what season will be your final purchase

Walid

Executive Vice President
what will the last season you buy be? i seriously doubt anyone here will buy every season of the show, give or take a couple members (You know who you are). hell, some people have already stopped at 10/11 i think.

i'm probably going to stop after season 19. I'm definitely getting 14-16, and i haven't seen 17-18 in a while. and for some reason i really enjoyed season 19. i don't plan on getting 20+, but i may rent them sometime to see if the bonus features are any good (and i mean, there are some episodes from these seasons i enjoy).

so, when is your stopping point going to be? or have you already stopped buying the dvds?

I'm just gonna get 'em all, I want to complete the collection. I might watch the season 56 DVD in the very distant future.

Unless the next 3 seasons are completely awful/unwatchable(to me even), or they take soooooooo long to be released that no one even uses DVD anymore, and assuming they stop at 25 seasons? All 25.

Well I'm kind of joking. I doubt I will buy seasons 16 and 17. Maybe 17...

EDIT: You know what, nevermind. I probably will buy those just for the sake of collecting them.

you can buy any season you want, i was just kinda surprised that there are more people willing to buy every season of the show then i thought.

I might watch the season 56 DVD in the very distant future.

do it, i hear the commentaries for this season are very informative

or they take soooooooo long to be released that no one even uses DVD anymore

not going to upgrade to blu-ray, raspberry?

I'm totally serious though. For as bad as the last 6(ish) seasons are considered by most I still enjoy them more than enough to buy the dvds.

not going to upgrade to blu-ray, raspberry?

Oh I suspect I will eventually, but I don't see the point at the moment as I don't even have an hd tv....the only seasons I would get on blu-ray are 20 plus anyway though, unless they stop making dvd editions before they even get to 20's re-release.

Currently, I own seasons one through ten, and then twelve. For a long time I refused to buy season eleven because of how awful I think it is. Season eleven is no doubt the worst Scully season if you ask me. However, while I still feel that same way, I'm thinking about buying season eleven. Simply for the fact that I've watched all the seasons I own so many times, I'm craving to watch different episodes on DVD that I haven't seen in a long time. So maybe when I get enough money I'll finally buy it. I highly highly doubt I'll change my opinion; it'll be more just for entertainment purposes rather than actual care in the show.

Anyways, I think season fourteen might be my last purchase. I don't remember much about it though...season fifteen is a bad bad season, don't remember much about sixteen....Well, I still need to buy season thirteen. Who knows, after I buy thirteen and fourteen, I might be done with buying 'em.

I'm going up to season 15, as I believe the show ends after 'Simple Simpson'. I might get season 16 if I grow restless from some kind of Simpson DVD buyers withdrawl.

Well I still have to get more classic seasons on dvd first. Then I'll probably get one or some of the Scully seasons, and most of the early-Jean seasons. I'll probably stop at 15 though. Maybe 16 at a strech.

15/16.

But I have no interest in purchasing 11, 12, 13, or 14, or anything after 16.

Last edited:
I think this internet meme says it best:

83a7c0c7-07d3-49f5-99e2-16eecfafeaa1

shame me, but i only own 3-7

i had 10 at one point but it was such an awful waste of shelf space that i eventually sold it

I stopped buying after season 10, don't get me wrong, I still watch new Simpsons episodes to this day but I dont really care to have the ability to rewatch post classic Simpsons whenever I want. I don't really plan on buying any more seasons of the show, of course if there is ever a second movie I'd buy that. I own over 200 episodes of Simpsons on dvd and am quite happy with that.

I'll buy them all. But I'll buy all 20 seasons of Law and Order too...

Back