What if California would never have been annexed to United States? The Simpsons would be a Mexican cartoon?

AnthonyNoHomers70100

Stonecutter
The U.S. states of California, Nevada, Utah, Nuevo México, Texas, Colorado, Arizona and some parts of Wyoming, Kansas and Oklahoma formerly were Mexican states in the 19th century, Texas became an independent country in 1836. But in 1848, the U.S. government of that time forced Mexico to sign the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo, forcing that country to cede much of its north to the United States, becoming U.S. states as today.

But what would be The Simpsons if that annexation had never happened?.

It would be a Mexican cartoon?. Well, like many other cartoons and movie, The Simpsons is produced in the state of California, in the city of Los Angeles, but if today that state would remain part of Mexico?. The Simpsons would be a Mexican Cartoon or would be produced for example in the state of New York. I know, the show premiered 141 years after the treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo.

Last edited:
96144686_10157302666308697_6205012404414185472_n.jpg

it's far more likely the concept of Hollywood, thus like 99% of this country's popular entertainment(and by extension tons of content from other countries) of the last 100 years, would not have existed. The Simpsons is a very small piece of the overall pie in this alternate scenario.

I'm baked so bear with me

but I want to play with the concept of this thread we are specifically talking about the field of animation no? ok establishing that this all has an ultimate basis in walt disney and Mickey Mouse and such right? well lets start with that domino what happens if walt had not moved the studio from it's Kansas City roots to LA and had not created Mickey with the help of Iwerks like face it animation as we know it is based primarily off Mickey yeah sure you can site the Alice comedies and Felix the Cat and Gertie the Dinosaur but the simple fact is Mickey is the big cheese(pun intended) the huge cheese that started the animation movement as we know it

and furthermore Walt had essentially failed as an animator prior to 1928 with Alice and Oswald and he saw this picture that was the first to have synchronized sound "The Jazz Singer" which led him to pursue cartooning further which led to "Steamboat Willie" and Mickey but okay let us work with that what if the Warner brothers had not emigrated to the United States and what was California/Los Angeles at the time thus had not established their studio Warner Bros and had not made this Jolson picture "The Jazz Singer" you see what I mean it's a game of fucking dominos

there would most certainly be an alternate timeline as far as motion picture entertainment and animation entertainment(Hollywood nor the state of California invented neither) goes by the time 2023 goes

but the franchise of the simpsons would likely not be an existent part of that timeline is the point

there would most certainly be an alternate timeline as far as motion picture entertainment and animation entertainment(Hollywood nor the state of California invented neither) goes by the time 2023 goes

but the franchise of the simpsons would likely not be an existent part of that timeline is the point
So, Hollywood wouldn't exist if California would have remained a Mexican state.

the name for the particular area that is now known as "Hollywood" was not used until 1887 so factually yes it would not exist more importantly the concept of it being the center of North American entrainment never would've been established

Back