad. They were either too heavy on the emotional drivel that plauges most sitcoms, or else were to eclectic and random even for the Simpsons.

I agree with everyone that The Principal and the Pauper was a bad episode-plot wise. I honestly thought it was a funny episode. I laugh a lot whenever I see that episode. It's just too bad that the story is absolutely horrible.
I don't see why people say Mr. Lisa Goes to Washington is a bad episode. It is really funny and has a good story line.
As for my nomination, I guess I would have to nominate:
-Kill the Alligator and Run
-Principal and the Pauper (even though I like the jokes)
-Saddlesore Galactica

Well, I don't know the name but-

I have to say the worst episode IMHO has to be the one where Homer is Mister X. What a piece of crap.

No wait-the one where Homer and Bart become con artists. Makes you think initially that it's going somewhere, then that...ending. Jesus, what were they thinking.

Remember the ep where Bob wanted to do away with tv having been made to hear lines on crappy sitcoms like:"Well, now I'm gonna haul ass to lollapalooza!"? They were spoofing shows that were wacky for the sake of being wacky(duh), and sadly that's what the simpsons is coming to. I have hope though: Jon Vitti will pull it out of it's slump.

Re: So What Episodes Do You Actually Like?

Tirefire said:

sorry i'm so late on this but as blockyourfather said, in two of the three segments something was overused way too much. I like episodes that are based on one plot with the exception of the THOH episodes, my favorite episode was Homer at the Bat

I have quite a few episodes that I thought sucked, and I'll tell you why.

A Fish Called Selma (3F15) - For some reason, I didn't laugh as much as I hoped to. Troy McClure was one of my favorite characters because of his personality, and then I find out he's a fish fetishist? I never looked at him the same way again. The "You may remember me from such films as..." gag was used too many times too. There were a few funny bits, like Troy spritzing breath freshener in Selma's mouth before kissing her and the "Stop The Planet Of The Apes, I Want To Get Off!" musical, but for the most part, it didn't click with me.

Homer's Phobia (4F11) - I heard how much people loved this episode, and I looked forward to seeing it, but it just wasn't as funny as people made it out to be. Why? Because I hate stereotypes. John was the only believable gay character in the episode. The steel mill workers were far too coquettish and girly. Yeah, I know the steel mill was everyone's favorite scene, but I just didn't laugh.

Lard of the Dance (5F20) - There was so much that was screwed up with this episode that I barely know where to begin. First off, I understand why Homer might invest in grease shares, but why would Bart go along with him? He's smarter than that. And Alex wasn't a very good character. Lisa Kudrow wasn't a good choice for a guest voice either, because her voice isn't young-sounding enough. The end scene where Groundskeeper Willie beats up Homer in the air vent just didn't make sense because I didn't see why Willie was angry in the first place. Basically just a very bland episode.

Behind the Laughter was horrible. Some of the clips shows are hilarious too like The 138th Episode Spectacular or the April Fools episode, but with this one, the material outside of the clips wasn't at all funny. The concept could have been hilarious, but it was disappointing. None of it made any sense at all. I was pissed.

Last edited:
To the person who said tha t Lard of the Dance was the worst episode, I agree, but I disagree with your reasons. The whole POINT of the guest voice was that Alex wasn't supposed to sound young-ish sounding but a lot older for her age, and Willie would be pretty mad if someone was stealing his retirement grease.

I hated the episode because Lisa is unfunny and extremely preachy, I hated how Skinner is so featherbrained, I found myself not feeling sorry for Lisa, and the moral is driven to the ground.

the episodes I hate:
Call of the Simpsons (humor very juvenile)
Some Enchanted Evening (pointless and wacky)
Another Simpsons Clip Show (not a good idea for a clip show)
All Singing, All Dancing (very bad original material)
Lard of the Dance (Lisa is very annoying here)
When You Dish Upon a Star (lousy, unfunny use of celebs)
Kill the Alligator and Run (obnoxious, drags on and on)
It's A Mad Mad Mad Mad Marge (the family didn't even care about Marge)
Skinner's Sense of Snow (forced conflict, boring)
New Kids on the Blecch (stupid conspiracy, stupid ending)
Simpson Safari (Call of the Simpsons all over again)

S. Reddy said:
To the person who said tha t Lard of the Dance was the worst episode, I agree, but I disagree with your reasons. The whole POINT of the guest voice was that Alex wasn't supposed to sound young-ish sounding but a lot older for her age, and Willie would be pretty mad if someone was stealing his retirement grease.

I hated the episode because Lisa is unfunny and extremely preachy, I hated how Skinner is so featherbrained, I found myself not feeling sorry for Lisa, and the moral is driven to the ground.

the episodes I hate:
Call of the Simpsons (humor very juvenile)
Some Enchanted Evening (pointless and wacky)

I'll have to disagree with you on the second one. Some enchanted evening was quite funny. I'd understand if you didn't like it because the babysitter got away in the end (I wasn't crazy about it the first time too). But it isn't necessarily pointless. It just reminds us that not all theives have to break into your home. Please explain why you think it was wacky.

I completely forgot about "Bart the Mother." Good thing someone mentioned it. That episode is underhated, not underrated. Looking back, I think that was the episode that actually managed to get me worried about where the show was headed.

Lard of the Dance was okay... it wasn't as bad as Lisa's Date With Density though. I don't know, there was just something about Lisa and Nelson dating that made me want to cringe for about three hours nonstop...

Jessica Lovejoy said:
Lard of the Dance was okay... it wasn't as bad as Lisa's Date With Density though. I don't know, there was just something about Lisa and Nelson dating that made me want to cringe for about three hours nonstop...

I disagree. Maybe the concept of Nelson and Lisa dating was odd, but that was such a funny episode, that one makes my "Best Episodes" list.

Back