What movies do you like to watch or plan on watching around Halloween...

Favourite horror subgenre

• Possession movies

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ghosts

• Thriller

• Torture

• Zombie movies

• Horror comedies

• Total voters

LukeMM95

Edgy McEdgeEdge
With Halloween coming up, I've been getting back into checking out horror movies. I'm not really a big fan of the genre but I like to check how some scary movies anyway to get into the Halloween spirit. Anyway, since I'm pretty green when it comes to the genre, I've been mostly checking out old slasher flicks, like Friday the 13th and the Halloween sequels. So here's my list of movies to watch this year:

- All the Halloween movies (excluding remakes): I've seen the first two before and I make sure to watch them back to back on Halloween night. This time though, I'll be checking out the other sequels.
- Friday the 13th (and possible sequels): I just recently watched the original and found it to be a little goofy at times but still satisfying. I've heard some bad thing about the sequels, but that kind of makes me want to check them out.
- A Nightmare on Elm Street & sequels: As I'm writing this, I've only seen the original and the third movie. I really liked the original but I found 3 to be bitter-sweet. I plan on checking out the others soon.
- Alien (and maybe Aliens): I love this movie as while it's never truly been frightening to me, it's creepy atmosphere and superb direction just makes the film a joy to watch. I might watch Aliens also, though that film isn't really a horror movie.
- The Evil Dead Trilogy: I've seen these two before but I love them, especially the original. I've always found that there's something unsettling about low budget horror movies and the Evil Dead is one of the best examples. The sequel is good too but I don't love it the way many other fans do. Army of Darkness may be my favourite of the series just because of how silly and quotable it is.
- Dawn of the Dead (1978): The best zombie film there is, simple as that.

So what movies are you guys watching?

I am generally not a fan of horror films... But I do enjoy many of the films based on Steven King works, if you can call them horror films. Does The Shining count? Because if so, that is absolutely my first choice for Halloween viewing.

I am generally not a fan of horror films... But I do enjoy many of the films based on Steven King works, if you can call them horror films. Does The Shining count? Because if so, that is absolutely my first choice for Halloween viewing.
Of course the Shining counts. I too may give it a rewatch for Halloween.

Just the films I always watched on The Disney Channel as a kid, like the Halloweentown films and the mummy film.

- Friday the 13th (and possible sequels): I just recently watched the original and found it to be a little goofy at times but still satisfying. I've heard some bad thing about the sequels, but that kind of makes me want to check them out.

i actually feel like friday the 13th parts 3-5 are the peak of the series. certainly part 3 is the best

While they seem kinda odd, I'm still curious on the sequels of A Nightmare On Elm Street (with the exception of the Friday The 13th-crossover and remake), so maybe I'll check them out eventually.
I also want to see the first three Friday The 13th-movies. The first one is probably just classic since it's the first one, the second has a interesting plot and the third...
Well, the third doesn't seem that good, but I just want to see at least one movie of the series where Jason wears his hockey mask.
Then, I also want to see some of the more intellectual horrors, like Carrie and some other movies. I also want to re-watch One Point O. I just fucking loved that movie and want to go through the bizzare experience it was once again.

"My Bloody Valentine" seems fun. Maybe I'll check it out.
I also plan on seeing "The Dentist" and maybe the sequel to it, which is probably pretty much the same thing anyway.

Gotta be honest. I've never seen a horror movie. Can somebody recommend me one that's not too scary?

Gotta be honest. I've never seen a horror movie. Can somebody recommend me one that's not too scary?

Jaws - Maybe it's a little scary of you have a phobia for sharks, but if not, it should be fine.
The Thing From Another World - An absolute classic, you have to see it.
The Fly (1958) - Brilliant horror movie, and has one of the best endings of one I've seen.
Alien - Fantastic suspenseful movie, it might be scary, but mostly it just has a creepy atmosphere.
Rubber - Not really a horror movie, but just funny as hell.
The Evil Dead - It's a little spooky, but at the same time pretty funny.
De Lift - As silly as it is, it actually is spookier than you might expect.

Last edited:
The best Friday the 13th movies are I, II, and Jason Takes Manhatten.

I always have to watch the Halloween movies or AT LEAST I, II, and IV. I generally always skip Season of the Witch, they really should have released it as a stand-alone movie and not included that ANNOYING AS FUCK Silver Shamrock song.

I haaavvvveee to watch Hocus Pocus, it's not Halloween without it.

I always have to watch Clue, because my girlfriend and I made a tradition out of trick or treating, then coming home to her place to watch it. It will always remind me of popcorn balls and candy apples and pumpkins and costumes.

I also watch all the THOHs I own.

After that's it's just whatever horror movies and Halloween specials are available to me.

I usually just end up watching various horror movies, nothing particular. But I always watch a lot of THOH's, the invader Zim Halloween special and all the homestarrunner halloween specials.

Even though they're predictable, I like the slasher genre of horror. Scream in particular, because of the mask the killer wears.

Last Halloween, I stayed up all night to watch the Cowboy Bebop movie, which I heard was a Halloween episode. I found out after watching it that it wasn't that Halloweenish, so immediately after I watched The Shining.

Good fucking god, I've never seen a film that's so frightening and yet so chock full of symbolism. I'm usually no fan of horror movies, but I think I'm going to watch it again this year. That or Alien.

The Evil Dead - It's a little spooky, but at the same time pretty funny.
Maybe for a veteran horror fan, but not for a noobie who doesn't want to see anything "too scary".
@<b><a href="http://www.nohomers.net/member.php?u=19662" target="_blank">Kid Poe</a></b> If you want to check out the Evil Dead, be aware that it's a very, very gruesome movie and was BANNED in certain countries for some time.

I always have to watch the Halloween movies or AT LEAST I, II, and IV. I generally always skip Season of the Witch, they really should have released it as a stand-alone movie and not included that ANNOYING AS FUCK Silver Shamrock song.

I don't think I've ever had a set list of movies or TV specials so to speak, but I certainly wouldn't mind delving back into the Nightmare on Elm Street or Halloween movies. Would probably fire in the Scream and Saw movies too.

I know one thing for sure though, I'll be watching a decent amount of THOH episodes as well as the Beavis and Butt-Head Halloween Special.

all the homestarrunner halloween specials.

Oh, that reminds me, I should really play that old Halloween game "Halloween Potion-ma-jig" again.

normally AMC plays the Halloween movies and some Friday the 13th marathons which I enjoy this time of year
also The Shining cuz it rocks any time of year

I'll be checking out the Hammer marathon TCM runs every year. Plus I'll try to fit in some Friday the 13th and NOES flicks.

Others that I like to watch are the classic Universal Monster series, Halloween, Ghostbusters I and II.

Last edited:
Back