What's the last TV show you watched?

Torrens

Stonecutter
So, what's the last TV show you watched (that isn't the Simpsons)?

(Apologies if there's another thread like this, feel free to delete or merge.)

My show I'm watching is the Shannara Chronicles, first episode. It's not great (the costumes look way too modern and machine-made, and I think they're trying a bit too hard with the post-apocalyptic scenery because no way would some of that shit still be around after 3000 or so years) but it's fun and very visually beautiful. Also Manu Bennett is killing it as Allanon and I just want to see him and Will have snarky adventures together. John Rhys-Davies just seems to be in it to add some class, but he does add it. Overall, worth a watch if you don't mind your fantasy derivative and kind of cliched in that naive pre-Game of Thrones way.

there was a thread about the last tv episode you watched, but I don't know about last show in general.

anyways, I've spent the last couple weeks catching up on the walking dead before s6 returns next week. I've said it before but walking dead is really frustrating because one week you'll have some big action, high-stakes thing going on, and then the next week will be a bunch of talking with maybe one zombie attack here and there. but, it's a decent show. it's just when it's bad, it's more boring than anything.

Been doing a Venture Bros. rewatch to get refreshed for the new season. Man, season 1 is a lot lamer and less-funny/well-written than I remember it being, especially compared to later seasons. It's annoying because my significant other gave up on it about 3 episodes in while I was trying to get them into it and now refuses to watch any more, despite my assurances that it basically has a "Bojack Moment" at the end of season 1/beginning of season 2 where things get a lot better (to draw parallels to a show they really like) and thinks I'm an idiot for saying it's a great show. Still looking forward to watching the new season and hoping it's better at least than season 5.

As for stuff I haven't seen before, I've been watching through the X-Files since aside from the entire first three seasons or so, I only saw random, sporadic episodes on TV as a kid. Now I'm in season 5. The show's definitely kind of a mixed bag at this point, we've got some amazing stuff like Musings of a Cigarette Smoking Man or that Rashomon-style episode about the vampire but on the other hand the plot device of Mulder and Scully completely failing to save anyone/stop the monster-of-the-week by the end of a given episode is becoming amusingly overused. Still got a ways to go and then I'm going to dive into Millennium and the Lone Gunmen (and maybe Harsh Realm for shits and giggles)

Last edited:
Last night I watched:

Project Runway Jr.
Lip Sync Battle
Jeopardy!
Ridiculousness
Robot Chicken
Metalocalypse

After finishing the the x-files I watched making a murderer and the jinx which were really good. I then watched the pilot to the lone gunmen. I plan to watch all of it at some point out of curiosity, especially considering it wouldn't take too long. For now though, I just finished the first season of curb your enthusiasm and I'm pretty much set on that as the show I want to continue. I've watched some random episodes in the past when friends wanted to just throw something on and I always loved it, but this is me watching it properly now. I don't know why I took so long, being such a huge seinfeld fan. I'm loving it though and I'm glad to see names like larry charles and andy ackerman in the credits. I don't know how much they contribute to the show in the future, but I remember from the commentary or notes about nothing that larry charles likes to include a gun or a sense of physical danger in his shows so I wonder from a creative standpoint if that theme will carry over here.

I can watch so many episodes of this in a sitting. Just finished "the car salesman" (the house sound had me dying :lol:) and "thor". Oh and the aamco commercial with the beep beep is something that has actually fooled me when I used to commute to college and I used to think it would get someone in an accident. Just one of those "arrived at it independently long after it's been addressed" moments.

So, last TV show I watched was the first episode of Ash vs Evil Dead.

My thoughts: Pretty solid opening for a new series, I liked the new characters and I especially liked how Kelly didn't take Ash's atrocious attempts at picking her up (and Ash's line about which hand when she twisted his arm behind his back was genuinely LOL-worthy). I liked that the series blended the goofiness of ED 2 and AoD with the more serious elements of the first film and the 2013 sequel/reboot (speaking of which, I'm seriously disappointed that that never got a follow up, I'm hoping something will happen on the show, maybe).

Overall the Evil Dead series feels more conductive to a movie series or a miniseries but if they can work multiple GOOD seasons out of this material, ok then.

LAST NIGHT: Team Ninja Warrior on Esquire...it was the ONLY decent thing on @ 8 PM!

Also watched: Junk Food Flip on Food Network and, of course, Jeopardy!

Family Matters: Man's Best Friend 7.4/10

Much better than the boring pilot and a bit better than Laura's Date (the other episodes I've watched). The show is still trying to find its footing, but I enjoyed this one at least. The first half is arguably the best, with the family getting a new dog but Carl not being informed about it since he forbids pets in the house. The inventive gag creativity with everyone else trying (poorly) to hide the dog is not really quality humor, but pretty funny. My favorite is when their friend Rachel Crawford pretends they are just listening to music, but then have to "prove" it by singing themselves since no music is actually on. This is a clever joke both because the excuse is so on-the-spot and not delivered believably, and also because if everyone are singing, then who is listening? Carl being unaware he's eating dog snacks but turning out to like them was good too. However, there's no doubt that the highlights are the scenes with Urkel (except maybe the last one, wasn't really all that funny). I just... love this character. He's such an idiot, but so cute at the same time. He's in the second half too, thankfully. Anyway, I'm having a good time, although I will say that when Carl finds out about the dog, it starts to slowly lose steam. It's nice to see Carl finally bond with the dog (and use it to chase Steve away), but it's an overused trope that the dog likes the owner but is fierce towards everyone else. It also makes no sense. Didn't they take care of the dog first? Guess Robert Blair made it that way to advance the plot, but I wish it would have gone a far less predictable route. And also, the ending (and this is also a problem with the other aforementioned episodes) is way too sappy. Not as noticeably so this time around, but they had such a good shot at a strong emotional moment and blew it with the typical "family talk" at the sofa. Urkel didn't really save the ending with his ant farm either, since that was my least favorite Urkel moment.

It's a solid decent/all right episode, just doesn't get along the lines of "good". I'll give this show more chances, but I'm starting to think I should skip ahead to season 2 soon.

Vivan Los Ninos...it's a Spanish children's soap opera about these 2nd grade kids and their teacher: it reminds me of 'The Little Rascals' because of all the mishaps the kids get themselves into.

my friends and I started s1 of nurse Jackie and I have no idea what to make of it. it's alright I guess?

I just saw that the library has a couple seasons of Degrassi: The Next Generation. a few years ago that was my shit, I watched it everyday on teennick, so I'm seriously tempted to check them out

I did a major tv rewatch last year so this year I've only seen the original futurama run, as well ass Home Movies, the first few seasons of the venture bros and the first two seasons of arrested development

Haha, that's random, my answer is Hey Arnold as well. I picked up that complete series boxset for $20 recently and have been randomly rewatching them as I exercise. Just finished Helga on the Couch.

Also been watching a ton of House of Cards lately.

I think I had an episode of American Dad on in the background recently that I was sorta half-watching. Honestly I haven't properly watched any TV in a while.

Watching some anime stuff now and after that i'm planning too start watching Walking Dead.

Episode 7 of "One Punch Man"
I'm really getting into this as its being serialized on adult swim.. I know i can just go online and find out more, but i'd rather wait and find out stuff like the original viewers had to.

I rented the couple seasons of Degrassi they have here at the library and just got done watching "heat of the moment."

it's not as good as it was when I first watched it, but it's still entertaining. first watching, I was still in high school, so the stories meant more to me then. but like I said, it's still entertaining. you really have to watch them in order, I forgot how much continuity and references and whatnot they make to previous episodes.

No Stranger Things thread? Dang.

It was a big deal, but for a good reason: fun, gripping and really did well recreating the films and shows of the 1980s, and flipping them on their ear. Not super sophisticated entertainment, but just an incredibly enjoyable watch. Loved those damn kids, Hopper was such a great Indiana Jones-esque character and I liked Steve coming back around.

Not a huge fan that it's continuing, but the plans for S2 as a big sequel are interesting at least. Would've preferred an anthology series much like American Horror Story.

I was watching 'Too Cute' on Discovery Family until my mail arrived....then I left because I got an internet survey check.

Back