What if The Simpsons started using hashtags in dialogues?

Robotics

魔女旅人
The writers are so obsessed with being up-to-date, why haven't they started using hashtags?

or am i giving them too many ideas.

Financial Panther

Shauna stan
Global Moderator
Oh dear god. If they do that, I'm going to find the episode's writer and THIS POST HAS BEEN CENSORED DUE TO THREATENING LANGUAGE.

Dobbie

---
Could have sworn I saw the hashtags in an episode?

Personally I'm surprised they don't talk in text speak at this point!

Walid

Executive Vice President
if they did it once as a gag it would be stupid and unfunny

if, god forbid, that became something that happened more than once, that would probably be what gets me to stop watching

Monty

Street Punk from Capital City
#If they would do that, that would be a return to the classic era, IMO.

Remember Me As I Was
They've already done every other annoying joke I hear my friends say before class, why not go all the way. Just have Bart or Lisa randomly say #YOLO or #Greatness because you know, that's what counts as a clever joke nowadays, saying hashtag, followed by something really recent or stupid to relate to the rest of this degenerating population of idiots. God damn do I hate that freaking joke.

Billy

Pin Pal
There's an episode next season where Mayor Quimby spends all the town's money on putting a massive '#' symbol next to the Springfield sign (the one that looks like the Hollywood sign), renaming it #Springfield. This suddenly makes the town really cool and loads of celebrities start visiting it, including Katy Perry (Guest Star Katy Perry) who voices the famous singer Katy Perry and performs one of her songs, and Benedict Cumberbatch who voices the famous actor Benedict Cumberbatch (his first line is "Hi, I'm Benedict Cumberbatch") and goes to Moe's Tavern for some reason. But then it all goes wrong as Otto hears the word 'Hashtag' and thinks it refers to hash, and starts giving everyone weed. The whole town get really stoned and say things like "Hashtag wow, I hashtag smoked hashtag so much hashtag weed" which is funny as they keep saying the word 'hashtag' but also because it's so current and up to date. Lisa gets really pissed off and emotional music plays as she goes on this massive rant about how cannabis should be made illegal and Katy Perry and Benedict Cumberbatch agree and then Homer says "Nice work, Sherlock!" which is funny as Benedict Cumberbatch plays Sherlock. Then Katy Perry kisses Marge and Marge says "I kissed a girl and I liked it!" in reference to that completely modern and up-to-date song of Katy Perry's, who is a special guest star in this episode. Then the episode ends over live-action footage of Katy Perry and Benedict Cumberbatch recording their voices in the studio and taking selfies with the cast and crew, and everyone's name in the credits has a hashtag next to it.

Also it's not called Twitter, it's called Mitter. And they keep referring to it as Mouble-U Mouble-U Mouble-U Mot Mitter Mot Mom.

Tromboon

Low & Lazy
[MENTION=13896]Billy[/MENTION] is easily my favorite user

But the whole "hashtag" thing would not be a plot point but just one joke though, some kid in the bus would say hashtag and Otto would look at them or say something about his hilarious and unexpected misinterpretation of the word.

pilcrow

nsfw
There's an episode next season where Mayor Quimby spends all the town's money on putting a massive '#' symbol next to the Springfield sign (the one that looks like the Hollywood sign), renaming it #Springfield. This suddenly makes the town really cool and loads of celebrities start visiting it, including Katy Perry (Guest Star Katy Perry) who voices the famous singer Katy Perry and performs one of her songs, and Benedict Cumberbatch who voices the famous actor Benedict Cumberbatch (his first line is "Hi, I'm Benedict Cumberbatch") and goes to Moe's Tavern for some reason. But then it all goes wrong as Otto hears the word 'Hashtag' and thinks it refers to hash, and starts giving everyone weed. The whole town get really stoned and say things like "Hashtag wow, I hashtag smoked hashtag so much hashtag weed" which is funny as they keep saying the word 'hashtag' but also because it's so current and up to date. Lisa gets really pissed off and emotional music plays as she goes on this massive rant about how cannabis should be made illegal and Katy Perry and Benedict Cumberbatch agree and then Homer says "Nice work, Sherlock!" which is funny as Benedict Cumberbatch plays Sherlock. Then Katy Perry kisses Marge and Marge says "I kissed a girl and I liked it!" in reference to that completely modern and up-to-date song of Katy Perry's, who is a special guest star in this episode. Then the episode ends over live-action footage of Katy Perry and Benedict Cumberbatch recording their voices in the studio and taking selfies with the cast and crew, and everyone's name in the credits has a hashtag next to it.

Also it's not called Twitter, it's called Mitter. And they keep referring to it as Mouble-U Mouble-U Mouble-U Mot Mitter Mot Mom.

Al Jean: "Guys, stop production of TABF02! They figured it out already!"

K

Kid Moe

I'm not so sure Al Jean and co. would even know what a hashtag is. Hell, I'm still not quite sure!

Insanity Pepper

A Lonely, Insignificant Speck
A Has-Been Planet Orbited by a Cold, Indifferent S
But the whole "hashtag" thing would not be a plot point but just one joke though, some kid in the bus would say hashtag and Otto would look at them or say something about his hilarious and unexpected misinterpretation of the word.
Haha, hashtag sounds like it has something to do with hash, which is a kind of cannabis. That is why Otto might think the word hashtag has something to do with cannabis.

Tromboon

Low & Lazy
Bart/Maybe some new tottaly hip kid: yo this Hashtag # is so frikin funny lol
Otto: Yeah I remember when me and my pls were little and used to hastag each other
Lisa: Otoo did Mitter exit when you were little
Otto: what's mitter
:woohoo::solo1::rasta:

EDIT: I'm such an insensitive jerk (there was something i deleted)

Last edited:

D'ohmer

Banned
Anyway I think using hashtags could be really funny if they're used properly. Knowing the writers, I'm sure they would find a way to make them humorous and fun. I hope to see them in a future episode. :)

Buntain Simpson

Stonecutter
Anyway I think using hashtags could be really funny if they're used properly. Knowing the writers, I'm sure they would find a way to make them humorous and fun. I hope to see them in a future episode. :)

look BUDDY the main issue with using hashtags is that in 10 years time the episode will be severely outdated - this is a flaw of many modern episodes.