Welcome once again to the NHC

actually I'm a pretty lazy owner all of the time, but thanks.

Fixed your post.

It's absolutely disgraceful how this whole move was handled. People offered to help with archiving posts CONSTANTLY, and all they got was a dismissive "Yeah, okay" answer not really listening to what they're saying. And no warning either so people didn't have time to save their posts in some way. Xenforo is the WORST thing that has ever happened to this forum, and I don't find that deniable.

BOOOOOOOOO!!!

Reactions: Sam
It's absolutely disgraceful how this whole move was handled. People offered to help with archiving posts CONSTANTLY, and all they got was a dismissive "Yeah, okay" answer not really listening to what they're saying. And no warning either so people didn't have time to save their posts in some way.
giphy.gif

I'm not kidding around, Eric. Why did you ignore all those people who offered to help you archive the posts? I know Roarke has flown the coop already, but shouldn't you have a little more respect and care for your members? For Christ's sake, even kupomog when she reached out you only gave a sarcastic response of "Increase your post count".

I'll tell you what will increase. Anger. Anger over how this place has been ruined permanently, and how you and Roarke are both responsible for some of the most iconic and beloved posts being gone forever, simply because you were too lazy to give a shit or pissed your pants over not getting your sponsors like some US-made China masturbating blockbuster. Appalling is all I can say. Appalling.

• Eek
Reactions: Sam
Had problems to get in this website like few weeks ago more or less and ended up forgetting about it, now that I remember NHC turns out that we moved. Cool.
I'm seeing some complaints and I would have preferred to be informed about the change but it's okay, a bit pointless to care about it at this point. Now it's time to get adapted to this new format.

Thanks for all the work admins, I'm sure it had to be a really hard task.

I'm not kidding around, Eric. Why did you ignore all those people who offered to help you archive the posts?

We discussed it but we do not know "those people" who requested the database, and thus we cannot trust them with 20 years of data, which of course include personal e-mail addresses, passwords, private messages, etc. It was dangerous to begin with to have an easily hackable, non-secure vBulletin forum online for so long. We were extremely lucky that we only had maybe three to four known hacking attempts over the years.

The original NHC/B&R's databases, including off topic posts from both 2001 to 2011 and also from 2011 to 2021, have been saved onto our personal devices for any future usage. However, the original era's off topic posts prior to 2011 are too slur-filled and embarrassing to ever see the light of day again on a public site. There are no plans to ever release those posts again.

As previously mentioned, there were discussions about shutting down this site entirely. One day that will inevitably happen, but we'll keep it going for awhile longer so that maybe we can actually outlast the show.

What format are the off-topic posts currently in? Can it be uploaded to Mega/Google Drive and shared with me so I can start looking for a way to archive it?

MySQL data, and no. We would only allow you to view the posts if they're imported by us into another forum for said archival purposes. I did get your message with your contact information so I'll gladly be in touch with you if this happens. Thanks! 👍

Wow! It just feels so glad to have lost all my posts in the forums now that I've logged in again! :)

at the very least adjust my post count number thingie to 13,062 to account for the ~11k posts I lost

Happy to be back! Thanks Eric. I realise this transition hasn't been the smoothest and that some people have lost a lot in the process for which I sympathise. I know exactly how that feels. I'm just grateful any of this remains at all.

Back