Which Season Was Worse?

Old Sam

sports jokes
Seasons 11 and 12 are commonly considered to be the worst seasons...

It isn't often asked which one is worse.

Which?

(Beep)

Season 11 if not for Behind the Laughter I'd consider this season as the only season that doesn't have a classic episode (and even Behind the Laughter is overrated, and it doesn't have very good replay value IMO)

worst spleason!?!?

whats with all the 11 and 12 hubbitybub? instead, i'd definitely say 13 is the worst w/exception of Half-Decent Proposal and I am Furious Yellow.

Gummi de Milo said:
What episodes are from both seasons? I need those to compare.

I'd probably go with 12, as that's about where I started to lose interest....

go to snpp.com for reference

Season 11 Had It's Kill the alligator But season 12 had It's Simpsons Safari I think Season 11 Is worse

11 is defintely worse. 12 at least had a few funny episodes, like "Trilogy of Error" and "Worst Episode Ever". By the way, this thread seems to be a Newbie magnet...

Season 12

S12 had some okay, even good, episodes, like Skinner's Sense of Snow or Lisa the Treehugger for example.
S11 didn't have any episdes that really stood out for me, but I still enjoyed watching all of the episodes. I can only sit through a few of the S12 episodes. The rest are beyond crap, and the could ones could never hope to balance these out. So the overall S12 was better than the overall S11.

12 is actually a little underrated, IMO. Certainly they don't hold up that well on repeat viewings, but otherwise I'd say a little over half of all the episodes in that season were funny enough to enjoy them once. 11, on the other hand, was truly horrid with almost NO good episodes. The same applies to 10, which I think is generally overrated and also truly horrid.

So, I'd say 11, followed by 14, followed by 10, followed by 12.

S12 had two or three episodes that were a LOT more enjoyable than anything in S11, but it had some horrible stinkers too... I think S11 was consistently worse.

I wonder what I have it as in my sig... May be time to update.

This season

This season, the fourteenth, is beyond doubt the worst season the Simpsons has had. I saw a stat that Simpsons is the top rated show for kids 2-11. That explains a lot. Al Jean is horrendous; the show appeals simultanteously to the "regulars" who go wild over Cookie Kwan showing up again and children who giggle at the lame gags such as Homer screaming every 5 seconds.

S11 was absolute shit apart from the nice Grift Of The Magi, the reasonable Eight Misbehavin, and the AABF TOH. S12 was absolute shit apart from the TOH, Trilogy Of Error, Hungry Hungry Homer, and Insane Clown Poppy.

Re: This season

jagrmeister said:
This season, the fourteenth, is beyond doubt the worst season the Simpsons has had. I saw a stat that Simpsons is the top rated show for kids 2-11. That explains a lot. Al Jean is horrendous; the show appeals simultanteously to the "regulars" who go wild over Cookie Kwan showing up again and children who giggle at the lame gags such as Homer screaming every 5 seconds.

Well, the Scully years had Panda rape, disembowlment, Kill the Alligator and Run and Simpsons Safari. Plus Homer screamed every two seconds in the Scully era. Given the choice of watching seasons 10-12 over again, or 13-14 over again, I'd take the latter.

I'd also say that S10-S12 are NOT the seasons to show people why you like the show.

Hard question. Maybe S11 is just a tiny bit worse as it had more 100% crap episodes, but S12's bad ones were worse than S11's bad ones.

Wezzo

They were both pretty horrible, but Season 11 was worse. I know some people say they can't bring themself to saying they hate any episode of the Simpsons, but I can truly say that I hate most episodes from this season. Season 12 at least had "Lisa the Tree Hugger", "Hungry, Hungry Homer", and "Trilogy of Error". I don't think I could name 3 episodes I liked from Season 11.

Season 11. 12 may not be great but it has some episodes I enjoy -
Homer vs. Dignity, The Computer Wore Menace Shoes, HOMR, Worst Episode Ever.

Saying that though, it does contan some real bad ones -
Insane Clown Poppy, Bye Bye Nerdie, Simpson Safari, I'm Goin' to Praiseland

Re: This season

jagrmeister said:

Do two to eleven-year olds actually watch The Simpsons?

ha I actually let my 3 year old brother watch them and he loves it. Of course he never gets any jokes and he laughes at pointless things he still sits down and watches the episodes with me.

tough one... Although... I am starting to like the Mel Gibson episode due to the 50 viewings I've seen of it, Season 11 is just awful. Season 12 was just as bad. I had less fun in 12... but Season 11 just tanked on original viewing.

SEASON 11

Back