who is the best role model in the simpsons?

wasn't the whole point of Bart's Inner child that if everyone did whatever they wanted whenever they wanted that it'd actually be...kind of bad?

Yep. Everything ended up backfiring, and the "system" shut down.

Maggie. After all silence is golden. In "Lisa on Ice" she saved Homer and again in "Midnight Towboy" (I believe that's the title). Although she did shoot Mr. Burns, but the old man had it coming.

apu.gif

Pre marriage and kids. Actually pretty optimistic, friendly, hard-working, and happy with his life. But he will stand up to people when he needs to. Sorta funny one of the most virtuous characters in the show isn't American.

Smithers! Loyal, crazy intellectual, romantic, hard-working, the list goes on...

it's hard to choose one as most primary/secondary characters are quite flawed.

_Flanders S1-11 was a safe choice but after he lost his wife, he became quite right-wing sometimes.
_I'll add Smithers, he seems like a good person overall.
_It's hard to think of anyone else.

youonlymovetwicescorpioflamethrowerbb2.jpg

Say what you want, he accomplished a lot !
more or less. he is the greatest boss ever aside from the, you know, diabolical schemes.

Or maybe Frank Grimes, the guy who went crazy and killed himself but actually knew what he was doing at his job. ~_~

more or less. he is the greatest boss ever aside from the, you know, diabolical schemes.

Or maybe Frank Grimes, the guy who went crazy and killed himself but actually knew what he was doing at his job. ~_~

Hank Scorpio ends up seizing the East Coast, Frank Grimes ends up dead, so...
choice quickly made.

Don't compare our lord and savior Hank Scorpio to that stupid baby. I may be tempted to abuse my power.

Very Tall Man. He taught us that no matter what, if a little punk makes fun of you for being fat, for being too tall/short whatever, that you gotta teach that kid a lesson.

Of course, it didn't work for Nelson, but it was still good....

Very Tall Man. He taught us that no matter what, if a little punk makes fun of you for being fat, for being too tall/short whatever, that you gotta teach that kid a lesson.

Of course, it didn't work for Nelson, but it was still good....

Ian Maxtone Graham.

He became pathetic after "Who Shot Mr. Burns?"

Well my comment wasn't meant to be taken seriously any ways :P
Hmm I don't think there's any one on The Simpsons who is really a good role modle. They all have disgusting habbits, out of them all I'd have to say Marge. Even she has her moments where I'm like, what?

Well my comment wasn't meant to be taken seriously any ways :P
Hmm I don't think there's any one on The Simpsons who is really a good role modle. They all have disgusting habbits, out of them all I'd have to say Marge. Even she has her moments where I'm like, what?

Marge? Meh...

What's wrong with her? In classic episodes and now, she looks out for her family and trys to achive things when she wants to. She puts up with Homer a lot too. Hey you don't feel she's not a role modle that's fine, I respect that.

Marge? Meh...
why not Marge?

granted, it depends on what you think someone's "protege" would ideally be, but there's nothing wrong with taking after an Esther who will at least follow the rules and be a good citizen and neurotically bake for their family. she's painfully dumb and dull, but I don't foresee her being insolent and corrupt and very selfish and ruin things for everyone.
2nrred.jpg

it's possibly the only hope there is for a Springfieldian?

the homer from the tracy Ullman episodes and season 1 was a great role model. as previously said hes upbeat, caring and fun loving.

but i think overall the best role model is smithers, he doesent have any bad qualities. except he's completely spineless.

ned flanders shelters his kids too much, they are cotton wool kids. they get scared over a moth. and i know he pumps thier brain full of religious fanaticism making them unable to think for themselves.

Hank Scorpio was ripped off by Family Guy. He's Stewie in 40 years.

Anyway, the best role model is Ralph. He shows us that one can be happy without money ar a brain.

except the Hank Scorpio episode "you only move twice" was aired 3 years before family guy existed

*sips tea*

i forgot about apu.

i think he's a pretty good role model for kids. he is educated (degree in comp sci i believe)....he came to this country to make it. he owns a business. and he's a hard worker.

the only real flaw he has was when he cheated on manjula....but give the guy a break.... it was the squishy lady. squishy + hot chick = heaven.

also smithers is a pretty good role model, although I can see him to being maybe a tad OCD or perhaps obsessed. being devoted to malibu stacey? well I guess he reminds me of what I am like of my fandom to the simpsons. nevermind then.

I don't think Smithers is too great of a role model. He seems to be a little too obsessed over Mr. Burns and his Malibu Stacy collection. Plus, he's way too overworked, very hard on himself, and sometimes it seems like he doesn't have too much of a social life outside of work, where he doesn't have many friends (in fact, he often alienates other coworkers, like Homer). Plus, an obsession with one's elderly boss isn't exactly a good thing, mainly because it sorta seems unhealthy. Don't get me wrong, the guy's a great character, but a great role model? Not in my opinion.

Probably Moe for the guide of not what to do on dates.

And Homer for the fact you can be the dumbest student in your class and still get a good life and a cushy job.

Lisa, actually.

1. Does well in school/has a bright future ahead.
2. Well read.
3. Sticks by her beliefs (even if I don't always agree with them).
4. Has a sense of humor (same as Bart's and Homer's), even though she's a brain.

and most importantly:

She plays a mean sax. I mean, not only does she tear it up at the beginning of every episode but she can play a full range of Alto/Tenor/Baritone instruments on a single horn. That's a bigger range than Adolphe Sax (or any other Saxophonist) has ever accomplished on the instrument.

Back