WHY DO THE EARLY BART DOLLS HAVE BLUE SHIRTS??

Status
Not open for further replies.

duck soup

son of a BANG son of a BOOM
bart_dude.jpg

Patches O'houlihan

I'm baaaack!
They gave Bart a blue shirt in the early 90's to make the siblings stand apart from each other. The other reason is Lisa and Maggie have one-color clothing, so making Bart have a same color shirt and pants would be easier to produce.

I guess the people behind the merchandise thought the public was too dumb to tell Bart and Lisa apart. :(

zach

pushed a woman into 9/11
"now for a little calming blue. hey! where's your blue shirt?"

blue.jpg

"i don't have a blue shirt."

comeau

انطلقوا أيها الغزاة!
Why was his shirt green on some the video game covers(eg. Krusty's Funhouse, Bart's Nightmare, Virtual Bart)?

MyNewUsername

Formerly known as E.A. Moz
Why was there a black Smithers? Why did homer wear a pink shirt once? Why was Moe's hair black? I give you credit for catching it but it really didn't need a whole thread.

Santa Shoz

Let's to go!
You really want to know? Early in both the Tracy Ulman Shorts and The Series, Bart is shown, not always, wearing a blue shirt. In the merchandising back in the 90's, he's almost shown wearing a blue shirt in almost every toy, video game, comic book, you name it, but since Bart mostly wears a red shirt in the TV series and Shorts, and than later on today, merchandising showed Bart wearing mostly a red shirt, a lot of us don't know that he used to wear a shirt colored in blue.

derek

Pin Pal
no this definitely needed a whole thread

this is a big concern go back to pitchfork.com Mozy

duck soup

son of a BANG son of a BOOM
i had that coltrane poster, then it ripped, so i got a better one

always wondered why trane was all blue tho

MyNewUsername

Formerly known as E.A. Moz
no this definitely needed a whole thread

this is a big concern go back to pitchfork.com Mozy

I'm not being a douche or mean or anything, I'm just stating that it could have been asked in the "Questions about The Simpsons" thread. It's a great question, I'll give you that.

Dark Homer

pineapple shoes
Administrator
I'm not being a douche or mean or anything, I'm just stating that it could have been asked in the "Questions about The Simpsons" thread. It's a great question, I'll give you that.

that's for questions about the show, this is about merch and swag :jeep:

mjb1124

Junior Camper
Looking at the screencaps on Simpsons Wiki... Bart does indeed have a light blue shirt in the first Ullman short, "Good Night". Then it seems like they went through a couple different colors for the rest of season 1 - he has a green shirt in "Bart Jumps", and a pale yellow-gold shirt in "Burp Contest". But it looks like the red shirt became permanent as of the final season 1 segment, "Eating Dinner".

Status
Not open for further replies.