Which characters need to be recasted, killed off or phased out?

Butt-Head

Junior Camper
Marge needs to be recasted or phased out because Julie Kavner's voice is becoming atrocious. It'd also be refreshing to see Homer as a bachelor dating various women throughout many episodes.

I've heard Harry Shearer, a white man, still plays Dr. Hibbert and that conflicts with a lot of people's sensibilities. Harry Shearer is still a competent voice actor despite his age unlike Kavner and frankly I find the pigmentation (or lack thereof) in humans who voice cartoon characters irrelevant. What's the counterargument for this? Why should anyone care? Please respond without suggesting I watch "The problem With Apu"

I really think they've done all they can with the Crazy Cat Lady. They gave her a subplot in A Midsummer's Nice Dreams and she's appeared more times than I ever thought possible after Girly Edition, but I think she just feels so much more repetitive than most other Springfield residents and I've never found her all that funny to begin with.

Shauna is a good character who fills a hole the show had for years. There are very few teenagers on the show, and her larger role in recent seasons allows the writers to do some things that they couldn’t realistically do with younger characters. She might be a little bit of a stereotypical teenager, but that doesn’t bother me, and with the…advanced age of many of the writers, they surely have an easier time writing for a teenage character than child characters because their own children are older now. Shauna gets a lot of flak, and I don’t think she deserves it.

I don't think phasing out characters is that necessary. At least specific characters. If "guest-stars in general" counts then yep, definitely reduce them a lot. Otherwise I think they just need some restructuring. Like Agnes Skinner's an easy candidate for this. Originally the joke was that someone as authoritarian and imposing as Skinner was beholden to his mother's whims (or having to suck-up to Chalmers) but the problem was making every moment about that. She'd work well if Skinner was brought back to his former stature and then she could be used once in a while to reign him in or something...

Well, okay phase out Shauna. Being a lone teen girl kinda makes things worse since said teenage horniness is frequently aimed at small children, since otherwise there's only Jimbo, Dolph and Kearney and only the former interacts with her much. And that's kinda hard to come back from, let alone when she's also immune to karma. Maybe if she was defined more by Marge like her first ep being about Marge trying to mentor for her or something she'd go over at least a little better...

Marge needs to be recasted or phased out because Julie Kavner's voice is becoming atrocious. It'd also be refreshing to see Homer as a bachelor dating various women throughout many episodes.
I don’t think they are going to phased out Marge. She’s the moral Center of the Simpsons. It’s more then likely they recasted her if Julie Kavener doesn’t want to do it anymore.

I can’t think of anyone that should be recasted, phased out or killed off right now.

Well, okay phase out Shauna. Being a lone teen girl kinda makes things worse since said teenage horniness is frequently aimed at small children, since otherwise there's only Jimbo, Dolph and Kearney and only the former interacts with her much. And that's kinda hard to come back from, let alone when she's also immune to karma.

This is a point that doesn't get brought up enough. Shauna in real life would count as a child molester as she's 16 and has made out with a 10 year old, not to mention flashed him her boobs. Like you said, there is no comeback from that. Shauna is a piece of shit and so are the writers that made her do that shit.

I want Agnes Skinner to be killed, or removed, so that Director Skinner could develop in a good way!

Talking about characters that should be faded out has made me consider those characters who seem to have got phased out more and more over the years that would be nice to see have bigger parts again. Chief Wiggum is a good example and I don't remember a lot of Krusty, although I found his HD era episodes disappointing overall.

I've only seen most of the hd era episodes once so maybe I am not the most clued up, but these two as well as Mayor Quimby and Barney appear less and less in favour to secondary characters such as Comic Book Guy and the Spucklers. Always a shame Apus time got so slashed but I guess this was bound to happen with what happened in the media.

Agree with the posts on Agnes and Shauna but don't think they need to be phased out completely, just used in better ways so they don't seem so bratish

Back