Whacking Day vs Lisa the Iconoclast

Which do you think is the better episode?

• Total voters

Frankbags

Pin Pal
Both episodes deal with a simpsons family member finding incongruencies in the Jebediah Springfield lore, but which one is the better episode?

The two episodes come to a very different conclusion but both touch on the same subject, a fervor for the town's founder.

Whacking Day is a decent episode, and I like Barry White’s role in it. Iconoclast has the worst ending of any episode in history.

I like the ending of lisa the Iconoclast.. It teaches a valuable lesson that the truth is not always the best for the masses. Plus the fact that they have a sniper aiming at lisa to kill her if she were to spill the beans. I thought they nailed the political assassination trope.

Last edited:
Lisa the Iconoclast for sure, always found Whacking Day to be a tad overrated while it is a funny episode I've never seen it as a standout. Lisa the Iconoclast on the other hand is a smart episode that takes an interesting look at the history of Springfield.

Whacking Day is funnier, but I do like Homer and Lisa's interactions in Iconoclast. I'll give the edge to Whacking Day though, the Simpsons could use more pure silliness episodes.

Expose cia psyops Investigate tower 7 tell them about jebidiah. Iconoclast still bangs tho. Whacking day is pre good but forgettable for the era

whacking day is great fun, featuring one of my favourite sub-plots of any episode "he's should be called...johnny deformed"

but lisa the iconoclast is so much deeper and picks apart the idea of how inconvenient historical truths are overlooked to imbiggen people's perception of themselves and their countries (or in this case, towns)

Lisa the Vegetarian vs Lisa the Iconoclast might be a more interesting, tonally fitting matchup.

Lisa the Vegetarian vs Lisa the Iconoclast might be a more interesting, tonally fitting matchup.
That's one way to see it but this thread is about the lies the MSM is pushing about Jebediah and the freedom warriors who are trying to expose them. Bart is based unlike Lisa.

Lisa The Iconoclast is probably the better episode, it's paced better.. I like a lot of the jokes in Whacking day but it feels like an even older episode than season 4, I always thought it was a season 2 or possibly 3 episode. The end is a little less interesting because they just accept Bart's side of the story and abandon Whacking Day.

Back