What would your ideal Simpsons game be?

I'd like to see an updated Virtual Spingfield (i.e. with better graphics, more characters and locations, etc) with missions based on certain episodes (for example, in Marge Be Not Proud, you play as Bart, and you have to keep Marge from finding out about the attempted theft).

an earthbound/mother-ish RPG featuring bart, lisa, milhouse, and nelson, with some time travel stuff where we get to explore springfield in different eras

Hmm, well, maybe a game similar to the original simpsons arcade game, (prefferably nothing like the newer simpsons game) but with character development for the four main characters, with not so much focus on the humor.

The gameplay would be simple, but fast paced, and not with anything repetitive, like having to spend too much time, beating up a single enemy that isn't even a boss, or having to go through a collectathon.

It's a bit hard to think of my ideal simpsons game, givin my ideas or prefences can change.

an earthbound/mother-ish RPG featuring bart, lisa, milhouse, and nelson, with some time travel stuff where we get to explore springfield in different eras

YES.

Or better yet, just remake Chrono Trigger with The Simpson characters.

Treehouse Of Horror: The Game

Ideally, 63+ levels of playing every THOH short in order. Whenever the story allows it, a co-op option will be available, and for the more obscure shorts like The Raven, the game will go into a more creative format like perhaps a puzzle?

A Sims game set in Springfield would do me ^_^
I think it'd be fun to befriend people like Kent Brockman or whatever, and perhaps once you befriend members of the community, you unlock several missions for them.

with missions based on certain episodes (for example, in Marge Be Not Proud, you play as Bart, and you have to keep Marge from finding out about the attempted theft).

That's spot-on to what I thought "The Simpsons Game" from 2007 was going to be like or, rather, I wanted it to be like. I imagined that you played through all the episodes and went through the plot as the central character(s). I was wrong, unfortunately. That's probably still my "ideal" Simpsons game if there ever was one.

"Hit & Run" was the first game I actually played (missions, I mean -- as a littler kid in the late '90s/early '00s I often just played and had others do the missions to get me ahead :P) and I enjoyed it utmost. I'd like a "Hit & Run 2" but I doubt that will happen. I should try to find my old copy.

I guess this fragment should be able to deliver a short little rhythm-action game.

homer.gif

I agree with the new Virtual Spingfield idea, with episodes as missions. Or even at the least, if it were filled with countless references to episodes like the original, I'd be very happy. If it were just like the original Virtual Springfield, where you move around town as yourself, maybe there could be some character customisation or something like that.

i heard they were going to make a sequel to the first, but they scrapped that idea (don't remember why though)

Devs were moved on to Dante's Inferno instead.

And, I'd basically like an awesome sequel to Hit & Run. Bigger world, better graphics, better missions. Basically, just expand on the original. It was so good but could have been even more of a classic.

Does anybody remember the old GameBoy color game 'Treehouse of Horror'? That was amazing!

In terms of my ideal Simpsons game.. I think the movie storyline would make a good game! Thoughts?

Does anybody remember the old GameBoy color game 'Treehouse of Horror'? That was amazing!

In terms of my ideal Simpsons game.. I think the movie storyline would make a good game! Thoughts?

Hey, I played that game! The levels are really complex.

Anyway, I think my ideal Simpsons game is one where every level is based off of an episode, and each season is a world. For example, in the Bart the Daredevil level, you would have to jump over the Springfield Gorge as Bart. Or, in a level based off of 500 Keys, you would play as Lisa, and have to find out the mystery of the school by finding the hidden key (there are clue cubes in the levels). There could be random trivia questions scattered throughout, too, and multiple character cameos.

The bosses would be:
World One- Ms. Botz
World Two- Kang and Kodos
World Three- Fat Tony
World Four- Lyle Lanley
World Five- Sideshow Bob
World Six- Herman
World Seven- Lard Lad
World Eight- Frank Grimes
World Nine- Sgt. Seymour Skinner
World Ten- Giant Tree Lizard
World Eleven- Meat Hook (gang leader)
World Twelve- Francine the Bully
World Thirteen- Snake Jailbird
World Fourteen- Frank Grimes Jr
World Fifteen- Killhammed Aieee
World Sixteen- Blinky Whale
World Seventeen- Sideshow Bob's Family
World Eighteen- Dark Stanley
World Nineteen- Julia
World Twenty- Evil Leprechaun
World Twenty-one- Sideshow Bob (With Walt Warren's face)
World Twenty-two- Dr. Zander

Just some ideas.

Simpsons sandboxish styled game. 3rd person view. Which features missions from the seasons in chronological order.

Preety much an open-world adventure-esque game like Zelda with GTA-style driving elements, a Revamped combat system with the ability to use melee weapons like Crowbars & Mallets & firearms like Ray Guns (no actual projectile-based weaponry), along with the ability to play as every member of the Simpson family and even secondary characters for brief moments.

something like simpsons hit and run and the sims. It would be fun to take over any character or make yourself as a character in springfield. they need to find a way to make it enjoyable without combat. the combat in simpsons hit and run and the simpsons game always felt so forced.

I would like to the Simpsons most hit character and the most amazing character in the
Springfield and this is which i want.

A Sims game set in Springfield would do me ^_^
I think it'd be fun to befriend people like Kent Brockman or whatever, and perhaps once you befriend members of the community, you unlock several missions for them.

I think that would be my sort if ideal game too. It could be quite interesting especially if the missions you unlock give you points or whatever. Maybe a simpsons survival game would also be Interesting.

Tron-asize Springfield
Bart & Lisa's DIY fanzine pagemaker software
Cooking Mamma (Marge version)

For me it would be kind of like a sims game and virtual Springfield mixed together, you would get to create the main character and live out your life as him. While

you are your character you can choose to change to main characters (the five main Simpson family members) and do missions (based on real episodes) while doing

these missions you can switch to non-main characters (like Nelson, Milhouse, Fat Tony, and so on). Throughout the game as you advance you can play as non-main

characters to do main missions, but as hit game parodies (like if you are playing as Fat Tony it could parody a grand theft auto game). When you beat the game you

can do special missions to get only in game animated Simpsons shorts. Probably my ideal game

Back