What's the last video game you played?

I'm also excited to try Alan Wake 2, have just recently finished Lies of P and am big in the mood for something cinematic

I'm replaying Arkham Asylum, this time on hard. While there aren't any counter indicators, and getting spotted by armed thugs pretty much means instant death, at no point has it been so difficult as to take me out of feeling like the big bad Batman.

The atmosphere of Asylum is still incredible and it hooked me again right away, so much so that I got all the way up to the Bane boss fight and left off just after it. This game is like crack so I had to will myself to finally quit.

I'm replaying Arkham Asylum, this time on hard. While there aren't any counter indicators, and getting spotted by armed thugs pretty much means instant death, at no point has it been so difficult as to take me out of feeling like the big bad Batman.

The atmosphere of Asylum is still incredible and it hooked me again right away, so much so that I got all the way up to the Bane boss fight and left off just after it. This game is like crack so I had to will myself to finally quit.
i was about to replay it too! omg! i've wanted to replay it for a while, it has the best atmosphere of the entire arkham series. boss fights kinda suck tho, that's the only complaint

I think the boss fights are okay. I enjoyed the challenge of Bane trying to send me through a wall while Joker thugs tried to kill me at the same time, even if I did die quite a few times. My only complaint so far is the combat is a little clunky and combo chains disappear too quickly, but since it's the very first game I don't hold it against it too much.

It's the perfect time to replay the whole series. I noticed I hadn't touched any of these games in over two years so I had to rectify that. I'm looking forward to playing Origins for the very first time since I've heard a lot of great things about that one.

I've heard many times that Origins Bane is a playthrough ender on "I Am the Knight" mode... not that I'd ever choose to torture myself with that level of difficulty.

it has the superior bane boss fight....................and the best boss fights in the series
Love the Deathstroke boss fight. The Arkham series was magic. I love all four of them.

I'm currently halfway through Alan Wake II, which has been incredible - a game of true artistry. I'm on track to having played 25 games this year, my most productive one ever.

Just got started with my replay of Hollow Knight today. Got all the way to the Mantis Village before I realized I should probably stop to get some work done lmfao

It's just so easy to get yourself immersed in that game. The calming music, the fun gameplay, the brilliant worldbuilding, the creative creature design...GOD it's so fucking good. If anyone hasn't played it before, I couldn't recommend it enough, it's one of the best games I've ever played

Think the last thing I've played through properly was Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus. It's a weird, very dark-humoured game but I have so much love for it that this might be the... fifth time I've 100%'d it and I'm still nowhere near tired of it. And this was a two-disc game on ps1, it's long. I just have so much attachment to Oddworld, its weird and beautiful backgrounds, all the atmospheric settings and minimalistic yet effective music, the wonderful designs that really capture what it means to be ugly-cute... or horrific-cute and some of my favourite funny exchanges ever.

It's up there with the likes of Wario Land 2 in terms of games I consider basically perfect. And speaking of, that's one I really want to play again, if only it'd show up on the switch online library.

Oddysee's intro is still one of, if not the best opening I've seen in a game. And for 90's cg on a video game too. I think Oddworld was going to start out as a movie and boy they knew what they were doing in that case.

So I dunno if this thread only counts for things you've completed recently but Pokemon Heart Gold.

I've been thinking about remakes and how I honestly don't tend to bother with them most of the time. Usually if it's too faithful, I'm already satisfied with the original. And if they change it, it's usually for the worse, especially when it's taking out weird and cool stuff from the original (see: Mario & Luigi remakes).

But Pokemon, at least up to gen 3, really got it right. They changed things but almost always for the better. A lot of the gym leaders/villain teams are given snazzy new designs or even get a whole buncha personality injected into them and there's not just new areas but HG/SS in particular actually try and address some of the weaker parts of the base game. It's not just remaking, it's revamping. Last time I was in Violet City it wasn't just cool that the town got a makeover with a more old-timey Japanese look but even the Pokemon Center and Mart have more muted roof colours to fit in and that's just so damn cool.

Been on a FTL kick again recently which I've been coming back to every couple of years. Not just the best roguelike, not just the best indie, but I'd have a case to make that it might well be the best game period to come out in the decade that was the 2010's.

Attempting to beat every ship on hard as once I've pulled that off I think I'll finally be done with it. 26 out of 28 done so theoretically not far off, but in practice could be months of occasional runs, and maybe even more as Hard is just brutal.

So I dunno if this thread only counts for things you've completed recently but Pokemon Heart Gold.
Yes! I was huge fan of Gen 1 and 2 as a kid. Never had a Gameboy Advance or Nintendo DS growing up, but finally got my hands on a 3DS several years ago and immediately played HeartGold. Definitely the best Pokemon game I've played. It's such a polished, complete package.

It's, pun intended, the gold standard for remakes! Just recently done Bugsy and they changed him from a joke in the OG to a fight I had to restart several times. Metapod and Kakuna go from being laughable to... still extremely weak but a welcome break from Scyther's onslaught. Though maybe having just a Rattata, a Bayleef and a level 12 Slugma didn't help but boy that thing was relentless. Had to get a lucky flame body burn because I was just too stubborn to go level grind. It's amazing how much of a difference was made just by sticking Scyther in front and giving it U turn.

Did you guys have the pokewalker accessory? I loved that. Had the special surfing Pikachu from the Pikachu forest. Unfortunately you could not transfer him/her to gen v without erasing surf making it impractical to try porting. Luckily any Pikachu can surf now, as my violet dudes can attest.

I remember having 2 Pokéwalkers as I got one when I purchased HeartGold and then another when I purchased SoulSilver (although I don't remember in which order). HGSS & Platinum are honestly my favourite Main Series Pokémon Games

I think I did but I was way too paranoid about losing it to really take it anywhere. I do not trust myself with tiny accessories.

I don't think I took it anywhere myself either, at least from what I remember, although I did lose one of them unfortunately

I still have my Pokewalker. Loved it when I first got the game: getting things like Murkrow and Kanghaskhan early, pretending I’m taking my starter with me to school. Just wish those last few courses didn’t take so many watts to unlock.

Also have the Pokeball accessory that came with the Lets Go games. Had it as a keychain for a while, that thing is so dirty looking now.

Ah, I remember taking my Pokéwalker everywhere for a while, until it ran out of batteries and whatever poor creature was inside it at the time is still trapped in there all these years later. :eek:

Arkham City: I finished the game on Hard. The Catwoman vs Two-Face fight was stupidly difficult, but doable, and I got him after about 7 deaths, all caused by Catwoman's clunky movement.

The whole game is Asylum on steroids, from combat to story, and characters to puzzles. The combat in particular is like crack and I could not stop clotheslining fools with the batclaw pull once I figured out how to use it. It's such a ridiculous rush to finish a fight without breaking rhythm and never taking a hit, which got more rare in the late game because of goons with shields who are my kryptonite.

If I had one big criticism, it's that the inclusion of Catwoman is not very well done. Her missions, though few in number, kill the momentum of the story by forcing you to play as a character who is clunky, underpowered, and just plain slow (seriously, her animations take FOREVER and the map is clearly not built for her movement). But I do enjoy the choice in the late game of whether to save Batman or let him die, which is very disturbing if you pick the latter (and I pick it first every time).

Last edited:
I’ve never played a video game in my life. Just came here to say that and waste your time. See you!

Back