What's the last TV show you watched?

The season finale of I'm Dying Up Here. I hope this show comes back for a third season. It's loosely based on actual events and the comedian strike that happened in real life has started in the show's season finale.

All Aussie Adventures - Season 2, Episode 5

https://youtu.be/DVwK_Px4Oh4

All Aussie Adventures is a mockumentary series that parodies wildlife and survival experts. The first two seasons are on Youtube. A third season just started here after a 15 year hiatus.

LAST NIGHT:

Battle Bots, Martha and Snoop's Potluck Party and Gordon Ramsay's 24 Hours To Hell and Back

The Star Trek: Voyager episode "Death Wish", at least some of it last night. I'll finish watching it tonight.

Been binging through Mysticons lately. It starts out pretty generic, but it gets a little more interesting as it goes on. For one, the "bad guys" aren't out to destroy the world or anything (though we see one of them actually DOES have that kind of capability, and gets really close to it), but have a different motive in mind. Plus, it does have a bit more character depth than I expected.

Last night: Jeopardy, Robot Chicken & Harvey Birdman
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This morning: Local TV news and Match Game on GSN

sanford and son but I watch it all the time
my favorite episode is probably pot luck
honorable mentions:
tv or not tv
the light housekeeper
blood is thicker than junk
card sharps
wine, women and aunt esther

Started watching Pose. Very progressive despite its 1987 setting. It does fit into FX's "anti-hero" niche, though, for better or for worse.

Had another anime marathon shuffle night.
Kill la Kill - "If Only I Had Thorns Like a Thistle..." - 3.5/5
Food Wars! - "The Vast Wasteland" - 4/5
Aggretsuko - "A Day in the Life of Retsuko" - 4.5/5
Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water - "The Girl at the Eiffel Tower" - 4/5
Lupin the 3rd Part 2 - "The Return of Lupin III" - 4.5/5
Cowboy Bebop - "Honky Tonk Women" - 5/5
Cowboy Bebop - "Gateway Shuffle" - 5/5

Have been watching the DC Universe Titans show. It is legitimately entertaining. I'm enjoying the cast, especially Dick and Kory. I really like their versions of Hawk and Dove (also Dove is hot), as well. I'm at the point now where the team has been brought together as a group now for the first time and I'm actually excited to see them work as one. The violence seems like it may be over the top with the use of blood and such but it's not so egregious that I can't enjoy the show. I could watch Kory destroy people to disco music for the whole show.

Ratings dump...
We Bare Bears - "Yard Sale" - 4/5
The Baby-Sitters Club - "Dawn and the Secret Passage" - 5/5
Crazy Ex-Girlfriend - "I'm Making Up For Lost Time" - 4/5
Coop and Cami Ask The World - "Would You Wrather Escape?" - 4/5
BoJack HorseMan - "The BoJack HorseMan Show" - 5/5
Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug and Cat Noir - "Reverser" - 3.5/5
One-Punch Man - "The Ultimate Disciple" - 5/5
Red Oaks - "Father's Day" - 4.5/5

And my weekly stuff...
DuckTales - "Whatever Happened to Della Duck?" - 5/5
Single Parents - "Win a Lunch with KZOP's Will Cooper!" - 4/5
Black Clover - "The Promised World" - 4/5
My Hero Academia - "Kota" - 3.5/5
Pokemon - "Turning the Other Mask!" - 3/5
Big City Greens - "Cricket's Place / Volunteer Tilly" - 3.5/5 for both
Mega Man: Fully Charged - "Too Much Is Never Enough" - 4/5
Sydney to the Max - "Good Grade Hunting" - 5/5
Star vs. The Forces of Evil - "Moon Remembers / Swim Suit" - 4/5 and 3/5
Star vs. The Forces of Evil - "Ransomgram / Lake House Fever"- 4/5 and 3/5
Fast Layne - "Code Orange" - 5/5

Punky Brewster episode 6 of season 3 its a masterclass in emotional storytelling.Utilizing Punky to prove that children have feelings and aren’t souless leeches they can have friendships and care deeply about an old person while also galvanizing a community.2 Thumbs Way Up I don’t usually get the feels from scripted entertainment but I did here it truly was a tour de force of an episode.Big Props to Henry & Brandon for bringing their A game.

Queer Eye

I'm basically now everything I hated in 2012

Fleabag.

Honestly the best tv show I've seen in a while. It's definitely aimed more towards women but I adore it. Sharp, brutal and original. Its on BBC Iplayer and Netflix (i think). Can't recommend it enough if you like dark comedy.

I do. Crazy Ex-Girlfriend is essentially dark comedy.

Speaking of which, caught up yesterday, finale tonight. Can't wait!

Roseanne (seasons 1 and 2). I hadn't ever seen it, and I know she's a horrible person IRL so I was conflicted about it, but it's just ... so much better than the vast majority of recent sitcoms I've watched. Even the trans jokes are less offensive than would be average in 2019. I can laugh with (most of) the stuff on this show rather than feel attacked. Basically I'm appalled that the spirit of this show's writing hasn't seemed to be taken up much since. It started for me with a YouTuber's analysis of the show, and even the way it was ended (originally) sounds reasonable to me. I live in hope that a spinoff where Roseanne's character is dead might be good television, but I haven't seen that yet.

YMMV. I mean, I genuinely love shows like My So-Called Life, and I've seen every season of Full House literally because I couldn't look away from the trainwreck once I started. My tolerance for late-80s/early-90s entertainment might be unusually high for a 26 year old.

Back