What if The Yellow Album had singles?

AaronReturn2005

Junior Camper
Everyone knows it wasn't as big as Sing The Blues, right? While it does have good cuts (such as Twenty-Four Hours A Day and Hail To Thee Kamp Krusty), I'm surprised over that fact, right? (maybe it was issued to compete with SITKOS)

In my opinion, both My Name Is Bart which was possibly removed from the album on Prince's request, but in this context would be retained and The Ten Commandments Of Bart would've been the singles (as with Sing The Blues). The video for MNIB would've been a straight-forward parody of the original My Name Is Prince video, with Kent Brockman in the role of the newsreader and Bart wearing his "gangsta" clothes.

Update: My Name Is Bart was actually the first song recorded for that album, created with Prince's permission. It was on a near-final config of the Yellow Album but got removed due to it being older than the rest.

The Yellow Album would get more praise, and with My Name Is Bart on the final list, be brought by more people. The Ten Commandments Of Bart would get to No. 5, but I doubt it would get higher in the UK as Deep Deep Trouble and Do The Bartman.

I think the cover of "Sisters Are Doin' It for Themselves" would totally make a single.
Absolutely agreed! Ann Wilson is one of my favorite female singers, and I was a Heart fan! A crossover between Lisa and Ann Wilson was great! This should definitely be successful, even though it was sped up for some reason. But who cares? It's satisfying!

Back