What's the best season?

the best season is yet to come!! stay tuned for simps season i dont remember which one comes now

Jokes aside. Well we all know it's difficult to talk from an objective perspective when it comes to the personal analysis of the quality of a (media) product, so I'm gonna answer considering my own preferences regarding tastes (not necessarily related to quality), my own conception and perception of quality and the social reception and reputaiton of the episodes...

I will go with season 2 as the best one, second place for season 3.

I'm gonna have to say season 6, I think all of the episodes have great writing while also being consistently funny.
(except for the clip show, obviously)

I guess I'm the only one who likes the clip show. What little new material there is in this episode seems funny enough to me and everything related to Homer and Marge at the end seems genuinely sweet. I guess I also have a fondness for it thanks to the fact that I watched this episode first before the other episodes from which they borrow the clips :b

It's a toss up between 2, 3 and 4 depending on my mood. I usually go with 4 though.

I would still go with season 7, mainly as I feel it has the best mix of well-written episodes (both funny, dramatic & heartfelt) and many of them being some of the series' best and that often absurdist Oakley & Weinstein style is great, making for a lot of clever moments & jokes throughout, but it is often that earnest, down to earth emotional content that really seals the deal. I'd say that 6 is second (or can alternate as #1), having the same colorful mix of great and fun episodes.

Last edited:
Season 4. There's something in that season completley unmatched by any other season. It's like magic. Season 6 is basically tied with 4. Every episode is perfect... sigh, we need some of the old writers back on board.

Back