WHY DO THE EARLY BART DOLLS HAVE BLUE SHIRTS??

Status
Not open for further replies.
bart_dude.jpg

I'm pretty sure Bart never wore a blue shirt in the show.

They gave Bart a blue shirt in the early 90's to make the siblings stand apart from each other. The other reason is Lisa and Maggie have one-color clothing, so making Bart have a same color shirt and pants would be easier to produce.

I guess the people behind the merchandise thought the public was too dumb to tell Bart and Lisa apart. :(

"now for a little calming blue. hey! where's your blue shirt?"

blue.jpg

"i don't have a blue shirt."

Why was his shirt green on some the video game covers(eg. Krusty's Funhouse, Bart's Nightmare, Virtual Bart)?

Why was there a black Smithers? Why did homer wear a pink shirt once? Why was Moe's hair black? I give you credit for catching it but it really didn't need a whole thread.

inb4tenpageflamewarwithpocketfoxandjerkasshomer

You really want to know? Early in both the Tracy Ulman Shorts and The Series, Bart is shown, not always, wearing a blue shirt. In the merchandising back in the 90's, he's almost shown wearing a blue shirt in almost every toy, video game, comic book, you name it, but since Bart mostly wears a red shirt in the TV series and Shorts, and than later on today, merchandising showed Bart wearing mostly a red shirt, a lot of us don't know that he used to wear a shirt colored in blue.

no this definitely needed a whole thread

this is a big concern go back to pitchfork.com Mozy

i had that coltrane poster, then it ripped, so i got a better one

always wondered why trane was all blue tho

no this definitely needed a whole thread

this is a big concern go back to pitchfork.com Mozy

I'm not being a douche or mean or anything, I'm just stating that it could have been asked in the "Questions about The Simpsons" thread. It's a great question, I'll give you that.

I'm not being a douche or mean or anything, I'm just stating that it could have been asked in the "Questions about The Simpsons" thread. It's a great question, I'll give you that.

that's for questions about the show, this is about merch and swag :jeep:

Looking at the screencaps on Simpsons Wiki... Bart does indeed have a light blue shirt in the first Ullman short, "Good Night". Then it seems like they went through a couple different colors for the rest of season 1 - he has a green shirt in "Bart Jumps", and a pale yellow-gold shirt in "Burp Contest". But it looks like the red shirt became permanent as of the final season 1 segment, "Eating Dinner".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back