What should a potential second Simpsons Movie revolve around?

Michael Whiteacre

Junior Camper
I think the plot can revolve around having Homer Simpson, Marge Simpson-Bouvier, Selma Bouvier, Barney Gumble, Milhouse Van Houten, Nelson Muntz, Chief Wiggum, Brandine Spuckler, Moe Szyslak, Krusty the Clown, Cecil Terwilliger and Officer Lou, and maybe Patty Bouvier, Sideshow Bob, Lenny Leonard, Carl Carlson, Kent Brockman, Arnie Pye and Seymour Skinner all end up getting transformed into zombies leading to an outbreak that's caused by a lethal, faulty Big Pharma-esque drug that only wound up hurting the aforementioned victims and turned them into undead zombies afflicted by a virus curse.

Then all of the zombified victims run and attack/destroy Springfield buildings like Krusty Burger, Springfield Elementary School, The Simpson Household, Flanders Household, Springfield Nuclear Power Plant, Kwik-E-Mart and other prominent places to be found and destroyed.

As for who to build the movie sequel around, I would center the movie around Bart and Jenda as the top two protagonists who will be joined by Lisa Simpson, Grampa Abe Simpson, Professor Frink, Ned Flanders, Reverend Lovejoy, Martin Prince and later Krusty, Cecil and Moe after the three become the first to be restored back to normal by Flanders' prayers. After saving Moe, Lou and Cecil, boss battles will ensue and that Bart must get through Patty, Bob, Lenny, Carl, Kent, Arnie and Skinner as standard boss battles prior to them becoming zombies as soon as Brandine, Krusty, Milhouse, Chief Wiggum, Barney and Nelson all eventually get saved by film's end, leaving Homer as the last remaining zombie that needs to be saved.

Because Mr. Burns and Waylon Smithers have both been watered down as antagonists, it's decided that Homer, Marge, Selma and a newly zombified Patty (after being defeated by Bart and Jenda) will be an evil four person band to serve as the second movie's top antagonists. Have Moe, Lou, Cecil, Brandine, Krusty, Milhouse, Chief Wiggum, Nelson and Barney get rescued and seek clinical treatment to help them cope with regret of their unintentional actions brought on by the influence of the virus caused by a faulty Big Pharma-like drug, and they eventually join Bart's party. After failing to rescue Homer, Marge and Selma, Flanders is eventually consumed by his anger for failing to rescue all of the citizens and reverts back to throwing his Hurricane Neddy-like temper tantrums and becomes evil to the dismay of Bart, Lisa and Lovejoy, and thus Flanders is kicked out of Bart's party for his temper tantrums and takes Moe, Cecil and a newly reanimated Seymour Skinner with him, leaving Lovejoy to have to carry the kids alone.

Cool moments will include Bart, Jenda, Martin and Lisa undergoing training exercise under the guidance of Moe, Frink, Flanders and Lovejoy, with some classic Bart quotes added in for laughs.

The ultimate payoff will be a Shades Of Grey-esque three-way feud between Bart and his party (the true good guys), Flanders and his party (the chaotic neutral guys) plus Homer and his zombified party (the evil guys), all stemming from Homer's and Marge's massive grudges against Springfield and the town's lack of appreciation for the two when both were still living and alive. The only way the zombie saga could end once and for all is if Bart, Flanders and Homer fight each other to the death in a three-way duel. Bart eventually gets the upper hand, and Homer dies, while Marge, Selma and Patty are restored to normal. Flanders is under arrest for his brand of chaos, so he and Skinner are brought to trial for their crimes. Because Flanders and Skinner both had to plead guilty in court, they are both sentenced to life imprisonment with Springfield Elementary School closing down briefly before Superintendent Chalmers doubles up as Superintendent and Principal, while Flanders is ordered by the court not to set foot in Springfield Church ever again. Skinner goes to a regular prison and ends up getting ambushed by prison inmates Jimbo, Kearney and Dolph as retribution for all the times Skinner screwed them over school tests, while Flanders gets taken to a private prison in isolation where he is given around-the-clock 24/7 supervision treatment.

Moe and Cecil are not held culpable for their part in Flanders' party since Flanders was out of his depth. Lovejoy officiates Homer's funeral with Bart, Jenda, Lisa, Martin, Moe, Cecil, Lou, Brandine, Krusty, Milhouse, Chief Wiggum, Nelson, Barney, Selma, Patty and Marge in attendance as they are all in a state of mourning, feeling grief and regret that Homer couldn't be saved and rescued, and wish he too could've been saved. Moe, Barney, Lenny and Carl cherish the days when Homer used to spend time at Moe's Tavern for drinks every time after he finishes work (his day job at the Power Plant). Marge misses him the most, and she ends up crying/sobbing uncontrollably with Patty and Selma uncharacteristically caring for their sister and both Patty and Selma sob as well when they realize that they feel regretful in regards to treating Homer like a joke and treat him very poorly.

Homer's pink family sedan is given to Patty and Selma per aftermath, along with the Flanders household being given to Patty and Selma as Flanders is already in prison lockdown, and Rod & Todd get taken by Child Protection Services due to the actions of their father. As a result of CPS being involved, Rod and Todd denounce their Christianity and spend the rest of their lives without their father around.

Last edited:
I do not like any of this. Maybe for a weird Treehouse of Horror, but even then it's very meh.

I don't know what I have in mind for another movie. I don't even think I'd like to see another movie. I feel like the movie fits in nicely with the series and the series has been around for so long that it's series finale should be its series finale.

If they were to make another one, I would like to see Burns and Smithers has the villains. The movie lacked Burns and Smithers, which is fine for the movie, the movie was giving us something new. Burns and Smithers are typically used in antagonists roles anyway. It's still ashame how little Burns and Smithers got to do. Especially Smithers. I love Smithers.

Also, I would like to see Skinner, Krabappel (I know, never gonna happen), Apu, Martin, Patty, Selma, and really so many others characters have a big role.

I love the movie. I feel like the only problem it had was that there have been so many characters in it's long runs that it'd be impossible to have a good story AND include every single secondary character.

I do not like any of this. Maybe for a weird Treehouse of Horror, but even then it's very meh.

I don't know what I have in mind for another movie. I don't even think I'd like to see another movie. I feel like the movie fits in nicely with the series and the series has been around for so long that it's series finale should be its series finale.

If they were to make another one, I would like to see Burns and Smithers has the villains. The movie lacked Burns and Smithers, which is fine for the movie, the movie was giving us something new. Burns and Smithers are typically used in antagonists roles anyway. It's still ashame how little Burns and Smithers got to do. Especially Smithers. I love Smithers.

Also, I would like to see Skinner, Krabappel (I know, never gonna happen), Apu, Martin, Patty, Selma, and really so many others characters have a big role.

I love the movie. I feel like the only problem it had was that there have been so many characters in it's long runs that it'd be impossible to have a good story AND include every single secondary character.

What do you like about Ned Flanders becoming a villain by reverting back to his Hurricane Neddy roots where he turned out to be an ill-tempered man? Being ill-tempered would make Ned go against Christianity and take Moe, Cecil and Skinner away from Bart, Jenda and their group clique.

And the part where Flanders and Skinner go to trial for their crimes after Homer's death, and a jury would unanimously declare Flanders and Skinner guilty for their respective brand of crimes. Skinner goes to a regular prison and has to withstand torment from Jimbo, Kearney and Dolph, while Flanders goes to a private prison under constant supervision, lockdown and around the clock treatment.

I think a good Christmas special movie would be awesome, they really nailed it with Simpsons Roasting On An Open Fire even back then and I think all their Christmas episodes have been solid. The advantage of this is there's always a good story to tell around Christmas time and I think the writers of the show would really come up with something so good!! So I'd like to see this big time!! :)

There's like no chance that a second movie gets made, but if it's somehow greenlit, I've always figured the plot should be something involving Sideshow Bob as the main villain in his final, terrifying attempt to destroy the entire world.

I think a good Christmas special movie would be awesome, they really nailed it with Simpsons Roasting On An Open Fire even back then and I think all their Christmas episodes have been solid. The advantage of this is there's always a good story to tell around Christmas time and I think the writers of the show would really come up with something so good!! So I'd like to see this big time!! :)
A Simpsonized take on National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation would be a delight in my books.

Hell, I honestly wouldn't complain if they simply took Holidays of Future Passed as a template for a film and simply expanded it out to feature-length.
It still stands as the best series finale this show is likely to see and most of the people they'd bring in to a theatre to see it likely have not been exposed to it.

The nice thing about a thematically-tuned film - like a Christmas movie - is that it provides a hook to get people to catch it in theatres (because the novelty of the Simpsons on the big screen isn't going to be enough for an encore) and it would serve as solid counter-programming to the annual Disney-backed blockbuster.

There's like no chance that a second movie gets made, but if it's somehow greenlit, I've always figured the plot should be something involving Sideshow Bob as the main villain in his final, terrifying attempt to destroy the entire world.

While I would like Bob to be heavily involved in the plot, I think that him wanting to destroy the world would be over the top. He threatened it once before (Last Gleaming) but he hasn't shown any desire to do something like that again so why would he this time?

I can rather see him teaming up with maybe Mr. Burns to do something dastardly that sparks the plot (we've never had these two interact so I think it could be pretty interesting) or maybe a bad guy gathering could be something? Either that or bring in Hank Scorpio (whom I think could be an even better bad guy), though it may be too much of a repeat with another Albert Brooks villain.

A second Simpsons movie would need to do something spectacular, it must be more than just being a very long episode. I'd say a 2nd movie would be the perfect way to end the show and maybe transition into a spinoff show where the kids will be grown up. I would like to see the movie being mostly centered around the family as one last adventure, with the rest of Springfield being mixed in.

As for the story I imagine something like making Mr. Burns the villain where he goes back to his roots and seeks for more power, to the point that it causes all of Springfield to be destroyed due to him unleashing some kind of new power he created. This causes a lot of panick and chaos in the town where the whole Simpson family end up being split up, fleeing into different directions. Most of the movie will focus on individual Simpson members who have their own little adventure trying to find each other back, with some of the secondary charscters coming into screen accompanying them. Bart's plot could be where Sideshow Bob tries to kill him, but at the end feels remorse and instead helps him finding his family. The last act could be a final showdown towards Mr. Burns where all of Springfield has gathered back to the ruins of what was once Springfield, and then they find out Burns is about to die of old age who wanted to do one final act of trying to find a soruce of immortality. He sacrificed the town by doing so but eventually feels remorse in doing so. With his plan now foiled, the last we see is him passing away as he apologizes for everything he has ever done to Springfield. Following with a very emotional scene with Smithers.

After that the final scene shows several time jumps as Springfield is being rebuilt, where the kids get older and bigger. Both Homer and Marge notice how fast they are growing in a sudden and that ''their time to shine on the screen'' is about to come. Implying that they will get a spinoff show after the movie.

A Simpsonized take on National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation would be a delight in my books.

Hell, I honestly wouldn't complain if they simply took Holidays of Future Passed as a template for a film and simply expanded it out to feature-length.
It still stands as the best series finale this show is likely to see and most of the people they'd bring in to a theatre to see it likely have not been exposed to it.

The nice thing about a thematically-tuned film - like a Christmas movie - is that it provides a hook to get people to catch it in theatres (because the novelty of the Simpsons on the big screen isn't going to be enough for an encore) and it would serve as solid counter-programming to the annual Disney-backed blockbuster.

Yeah, I'm not massively familiar with National Lampoon but I hear you on this, I think that a Christmas movie would be awesome because it does create a lot of chance for emotion too simply cause of the time of year, plus Christmas movies always look beautiful too, specially in animation, it'd look amazing on Blu Ray.

Also, the good thing about this is there is a chance that the movie would get played for years at Christmas so The Simpsons would always be around more (not that they wouldn't anyway but you get my point), be awesome to have a Simpsons Christmas Special movie on each year and it would also tie back with where they first started too, so it's a nice connection.

Plus it'll also be a bit different as opposed to having just a Simpsons 2 movie, this could also save some criticism the show might get from people who will say 'They shouldn't have made another movie', which you know people will say.

I think it would be awesome to do it this way.

Unless it's made so far in the future that it is filmed in a different solar system, chances are it will revolve around the sun.

Back