Welcome once again to the NHC

I was thinking about the loss of the off-topic section and how it seems like how it must be rebuilt from the ground up and this is probably an unpopular opinion, but if it was up to me, I'd probably have sacrificed the pre-2011 material of Simpsons General Discussion if it meant that the post-2010 material of Animated Discussion would be spared (or that is at least how I feel about it right now).

Last edited:
Why is the url for the NHC excluded from being archived on the Wayback Machine?? Surely we could have avoided all this bullshit involving archiving if the NHC could have just been archived on the Wayback Machine, no?
Excellent question and I've actually been looking into that myself. I believe we were only excluded starting a couple years ago.

Update: I've reached out to the Internet Archive to see what the deal is.

Last edited:
View attachment 915

Hi everyone, and I hope you all enjoyed our summer vacation. Apologies for the weeks-long inconvenience as we overhauled this forum for the first time in 20 years.

Here's the good news: All Simpsons threads and posts since 2001 have been saved and successfully imported to this xenforo version of the NHC.

And here's the bad news: In order to successfully import the decades of Simpsons posts, all off topic posts and blogs were not included in the import. I sincerely apologize for this, since I realize that a significant amount of content and ongoing polls, games, and tournaments were removed as a result of this. Butttttt we did actually remove all the off topic posts once before in 2011, so now we're not due for an off topic post purge until 2031. ;)

In the coming weeks and months we'll be gradually adding new xenforo add-ons and some mobile-friendly features. Please be patient while we continue unpacking and decorating our new xenforo home.

You may post your reactions and complaints below that I may or may not read.

Enjoy the new board smell, everyone.
Thank god I didn't join until 2014

Continue to discover:
1) a nice little note with location: if you clicked on somebody's "real" place, it will be shown on Google maps. Simple, but there is some coolness and native here. :)
2) despite a really nice modern look, for the first view it seemed all is "hard and mess". To be honest😌.
3) not PROBLEM, but CUT OPTION: now we can't see, who is watching the thread right now: there used to be a list of "users, watched here". Technically, there is still enough place for it: right near the founder info. Or if all members' names would be too long, another variant - just a count like You and 3 number of users other members watching this thread (or topic) [right now]. Just my offer
4) in the very bottom there isn't an info about NHC like (R) The NoHomers Club 2001-2021

P.S. RIP GATOR (2001-2021) It was funny smile🐉

Last edited:
Excellent question and I've actually been looking into that myself. I believe we were only excluded starting a couple years ago.

Update: I've reached out to the Internet Archive to see what the deal is.
Yeah I definitely remember using the wayback machine with nhc in like 2015-16 - I always thought it was an intentional choice to save on bandwidth, I know crawlers can get pretty bloated on forums like these

Anyway i'm a little bit sad I won't get to wax nostalgic about my earliest (para)social relationships anymore but every time i did i was reminded about how fucking awful it was in many ways so perhaps its for the best

Last edited:
Yeah, that was a scary couple of weeks.

12890561841080p3.jpg

Truth be told, I'm certainly disappointed I lost everything I wrote in the animated discussion, which was the place I was the most active on by far. I don't think I wrote something important to the point where I would have wanted to save it at all costs, but yeah... I feel a little emptier. I certainly understand the retooling of the forum must have been real hard work and I still thank you guys for your dedication, the new design is certainly cool (though there will be some time to get used to it), but... yeah, we lost a lot in the process, many people lost much more than I did. I hope there will be a way to archive all of it after all. Welp, I guess it's time to rebuild it.

Last edited:
@Wile E. the Brain, I feel your pain of every Animated Discussion post being gone (I wrote so much and now its all lost, if we don't count the archive which I do hope will be available since there's probably stuff I'd like to save but didn't get a chance to with us users never getting any prior notification before the shutdown. I have rarely been disappointed with the forum but sure was now, even though I don't feel empty about the multitude of threads and posts being gone).

But as you say, it is time to rebuild and starting anew isn't such a bad thing the more I think of it, but I can see a lot of users feeling extremely disappointed, hurt and down (if not depressed) about so much material being lost and I hope it won't make them lose interest and/or stop posting. Holding my thumbs and hoping for the best (and I hope you and all of you others who lost their material will be able to do so as well. Stay strong).

@CousinMerl, thanks man, but don't worry, I don't feel THAT empty aha. Like I said, I don't think I lost something worth saving at all costs, even if thre were indeed some stuff I wrote that I cared about, but I'm mostly disappointed for those who made reviews I loved to read (mostly Szyslak100, and AngusCastle and his Disney thread). I'll personally get over the loss, but it would be nice if there will be archives yeah. And me too, I hope some users won't be disappointed enough to quit the forum for good.

I'm mostly disappointed for those who made reviews I loved to read (mostly Szyslak100, and AngusCastle and his Disney thread).

Oh definitely. I did follow @Szyslak100 's Rick And Morty thread and @AngusCastle 's Disney review thread and it is sad to see them as well as the other personal review threads all gone. I hope they will find it in them to continue to stick around and resume their projects somehow, hopefully not too discouraged (I already contacted AngusCastle about his thread and I hope Szyslak100 will at least continue the abeformentioned project).

Thank you very much for your kind words, guys. I am really glad to know you liked it. As I said, the one-month break made me realize I was spending much more time here than I'd like, so I would have not kept writing them even if the threads would be still available. I already had prepared four reviews of BoJack to publish and decided to delete them before they could see daylight.

Also, the fifth season of Rick and Morty was an absolute disgrace from the fourth to the seventh episode with that incestuous episode being hands down the worst animated episode I have ever seen so, in a certain way, I am happy to leave the project, haha.

And yeah, even if I was not that present in the Disney Movies thread mainly because I have watched few of them, I'd also love it if @AngusCastle has the energy to keep 'em going.

And not to mention, Sandboy's still not here either, so hopefully he'll return also eventually

Thank you very much for your kind words, guys. I am really glad to know you liked it. As I said, the one-month break made me realize I was spending much more time here than I'd like, so I would have not kept writing them even if the threads would be still available. I already had prepared four reviews of BoJack to publish and decided to delete them before they could see daylight.

Also, the fifth season of Rick and Morty was an absolute disgrace from the fourth to the seventh episode with that incestuous episode being hands down the worst animated episode I have ever seen so, in a certain way, I am happy to leave the project, haha.

And yeah, even if I was not that present in the Disney Movies thread mainly because I have watched few of them, I'd also love it if @AngusCastle has the energy to keep 'em going.

I certainly understand and respect your choice to be less of a presence here as you feel you spend more time on the board than necessary and I'm fine with you stopping your rate & review projects, albeit it would be neat if you still did your lengthy Simpsons reviews (at least for new episodes).

Also, I could never have guessed you'd hate season 5 of R&M enough to drop that project instantly. With the board going offline for a month, I have had the time to catch up and I can understand how people are split on the season & a few episodes deservedly get flak (like the sperm monster & incest baby episodes) though I found some decent to good, even if most are messes that goes for quantity over quality and become overdone action spectacles with little substance. It is a step down from even from the previous season and I feel the show has already become stale so I understand you're dropping the show.

I'm still waiting for AngusCastle to come back and continue his thread (well, start from where he left off), as I think it deserves to be continued with all the good work he's been putting into it.

Last edited:
Ugh! Guys, I can't delete my post in the Family Guy Discussion Thread, this is so frustrating for me right now 😠

Sorry about the brief downtime tonight! Initial tinkering with the site to create the requested archive of older off topic posts resulted in that. 🤦‍♂️

And yes, I won't make any promises but we're working on creating an archive 🤞

Back