Volume 6 DVD/Blu-Ray Thread

DotheBartman

SuperFriend
NO IT ISN'T TOO EARLY.

Announcement:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Futurama-Volume-6/15695

Blast off your inhibitions as The Simpsons creator Matt Groening brings you another far-out collection of FUTURAMA fun! In addition to a full payload of outrageous extras, Volume Six delivers 13 mind-Bendering new episodes that involve time travel, self-replication, covert missions, alien eggs and more robot roughhousing than you can shake a girder at. It's a scream...the good kind!

With the 2011 San Diego Comic Con getting under way today, it's no surprise that Fox Home Entertainment has chosen this day to reveal that Futurama - Volume 6 is coming to DVD! The street date is scheduled for December 20th, just in time for Christmas. Cost will be $29.98 SRP for a 2-disc set which includes the featurette "Christopher’s Big Score: The Music of Futurama". For last December's Volume 5 release, there was a Blu-ray Disc format version of that title, but so far there's no word if we'll get a BD release of Volume 6. Keep in mind, though, that further details will be available later on, closer to the street date. But for now we have a look at the DVD package art for you:

Taken from: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Futurama-Volume-6/15695#ixzz1Sn2AhR00

Futurama_V6.jpg

From elsewhere:

http://www.bigpicturebigsound.com/R...and-Futurama-Coming-on-Blu-ray-from-Fox.shtml

Futurama Volume 6 landing on December 20, Commentaries are planned for every episode, along with a selection of deleted scenes, a segment with Professor Farnsworth and others about the music and the fans. It's all about the fans.

Paul

streets ahead
I really like the art theme they have going with these sets.

Muskrat

Junior Camper
Can't believe we're seeing this when we're only half way through the season, but yeah, it looks good. Hopefully Volume 7 will look similar and have Fry on the cover.

Walid

Executive Vice President
i still haven't gotten volume 5. I'm just not as into the show as i used to be.

but that is a sweet cover. i hope they continue with fry next cover, and depending on how long the series lasts, use zoidberg, farnsworth, hermes, amy, scruffy, etc. on future DVDs.

alex_on_ice

Pin Pal
Wow, that's nice artwork for the cover! Once Season 6 has finished airing, I'll not only order the 4 films that I'm missing but Season 6 (Volumes 1 and 2) of Futurama as well. I don't know when this will come out in Europe but I'll wait for it ;). I'm happy there is commentary on all the episodes because the boxset I have of the first four seasons doesn't have any commentary at all.

TriforceBun

*RIP Marcia Wallace*
Nice art and colors.

I'm hoping (though skeptical) that Futurama will return to a "normal" TV schedule after this year though. It's kind of frustrating getting these lightweight 13-episode volumes as opposed to the standard 20+ eps of a TV season. Why not air them in the Fall-Spring run instead of the current Summer one?

DotheBartman

SuperFriend
The 7ACV run is already confirmed as running the same way (13 in 2012, 13 in 2013)...that's just the way cable works, really. No show on a network like Comedy Central would run 20+ eps a year, barring a non-weekly show like The Daily Show obviously. It isn't the business model.

Jims

I'm Bartman.
It isn't the business model.

That, and this model gives them the nice luxury of charging people for DVDs twice as often. DVD sales is something that kept Futurama afloat, so it's very lucrative to do so.

Not that I'm really complaining, mind you. I honestly don't mind financing this show as long as I keep getting new episodes. :D

Otis P Jivefunk

Stonecutter
It's a good cover and like with the previous set I will be importing this over from America to England to watch on my multi-region DVD player...

It's also worth noting that for region 2 viewers who don't have multi-region, that Sky One will be airing all 26 episodes in one batch very soon. This means it is quite possible that region 2 might get a DVD set of all 26 episodes. This is pure speculation at this point, but you never know...