Voice Actor that Sounds Most Like their Main Character?

Johnny Deformed

Executive Vice President
Out of Castellaneta, Kavner, Cartwright, and Smith, which voice actor do you think sounds most like their respective family member (sorry Shearer and Azaria)?

I'd go with Yeardley Smith and Lisa. Smith's real voice sounds really similar to Lisa's, but I guess the fact that she only voices Lisa and a couple of one-time characters makes that obvious.

I know it's not the winner but an honorable mention for this topic I think should be Harry Shearer as Skinner.

But to answer the question right now at hand, Yeardley Smith as Lisa of course.

you guys are all wrong, it's yeardley smith. also it never really hit me until now that yeardley smith's first name is yeardley. like there's dan, Julie, nancy, hank, harry, and yEaRdLeY.

FREAK!

Homer's voice doesn't resembles do Dan's. But his French voice looks like to his French dubber's a lot, but it isn't dumb. The first French dubber of Wiggum had the same voice as him.

OT, but has anybody noticed that in "Smart & Smarter", when Bart says "This place looks familiar", his voice sounds different?

you guys are all wrong, it's yeardley smith. also it never really hit me until now that yeardley smith's first name is yeardley. like there's dan, Julie, nancy, hank, harry, and yEaRdLeY.

FREAK!

Her first name is Martha. But I bet you knew that and posted that because you wanted someone to take the bait and make them look stupid. Well I'm already stupid. So take that.

Also yeah, YEARDLEY Smith is the only right answer.

C'mon, it's gotta be Yeardley Smith. She's got a high-pitched voice, like Lisa.

Kavner doesn't speak with a permanent croak.

KAVNER (from npr interview):
When I do Marge, I talk higher, when I do the twins, I talk lower. Do I have a great voice or what?

Not counting Smith or Kavner, Principal Skinner sounds a lot like Harry Shearer's real voice, only more uptight.

Smith with Kavner a close second.

Didn't Smith voice the old lady across the street in a couple of early episodes? I don't recall how similar she sounded to Smith's real voice though.

Uh, almost everything Jon Lovitz has said on the show.
Since [MENTION=47815]simpsonsbart[/MENTION] is bringing up the dubs, almost all the dubbers do their characters with their regular speaking voices. Very rarely do they use "character" voices or are as versatile as the main cast.

Back